FORUM

DEVS: Please sell this game to a team that cares...

Gepostet: //
8. Juni 2021 07:48

I have been playing this game on/off for years. And every time I return to see the status of the game, nothing has changed. If the devs only put a little TLC into the game and update its graphics (which are now very dated---its no wonder why its not drawing new players), this game could make a comeback. Just look at Start Conflict: A game released in 2012 and still going strong today. Why? Because if you were to play it today, it looks and feels like a game made in 2021, not 2012. The devs updated its graphics and listened to their players to improve the game. We need a dev team that cares for DN, and puts the same love and care into this game to draw in new players and keep the old ones.

I have said this many times before, and I don't expect things to change now. But I love DN, and hate to see it die a slow death for the last 2 years. Please devs, do the right thing and avoid letting this game bleed to death. Sell it to a company that cares for it!

-D

11. Juni 2021 07:39

literally me right now, was wondering whats going on with this game. They could release Mobile. Theres no good mobile offerings in this genre. I would play this on mobile for sure. bet alot of ppl would. just add clans & clan wars by points time gated on weekends or something. but 1100% mobile port over would be

11. Juni 2021 07:54

sick...

5. Dezember 2021 02:15

I think the industry as a whole is dying. It will be years before the dust settles and we should enjoy what we have.

Come join me @ Twitch

6. Januar 2022 07:19

Aktualisiert //
6. Januar 2022 07:21

Normandy_SR3#6697 posted (#post-280118) said:

I have been playing this game on/off for years. And every time I return to see the status of the game, nothing has changed. If the devs only put a little TLC into the game and update its graphics (which are now very dated---its no wonder why its not drawing new players), this game could make a comeback. Just look at Start Conflict: A game released in 2012 and still going strong today. Why? Because if you were to play it today, it looks and feels like a game made in 2021, not 2012. The devs updated its graphics and listened to their players to improve the game. We need a dev team that cares for DN, and puts the same love and care into this game to draw in new players and keep the old ones.

I have said this many times before, and I don't expect things to change now. But I love DN, and hate to see it die a slow death for the last 2 years. Please devs, do the right thing and avoid letting this game bleed to death. Sell it to a company that cares for it!

-D

Quite a few issues with this.

For starters, the game is far from "still going strong". It has a miniscule player base of just a few hundred souls - on PC anyway. Steam charts indicate that Dreadnought had peak player levels as follows:

October 2018 - 3,691 November 2018 - 2,011 December 2018 - 899

January 2019 - 474 February 2019 - 515

Since then, the highest peak player level it has achieved was 327 in November 2019. https://steamcharts.com/app/835860

Obviously this doesn't include console players, but I think its safe to assume their numbers aren't much different. F2P games with tiny player bases equals not much resources to develop with.

That alone reduces the amount of time and effort the devs are willing to commit to it. With that in mind, I think they've done okay. The graphics are actually pretty decent IMO for a niche game. I've watched some Star Conflict footage and I'd say the graphics are marginally better but not hugely so.

SC is 5 years older, so has had more time for updates & improvements to be developed. It also uses a different game engine which maybe allows them to do things that the Unreal engine can't?

Quite honestly, the only real issues I have with Dreadnought are the lack of players, the relatively small, cluttered maps and tech trees that stop at Tier V.

I'd like to see them introduce more ships...possibly all the way up to Tier X, along with bigger maps to accommodate these larger, higher tier ships. Maybe some new weapons, offensive / defensive mechanics etc. But overall, I feel its a pretty good game, for what it is.

I would agree that maybe a mobile version might help boost player numbers and revenue.

But with regard to selling up to another developer...unless they find someone with a real vision (and the resources) to expand the game & increase its popularity, I doubt it would achieve much.

Any more o' that nonsense and I'll keelhaul the lot o' ye, ye scurvy bilge rats!

Dieses Forum ist eingeschränkt, Beiträge können nicht erstellt werden.