FORUMS

PC Game Update 1.10 Balancing Spotlight - Feedback Thread

Posted: //
Nov. 24, 2017, 8:16 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 14, 2017, 8:04 a.m.

EDIT 14th of December:

PC Update 1.10 will be released on 14th of December at 2 PM UTC / 06AM PST. The estimated game downtime is 4 hours.

Click here for the news article featuring the release and the market update.

Please leave your feedback in this thread.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Captains,

PC Update 1.10 is not far out and we have already released all upcoming changes to the game balance. We did this in order to give you the chance to let us know what you thing about the adjustments prior to the release which will allow us to make changes before the actual update release.

So if you think that we went to far with something or that we missed something else then please let us know in this thread.

Click here for the news article featuring all balancing changes and loads of developer comments.

Best wishes, DN_Hardy

Hardy Schilling
Dreadnought Community Manager - German

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing right!"

Nov. 24, 2017, 8:43 a.m.

I agree with the auto beam nerf. But I think the other changes to Tacs have kina pushed them more away from a healing roll. With that, the nerf to nuke salvo is a bit much, as your luck if you ever get more than one to hit a target as the tend to split off in all directions, making them hard to use in most situations.

You seem to have made all the missiles faster, which has been an asked for thing, but with all the changed to tacs healing, this will make dreadnoughts slow moving coffins.

The game is going to just more to a fast paces shooter, where if you ship has not got speed, it's dead.

I feel this is too much too fast. I have a bad feeling that matches will move towards being Destroyer and corvette centred as Tac's are too weak to stand up to a destroyer, Arts get eaten by corvettes, and dreads have lost there healers, so they wont be able to stay in a fight as long as they use to.

I guess we will have to wait till the changes drop to see how it will play out, but I have a bad feeling about it.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 24, 2017, 9:08 a.m.

Too much too fast, I feel.

Tac's healing has taken a big hit, yeah the auto beams needed it, but I fear that dreads are going to have a hard time of it. as now they have lost a big chunk of healing. with the speed and range increase of missiles this will be felt the most by the slowest moving ship in the game.

I hope Fleshet missiles will be the good counter to corvettes that you want them to me, but I still think they are going to be lack luster. Corvettes have great speed, and can easily out run missiles and get behind cover before the missiles have finished launching, so I'm looking forward to see how this change will play out.

Nuke salvo, that's a big damage nerf for a more often than not inaccurate weapon.

I feel after these changes speed will be the deciding factor in matches, and turn matches in to games of "peek-a-boo"

Of course we will have to wait and see how they play out in game.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 24, 2017, 9:59 a.m.

My response:

Flechette buff = good

Torp buff = good. Except for torp salvo, if that applies to vette's salvo too then there's another reason to never use heavy torp

Laser buff = good

Pods buff = good

Pulse standardize = good

Autobeam nerf = 50/50. While the interval is good, the amount is a bit heavy but bearable. What I'm worry about is the cool down, that push healers to use energy regen + retaliator, and that's not flexible

Corvette - Immelmann Maneuver = good. Although I'm sure no one will use it, still, because vettes style is dump and drive, not stay and fight.

Kinetic armor amp nerf = good

Tempest missiles buff = good

Rocket turrets buff = good

Storm missiles nerf = 50/50. While I do think that storm missiles is OP, nerfing its range so heavily will push destroyers to use Repeater missiles instead. I think 2400-2500 range is ok, or increase the launch duration.

Goliath Torpedo = bad. While preventing blowing yourself up is welcome, 5s arming is simply too long. Need to reduce it to 3s like Scylla, AND reduce the cooldown as well because during the arm time the cooldown does not kick in

Starling Missile Salvo nerf = good

Nuke buff = good

Tartarus change = same as goliath, need to reduce cooldown to match the arming time.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 24, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

Destroyer - Goliath Torpedo (all tiers)

Now has an arming time of 5s
Developer comment:

Many people often killed themselves with the Goliath Torpedo by shooting it into a wall by accident. This will not happen >anymore as these Torpedoes now also have an arming time.

I think you may be vastly overestimating the average player's ability here smile

Nov. 24, 2017, 12:18 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 24, 2017, 12:20 p.m.

I am afraid this patch will buff Arties into total domination.

Reduced repair autobeams means harder time to advance on them.

2km Disrupt/Stasis Autobeams means harder time to hit them, or you have to fight them close range without modules. Not like they were easy to kill at all thanks to EM spam, small profile and Anti-Missile-Pulse.

If we ignore the Arties a step into less heal balling, but with other modules to prevent aoe damage.

More useful missiles are nice, but this might move battles to longer ranges, which makes it pretty tough for the slower ships.

Recruit Engineer

Nov. 24, 2017, 12:34 p.m.

I was always quite proud of sneaking behind enemy lines to make a catapult kill from below in artillery cruisers. It reflected the strategies and nuances of stealth ships in Fractured Space. You hit like a freight train, but you're crippled if anyone so much as sneezes in your general direction after you're visible. It takes forethought and adaptability to get out of it alive, especially with multiple enemies. It brought a new type of skillset to the table, one not focussed on the kill itself but the setup and follow-up.

With a fuse added to the bomb catapult, I sincerely hope that another ship is introduced at some point to take advantage of this now lost, but extremely refreshing high-risk high-reward playstyle. You could argue we have the Corvettes I suppose, but it's not quite the same with their mobility and escape modules. I want your survival to rely on your ingenuity, not your equipment. Give me a good cloak drive, a weak hull, and a BIG weapon. Leave the rest up to the skill of the player.

Nov. 24, 2017, 12:34 p.m.

I was always quite proud of sneaking behind enemy lines to make a catapult kill from below in artillery cruisers. It reflected the strategies and nuances of stealth ships in Fractured Space. You hit like a freight train, but you're crippled if anyone so much as sneezes in your general direction after you're visible. It takes forethought and adaptability to get out of it alive, especially with multiple enemies. It brought a new type of skillset to the table, one not focussed on the kill itself but the setup and follow-up.

With a fuse added to the bomb catapult, I sincerely hope that another ship is introduced at some point to take advantage of this now lost, but extremely refreshing high-risk high-reward playstyle. You could argue we have the Corvettes I suppose, but it's not quite the same with their mobility and escape modules. I want your survival to rely on your ingenuity, not your equipment. Give me a good cloak drive, a weak hull, and a BIG weapon. Leave the rest up to the skill of the player.

Nov. 24, 2017, 2:49 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 24, 2017, 11:30 p.m.

Arties do seem like they'll be the real winner here, but we'll just have to see how it plays out. One thing I can assure you is that there will be a fresh wave of people saying something is OP, as usual. Until I can actually play with the update, it's too early for me to say if the tac nerf went too far but this should break up the heal ball, which is a meta I'm not particularly a fan of.

I'm with Jawayne in thinking that the meta will shift to longer range battles and, as Belial said, Dreads will probably suffer to some degree.

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

Nov. 24, 2017, 2:51 p.m.

so because people use stealth and take risks to get under ships and bomb cat them you are going to punish them? I thought that was how we were supposed to take out people grouped in strong positions. not only that, i cant use bomb cat to defend against corvettes or fast moving destroyers either. basically now anything with speed can just close the distance.... guess ill go back to purge mode and check out the missile changes

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.