FORUM

XP / Cash Grind

Gepostet: //
10. Januar 2018 06:36

Hello everyone, Pretty sure I played with most of you on PC, I am either that friendly dude or that raging gorilla depending on the day lol Playing veteran 100% of the time but can't help but notice, takes forever to get enough XP to buy one module upgrade for one ship... I get 2-3K (+-) depends if win or lose, xp on my main ship per match and I play like 5-6 rounds a day.. I want to get second weapon for my heavy vette... and need 90K xp to go through the beam upgrade 40K then to the actual weapons 50K.... and that is just TWO upgrades... its taking weeks in my math... is there something I dont know ? or is it a must to spend cash on this game to progress ?

10. Januar 2018 08:27

With the current change, it is taking too long to get modules. the reason for this is the cost of the ships have been added to the module cost. a bad move imo. You can spend cash to progress faster, but unless you have a vast surpluse of XP on maxed ships, you will not get very far, and currently Elite will not really speed up the grind all that much, though it dose improve it a bit. This all came about because people complained about the cost of T4/T5 ships, the over all grind from T1-T5 is shorter(apparently), but it sure dose not feel that way.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

11. Januar 2018 04:23

Ive been playing this game on and off for a while now and have found the progession system incredibly frustrating. I would invest more into this game if it's didn't seem so pointless.

This frustration got exasperated yesterday when I got my first T4 ship. Looking through the Tac Cruiser Aion's tech tree I realised,to get the modules that I enjoy playing with (more support orientated) I will need weeks and weeks of playing with modules that don't interest me at all. This could be alieviated if I had a choice in which modulesI wanted to play with in a lower Tier and then farming up the higher tiers (that would be a stats boost and I can still enjoy the play style).

So down to math, lets say I get roughly 2.5K xp per game with boost. The first module costs 35 000 K xp, thats 14 games to unlock one module. Just to get Repair Drone instead of a Tesla Pod that are 4 unlocks needed. Ignoring the increased cost per level (can't be bothered to go research the different costs), that's 56 games for ONE module I want to play with, crazy.

Maby im to new to this game compared to the veretans to for a "Pro Opinion" but this is frustrating to say the least.

Never limit a games playstyle to a time sink, rather focus on stats increases and open the doors to various playstyles. This will help me make an informed opinion on what I want out of this game.

As a last note, this game has, in my opinion, great potential, it just needs more focused direction.

11. Januar 2018 07:08

The grind has also gotten worse, because not having the right module setup makes you less effective in combat. On top of that Legendary Fleet is almost useless since it doesn't warp you in veteran matches if you only have T4 ships. So by stats the progression is faster, you can make it to T4 fairly fast and need longer for T4 and T5. Ingame the progression is not really faster, since your ship isn't fully equipped with the modules you would like.

I honestly do not understand how the devs actually got that into the game, i mean it is their job and it does not certainly feel like they know what they are doing. In my opinion we were better off before the update, so you could get where you want easier by only spending ship xp and almost no credits. Now we have to use a sh i t ton of Credits because we are forced to buy modules no matter if they are worth the time effort or not. As you gain Credits slower than ship xp, this is even worse.

I expected the last update to possibly be a game killer so i was hoping atleast the devs noticed and try do react fast, but that didn't happen yet.

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

11. Januar 2018 07:08

Won't allow me to post lol?

11. Januar 2018 07:09

Thank you for your replies guys. Yes it is getting frustrating, I LOVE my heavy vette but inorder to even get good with it and buy the modules I WANT I will have to spend weeks and weeks to get it shaped well... and that is still not considering the OBs ... that is just another long story...

I have no idea what "Good" came from this change in the system... old one was fine, people cried about ships costs because they were new players trying to RUSH into a veteran match or to go get a t4 asap... instead of playing and learning and actually get familiar with the styles and ways of the game ...

Really hope this will be fixed or changed soon, I can't see this game surviving a couple of months and its sad because the game itself is fun. Why not get us module shop per CLASS not per family and ship... let us have like a shop tab for Destroyer class ships based on Tiers.. we buy a module and can use on ALL our destroyers... and ofc organizing and setting the modules with regard to Tiers....

The way the game is now, I feel stuck I can't progress my main ship much because of how expensive (xp mostly) the modules are and can't progress other ships because they will take again months of playtime to even get one to decently functional in veteran.

11. Januar 2018 07:10

Agreed with the above. Love the game! But that's just a time sink and I don't have that long to invest. Tbh if greybox want to make some money out of me then give me the option to pay a quid or two to just buy the module and I probably would, rather than mucking about with converting ship xp with GP at exorbitant cost and so on.

11. Januar 2018 07:46

I hope that the next patch will bring some changes to the grind, to be fair it's been realy negative to the change.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

11. Januar 2018 09:01

Aktualisiert //
11. Januar 2018 09:02

New system sucks! Players would rather get the modules they want sooner and grinding with those modules to get the next ship, rather than grind for so long to get to the modules they want while having modules they don't want, only to unlock the next ship at the same time.

Also, what's with the increased costs at T5? That doesn't make any sense! There's no next tier to redistribute ship cost from, so why were the prices jacked at T5?

11. Januar 2018 09:21

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-205437) said:

New system sucks! Players would rather get the modules they want sooner and grinding with those modules to get the next ship, rather than grind for so long to get to the modules they want while having modules they don't want, only to unlock the next ship at the same time.

Also, what's with the increased costs at T5? That doesn't make any sense! There's no next tier to redistribute ship cost from, so why were the prices jacked at T5?

From what i understand, the cost of the ship was put in to the tech tree of that ship. So the cost of a T5 ship, was put in to the T5 tech tree. A bad idea imo

Dieses Forum ist eingeschränkt, Beiträge können nicht erstellt werden.