I'm a big supporter of "if you have a complaint, then you need to add a solution."
Having said that, here are my biggest griefs with some possible solutions.
1) Queue times are still pretty long, especially for unpopular games modes i.e. team elimination.
-add one more category of game mode listed as quick play or something along those lines. It will throw you into the first match of any kind it can find with an added reward for incentive.
2) Loads and loads of free xp locked behind a paywall. Before I offer my solution, I just wanna add that I have well over 35k free xp locked up in tier 2 ships. I have spent over 100 gold already in the past and now it would cost 180 to get access to it. I would much rather use my gold to earn credits or buy custom parts.
-make credits be the currency exchanged for ship xp. Obviously the rate would have to be increased, but the point is to allow players to use their gold for other things and not have enormous xp locked behind a paywall. I could go on for days why this is a bad practice, but changing this to credits won't hurt overall monetization because it will encourage players to use gold for credits instead, but this still gives players the choice of what to do with their gold- not force them to hand it over for free xp.
The other things I have trouble with are hopefully going to be fixed soon, but I will still add them.
1) Input and load lag in all menus and hangars. SEVERE optimisation needed, this should be priority one imo.
2) PS4 needs 8v8 matches, without it the game is incomplete in its vision and is dead in the water. This is also important because without it you can't have my final request
3) cross platform integration: now before people start saying this is a pipe dream or that it can't happen we all have rocket league to look at for an example on how this can not only work, but make a game massively successful. I know it would be a long term projection, but if both platforms are even in regards to match size and and players then why not merge them. It would increase overall player count and bring us closer to esports.
I really do enjoy the gameplay; it's just hampered by the surrounding issues. Hope mine along with all the extra voices are heard and we can work together to make this great game amazing.
Long Live Dreadnought!