Dec. 14, 2017, 7:35 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 14, 2017, 7:38 p.m.

duplicate sry.

Posted: //
Dec. 14, 2017, 7:36 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 14, 2017, 7:40 p.m.

Duplicate again. Language filter messed with me, now the previous posts are no longer NSFW. Sry

Dec. 14, 2017, 8:18 p.m.

Flashpoint Torpedo Salvo still only 1200 range, need to update them to 3000. Patch notes said "All Torpedo Salvo ranges have been standardized to 3000m". Saddly I know the response will proably just be adding the word nuclear to the description of them though.

I am not a fan of increase in price and exp for modules to make the ships take less exp and cost nothing to unlock. For exmaple, previously it would have cost exatly 100k credits to unlock the Blud from Dola(because you wouldnt waste credits on bad tier 3 modules because you want those juicy thier 4 modules), now it would cost 137k credits. I recomend you all lower the exp requirements and credit cost of all the modules by 27% to bring them back down to atleast comparable to how they were prior to 1.10 or reduce the required number of modules by 1 per tier than it is now so tier 3 ships would require 3 less modules to progress to tier 4 than currently.

Dont force the modules to unlock in a particular order if you want us to be able to pick and choose; if we wanted to get jump drive for the Dola we still have to unlock module reboot and energy generator before we unlock the module we wanted to begin with.

We do NOT want more grind.

My Vindicta had every module fully researched prior to 1.10 and now it no longer has weapon booster missile researched?

Could you please remove that rediculous "HOT" icon from the market and perhaps not place the market as the landing screen when you get in game.

Dec. 15, 2017, 11:19 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 15, 2017, 11:21 a.m.

Devs,

I have quite a few important points to make about patch 1.10.

Ship tech tree update & unlock changes

This part of the update doesn’t change that much. This way it’s easier and faster to get new ships, but getting certain modules can still be slow. I disagree with no credit costs of ships, logically you need to research ship and then fund its construction. If you would like to give the player more freedom than get rid of tech trees completely which is not a great idea either. I like the old tech tree system because it did force you to invest time to play the ship and learn how to operate it.

Hero ships now earn more free xp

Not a problem for me as long are hero ships uncustomizable. Don’t turn game into pay to play system.

A brighter hangar

I would like hangar not to be so bright, but that is just personal preference. Adding possibility for a player to change brightness of hangar would be a nice touch.

Changes & improvements

AI improvements: In a short period of time of playing new update I didn’t notice any major improvements in AI. I will edit the post if I will notice anything.

Balance

I'm not fan of standardization of all kinds. It reduces complexity of the game and erases unique aspect of certain ship types. Arming system is complete nonsense in general for a number of reasons:

Bomb catapult: There is nothing wrong with the tactic of using BC from beneath of the targeted ship. Its unique tactic developed in the game and it’s up to player to notice AC sneaking up on him. Players also have plenty of time to shied up after the first set of projectiles hit them so damage will be reduced significantly. Gamatech summed up this issue perfectly:

Gamatech#6679 posted (#post-174707) said:

I was always quite proud of sneaking behind enemy lines to make a catapult kill from below in artillery cruisers. It reflected the strategies and nuances of stealth ships in Fractured Space. You hit like a freight train, but you're crippled if anyone so much as sneezes in your general direction after you're visible. It takes forethought and adaptability to get out of it alive, especially with multiple enemies. It brought a new type of skillset to the table, one not focussed on the kill itself but the setup and follow-up.

Also use of BC as defence against vettes is gone. As dedicated AC player I have tested this change extensively already and can tell you that you have effectively killed the use of BC. Not only damage dealt upon impact of nonactivated BC is nearly nonexistent also 3 seconds on battlefield like this is a very long time and use of BC is now only as long ranged module which is a stupid use of this module thanks to the spread of projectiles. Sincerely hope you will remove or significantly decrease the fuse time. It doesn’t make any sense to place it in the game at first place.

Torpedos/salvos/missiles: If you blow yourself up, it’s your fault and you have to learn how to operate certain modules. Don’t add this stupid mechanic just because some players can’t learn how to play. Also looking into how are torpedos/salvos/missiles released and improve their trajectories would be the way to go.

Players could finally learn how to use their shields. That would solve quite a bit of problems.

Another change it autobeams. Its another unnecessary change caused by less experienced players. There are a number of ways of getting rid ‘healing ball’ formation. That some players don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s not supposed to exist in the game.

Next change I'm not fond of is Storm missile's range change. I would understand slight decrease of damage output of storms, but messing with range is not clever. As AC player storms were one of few thing that was a serious danger to me. Now I will kill approaching Vindicta before it gets in rage for use of storms.

I would like to ask you devs to listen more to experienced players not loudest ones in the forums. You have yours Dreadnought partner program for streamers. Use that. Ask them how they feel about the update before running it. I already know about number players, streamers included, that are considering quitting the game. I’m considering the same, but will stick around for a few months to see any additional changes. I hope you unlike many other game developers will listen to your community.

In Norse mythology, a Valkyrie is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live.

Dec. 15, 2017, 1 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 15, 2017, 1:27 p.m.

One thing aside from balance issues:

Please give me old Bix or at least the option to switch it off.

That "I'm a pirrrrrate"-"The Nav Beacon is spinning up" sounds so stupid and forced, I can't stand it.

Dec. 16, 2017, 12:17 a.m.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the new progression system. I like that it encourages us to collect more modules and maybe try out ones that we wouldn't have used otherwise, but if Khezekiah is correct and it actually costs more credits overall to buy T4 ships than it used to, that's not cool. I'm also not really feeling the bright light in the hangar. It looked cool at first, but I soon found that it's so bright and bloomy that I can't see what my ships' paint jobs actually look like. Now I don't want to spend precious GP on a coating because I'm not sure how it will look under normal lighting.

Also, what was wrong with Bix's first voice? The one from the PS4 Open Beta (which was when I started playing). The last version sounded like a dev reading lines, and this one is...better, in that it's got some character, but worse, in that the character is a screaming old man doing a bad pirate voice. The world-weary Australian voice (apologies to any actual Australians if I've got the accent wrong) was subtler and it fit the tone of the game better. I don't know if it's possible to go back to the original Bix, but that one's clearly the best so far.

MORE! MORE! MOLOCH DEMANDS MORE!

Dec. 16, 2017, 12:58 a.m.

Please reduce module cost to 33% of its current rate and put it on the ship cost on T4 and below. I'd rather want to get my full build in the fastest time than having a free ship that needs a lot of grinding to get.

And please let us have some xp refund based on the previous patch tech tree changes. I wanted to unlock T5 ballistic broadside on my monarch so I unlocked the T5 fighter to get down the tech tree however it changed now and my xp was wasted.

I can't seem to notice to speed changes on the flechette but I will play more games to compare so as to the torp changes since I'm not a torp user.

The OB's are more accessible now and is the best thing that comes with the tech tree changes.

Overall the patch is in good direction and only needs some few tweaks.

Thanks devs.

How to Avoid Being Pubstomped by Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/64495/

Using Palos to Counter Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/65419/

Dec. 18, 2017, 3:08 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 18, 2017, 4:23 a.m.

Having tried a bit, the Light Flechettes on Vigo still feel rather lackluster.

Am I just not using them right/just not feeling the difference or have they actually been forgotten by the "ALL flechettes" buff? Can anyone enlighten me?

greybox not updating their ingame descriptions doesn't help with clarity either.

Dec. 18, 2017, 11:23 a.m.

Nerezzar#1672 posted (#post-194135) said:

Having tried a bit, the Light Flechettes on Vigo still feel rather lackluster.

Am I just not using them right/just not feeling the difference or have they actually been forgotten by the "ALL flechettes" buff? Can anyone enlighten me?

greybox not updating their ingame descriptions doesn't help with clarity either.

The Flechette buff did not make it into the game, no clue why.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 18, 2017, 11:56 a.m.

I have been using the Flechettes and I have not noticed anything different in terms of speed and distance.

DPT

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.