FORUMS

Don't have too many Queue buckets

Posted: //
Oct. 18, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

I encourage you to not have too many different modes you can Queue up for, as that will spread your user base over too many separate game types and make the Queue times slow for everyone. Blizzard has always been successful with fast queue time because they refuse to go beyond 2 queue choices for most games.

Another option is to have a FAST QUEUE choice, which will place a player into any game of any type that they are qualified to enter. This would help fill in spots in certain game modes that maybe waiting.

Oct. 19, 2016, 12:41 a.m.

This is very important topic that needs to be addressed. With low populations in games is splits the audience that can test specific aspects of balancing. And it brings in other balancing issues as different game modes will have different metas. While i agree i would love more game modes. It is a great idea, Beta should be strictly for testing core mechanics, data collection, balance, and experimenting.

And i agree with Fast Queue, that is a MUST if you want to implement more than one game mode with the current population. I'm a late night gamer and i am quite tired of the 30+ min queues =[

Professional players make a living. Semi-pro's get paid enough to try again.

Oct. 19, 2016, 6:50 p.m.

Would be awesome if they could let us mess around in the Training mission versus the A.I. or even just open space versus A.I.

Minimizing waiting on the queue is really important. Even when launched there could be low user based time zones that may have Queue issues.

Oct. 21, 2016, 5:27 a.m.

Personally I would do queues in something like:

Training mode
Team DM
Team Elim
Ranked Mode (Mixed DM/Elim, Friendly Fire and terrian damage on)

I'd also avoid too many queues with the exception of a test queue for like new modes or maps or holiday themed things.

Oct. 21, 2016, 11:45 a.m.

A new mode is on the way,named Onslaught,probably will hit us after the 2.0.But till then we will have way more players to play with,so dont worry.

"The First Of His Name"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.