FORUMS

What about Bounties? (and other stuff)

Posted: //
Oct. 12, 2015, 5:29 p.m.

So, with a a couple of friends we were talking about Dreadnought, and how it will be awesome. And than, an idea: what about a bounty system? What if you can put a bounty on a player? Or even a squad?

Yeah cool, but to be killed is quite easy in this game. So, what would be more important than death?

I think, the Rank.
For a lot of players, the rank will be the only real objective in the game (as in others). So, what if I can hire some "dudes" to down-rank one of my competitors?

But how can I pay them? Credits, of course. But there are also cosmetic items, and maybe there will be particular items or abilities in the game that I can give them. And, if I remember correctly, the ship's crews can level up: wouldn't be that a useful payment?

So, what do you think about this idea?

Oct. 13, 2015, 7:49 p.m.

I can see some opportunities here. In some of Homefront's multiplayer modes, there was a system that upgraded your status based on how well you were doing. For example, get enough kills, and the enemy would be alerted to your area of operations and be awarded if they brought you down. However, this is all built around the idea that you can gain currency within each battle for use towards perks and advantages that disappear once the battle is over. So far, I don't think I've seen anything in Dreadnought that works that way, either in the form of currency or killstreak abilities.

Perhaps as a disincentive against preying on new players, you could gain bonus experience based on the level of the target you defeat.

Oct. 14, 2015, 5:01 a.m.

Scathelock#9874 posted (#post-8128)

I can see some opportunities here. In some of Homefront's multiplayer modes, there was a system that upgraded your status based on how well you were doing. For example, get enough kills, and the enemy would be alerted to your area of operations and be awarded if they brought you down. However, this is all built around the idea that you can gain currency within each battle for use towards perks and advantages that disappear once the battle is over. So far, I don't think I've seen anything in Dreadnought that works that way, either in the form of currency or killstreak abilities.

Perhaps as a disincentive against preying on new players, you could gain bonus experience based on the level of the target you defeat.

You are right: the part about use credits, cosmetics, abilities or crew is an assumption of mine. But I think that, as many other free to play games, there will be some kind of reward (currency) for the gamers based on the win/lose of the game, points made in the game or both. With this currency we should be able to buy many (if not all) of the items in the shop. Items that will be able to purchase also with money.

But than, will be player able to give currency/item/etc to other players? I hope devs will reply us =)

Oct. 14, 2015, 8:44 a.m.

We are not sure how Crews will work, however I think the new Metal Gear Solid 5 TTP does a pretty good job at managing and using crews. (I don't think I have to go into more detail here smile ).

So as a payment one could not only set out Credits or Cosmetics, but also Crewmembers, for example.
(Or also certain Crew-members that excel at weapons-stuff or repairing, or etc. etc.)

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

Oct. 14, 2015, 4:20 p.m.

I would like a bounty system. It would encourage people to play slightly different, which results in more variance in how the game is done, which can lead to more interesting games. Perhaps also add something for surviving if you/your squad have a bounty?

"Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die"

Oct. 14, 2015, 4:58 p.m.

Teljkon#7152 posted (#post-8139)

I would like a bounty system. It would encourage people to play slightly different, which results in more variance in how the game is done, which can lead to more interesting games. Perhaps also add something for surviving if you/your squad have a bounty?

Interesting idea. I didn't thought about that. And, it would be fun =)

Oct. 15, 2015, 6:30 p.m.

Then how will you prevent groups of people harassing someone? let's say someone in a guild keeps getting killed by a skilled player. He gets mad and asks everyone in the guild to place a bounty on him. And this just because he was better than your teammate

Oct. 16, 2015, 12:22 p.m.

One bounty active at a time? One bounty limit per 24 hours? Option to have unlimited bounties placed on you? Easy fixes are possible for that

"Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die"

Oct. 16, 2015, 7 p.m.

FamousRaptor#5434 posted (#post-8157)

Then how will you prevent groups of people harassing someone? let's say someone in a guild keeps getting killed by a skilled player. He gets mad and asks everyone in the guild to place a bounty on him. And this just because he was better than your teammate

Well, if all goes well, there will be a lot of players in this games, and I think it would be difficult for someone to fight against the same team/player two or more times in a row.

And, unfortunately, we know as fact that people could put a bounty on someone for "lower" reasons than "He killed me a lot of time!". Still, I think it could be a nice tool to keep busy the high rank players (those guys get bored sooo fast... smile )

Oct. 17, 2015, 11:40 a.m.

We could also make it optional. If you want a bounty, then it should also mean that someone can place a bounty on you.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.