FORUMS

PC Game Update 1.10 Balancing Spotlight - Feedback Thread

Posted: //
Dec. 1, 2017, 11:03 a.m.

I'm going to agree with Gamatech and SunnyKim on the bomb catapult change. The first time I did that to an opponent was an "ah hah!" moment, and got me thinking of a whole new way to use the ship and tech. That tactic really enhanced and encouraged the 3D play on some of the maps that had that kind of depth to use.

Given the hit point pool of many of the ships, it's not quite the insta-kill that I think is driving the nerf. And, it still takes a decent amount of skill/tactics to get into position, and a bit of help from the other team (not paying attention) to make this work. And as Gamatech said, as soon as you fire a world of hurt comes down on you, so you really have to work at it to make the attack work AND get away with it.

I'd like to see you guys hold this nerf back for at least one more iteration. Let's see how the beam/missile/pod changes and healer balancing affect gameplay before we go after this play-inspired tactic.

Thanks, and keep up the good work

Dec. 1, 2017, 11:32 a.m.

Torpedos (particularly Drain Torpedos) of destroyers and corvettes should NOT have the same range; destroyers should have longer range torpedos to balance out their decreased mobility compared to corvettes. Also, Drain Torpedo 2400 m range is too short for destroyers other than the Vindicta. 2 out of 3 destroyers aren't that maneuverable and are large enough to be easily hit at close range, so I don't see why the range of half of their torpedo modules and future Storm Missiles are less than 2800 m.

Dec. 1, 2017, 6:34 p.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-177409) said:

Torpedos (particularly Drain Torpedos) of destroyers and corvettes should NOT have the same range; destroyers should have longer range torpedos to balance out their decreased mobility compared to corvettes. Also, Drain Torpedo 2400 m range is too short for destroyers other than the Vindicta. 2 out of 3 destroyers aren't that maneuverable and are large enough to be easily hit at close range, so I don't see why the range of half of their torpedo modules and future Storm Missiles are less than 2800 m.

Yeah I gave up on torps and storm on Blud already. Though I can gear Blud to be a tank with energy regen, I don't know how to gear the Vigo

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Dec. 5, 2017, 4:09 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 5, 2017, 4:10 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-177445) said: Yeah I gave up on torps and storm on Blud already. Though I can gear Blud to be a tank with energy regen, I don't know how to gear the Vigo

I like the Vigo the best. With clever use of positioning and Energy, it absolutely rocks. I'm using Engine Rigger to quickly move into position, swap to weapons to do tons of damage and run away again. (Engaging Energy Generator in the meantime + Weapon Pulse).

If this doesn't work due to team composition and/or healballs, it can still be useful to the team with the booster pulse + tank an aweful lot with shields + energy generator. (and some little heals)

I just want to try the improved Tempest + Flechettes eventually.

Dec. 6, 2017, 3:11 a.m.

Nerezzar#1672 posted (#post-179164) said:

I like the Vigo the best. With clever use of positioning and Energy, it absolutely rocks. I'm using Engine Rigger to quickly move into position, swap to weapons to do tons of damage and run away again. (Engaging Energy Generator in the meantime + Weapon Pulse).

If this doesn't work due to team composition and/or healballs, it can still be useful to the team with the booster pulse + tank an aweful lot with shields + energy generator. (and some little heals)

I just want to try the improved Tempest + Flechettes eventually.

Yeah except Vindicta can do that without the need to use Engine Rigger or energy regen, thus you can use Nerve of Steel and evasive maneuver for more speed. And Blud is much better with the weapon booster pulse + energy regen combo due to the higher HP

Don't get me wrong, I can use Vigo and pretty efficient with it as well, but it doesn't have an identity to me. It's more like a nerfed version of Vindicta.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Dec. 6, 2017, 11:49 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-179412) said: Don't get me wrong, I can use Vigo and pretty efficient with it as well, but it doesn't have an identity to me. It's more like a nerfed version of Vindicta.

I'm not actually playing Vigo, only had it opened for OB, but doesn't Vigo has the best guns of all destroyers?

Why not try to capitalize on that?

Something like Weaponbooster Pulse + Weapon Amp for perimeter and internal could have worked really well in synergy with those. And probably some team-oriented secondary module, like Weaponbooster Missile for squad play (to buff those Onagers and get them do 40+k dmg per salvo) and/or Weaponbreaker Missile for solo play (for healer debuff). It's sad, however, that there are no really interesting (mechanic-wise) primary mods for destroyers, aside from the glorious Ram. Only those boring rockets and torpedoes. But you could go with some generic long-range one, like Tempest (which they promised will be good in the upcoming patch) And for OBs something like Desperate Measures, Destruction Cascade (or 101), Nerves of Steel and Get My Good Side (or 101 again, why not).

At least that's what I would try myself, if I was a huge fan of Vigo and was looking a nieche for it.

"Hang in there!" (™)

Dec. 7, 2017, 5:51 a.m.

Aersdri#5059 posted (#post-179729) said:

I'm not actually playing Vigo, only had it opened for OB, but doesn't Vigo has the best guns of all destroyers?

Why not try to capitalize on that?

Problem with gun build is that it cannot break through shield fast enough. Your target will just run and recover while you reload your gun. Yes I'm playing a gun Blud as well. If Vigo clip size is around 50 it would be nice, now I spend too much time reloading instead.

Dec. 7, 2017, 11:24 p.m.

I'm feeling fairly optimistic about this update, next time I'm with a gaming rig on shore I'll have to dive back into DN and test the waters.

In the immortal words of Socrates: "I drank... What?"

Dec. 10, 2017, 5:34 a.m.

Nooooooo what will happen to my Storm Vigo ? Noooooooo

Dec. 10, 2017, 7:55 a.m.

well, i think there are many good changes, but still some are needed, at first the tac cruiser, its mainweapons range, for healing and dmg in my oppinion is much to high, i mean, it is not a sniper, so why do it have to be able to kill a vette, wich is more meele like, on the other side of the map while the tac still stands with its grp and don't risk anything with that??? also that the tac can hold alive a dread fom the other end of the map is a bit anoying... and as next, the medium vette, it gets also every nerf on vettes too, nerfs that match with the speed and hull of the light or heavy ones but well, the light one (jupiter arms, just in case anyone don't know what i mean) is still overpovered, not to much but well, it can easy fly out of tractorbeams cause it is fast enough to counter it just with flying, the heavy one (akula vector) don't really need to fly out of cause its hull is high enough to stay alife for long time, but the medium one (oberon), wich is the slowest, with the lowest hull and weakest dmg, gets more and more unplayable with all that nerfes, sometimes it seems it has a hitbox bigger than the visible parts of a dreadnought around its hull, slower than a destroyer and not able to escape from anything (if u don't use afterburner) and cause that isn't enough to make players don't play it anymore, it makes lower dmg than a tac on max distance... that is what you feel if you play the medium one against normal playing veteran teams. yeah there are some teams that are not able to work against a vette, even not gainst the medium one, but that is just cause they not really know what to do but the most teams do... so what i would prefere is to speed up the medium one a bit to match the "oberon-advantage" of highest speed of all ship types and slow the light one a bit down, not too much but enough to get the tractor beam work again. cause at moment the only single thing the medium vette is best in is its apperance, its skins, how it looks, but yeah, that don't make it more playable

and at last nerf the stasis, every single version, the pulse (well ok, the pulse don't have such big range so not the most needed), the rockets, beams, munnition... -90% speed is way to strong, same with that energy absorbing stuff, mainly inside the purge it is to op, one hit with any purge and all energy is gone... not nice if you think about the purge beam of a tac, gainst a vette on the other side of the map, specially on a medium one... with lower range it is not so extremly bad but still to strong ... well, the rest is well balanced i think, if you forget all the bugs it is good

ah yeah, i forgott something, the dreadnoughts, they have these module, not sure how it is called in english but in german it is "durchhaltemodus" it incrases the maximum health, but just the maximum, not the health itself so if you use it it looks like you loose half of your hull instead of getting stronger, you should look over that to may increase the health with the same percent as its maximum..

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.