FORUMS

Tac Cruisers Need A Nerf

Posted: //
Dec. 19, 2017, 7:20 p.m.

I had a discussion with Jawane on discord. We were talking about tac cruisers being overpowered. My original message was, "how can a tac cruiser, without any support, survive 3 strikes of interceptors, over 4 full clips of repeater guns and fire support?" We then talked about the ways of killing a tac cruiser, and then I brough up, "what if theres more than one? they can just sit there healing eachother and go deathless." What im saying is, is that tac cruisers shouldnt be able to just heal someone, or themselves, to full health with just themselves. My impression of a tac cruiser is the repair shop for when you get out of combat alive, then youll be ready to attack again, not sitting under fire for minutes at a time without taking more than half full health damage. Please consider this in the next update because tactical cruisers are easily the most cancerous thing in this game if theres any. Thanks for your time.

Dec. 19, 2017, 8:31 p.m.

Tacts don't need a nerf for god sake!!!! What needs to be changed is the OB Adrenaline shot supplying them with infinite energy.

Thanks to Adrenaline shot I can easily survive multiple nuke salvo (before 1.10 as well) and 2-3 arties howling at me at the same time.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Dec. 22, 2017, 7:44 p.m.

Yes, while playing my Hero ship in Tier 2, I realized I kinda enjoy recruit battles more than veteran because there is no officer briefing silliness. Pretty much all of the briefings need to be toned down a bit.

Dec. 23, 2017, 2:31 a.m.

Tac's are fine. Adrenalin shot is not

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Dec. 23, 2017, 7:34 a.m.

Biggest issue for me is their HP pool. Reasons: I can one-shot most artys with my T4 Onager (JA) but I can't one-shot tac cruisers while they are higher priority targets than artys. Plus they are most of the times hiding behind walls whiles artys have to expose themselves (if they stay at max range, they get killed by corvettes because they are alone). Tac cruisers have to be in the middle of their team so it's harder to kill them with a corvette, and impossible if there is more than one healer, because they just heal each other. So I don't see why they have way more HPs than artys (+5000 or 10000 for the Oberon line). As AnalProbe (great nickname lol) said they shouldn't be able to survive in fights that long, briefing or not.

TL;DR: nerf their HP pool / movement speed / adrenaline shot so we can actually kill them.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Dec. 23, 2017, 7:56 a.m.

There heal pool is fine. They are supposed to be the hard counter to corvettes when not geared as full healers.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Dec. 23, 2017, 3:07 p.m.

Always thought than a tac cruiser could simply out dps enemy fire was wrong. Considering dealing dmg is harder than healing...a ship taking fire from the entire enemy team and surviving standing still is a game-fun-breaking. I dont like stalled games (why i prefer tdm instead of survival), and this happens a lot, specially in T5. The difference in a team without healer vs another with is huge just because of a ship. I agree with whats been sayed above.

Dec. 24, 2017, 4:53 a.m.

Papitas#8312 posted (#post-202338) said:

Always thought than a tac cruiser could simply out dps enemy fire was wrong. Considering dealing dmg is harder than healing...a ship taking fire from the entire enemy team and surviving standing still is a game-fun-breaking. I dont like stalled games (why i prefer tdm instead of survival), and this happens a lot, specially in T5. The difference in a team without healer vs another with is huge just because of a ship. I agree with whats been sayed above.

If the entire team can't take down 1 ship, that's a problem with the team. Not tacs.

Dec. 24, 2017, 9:06 a.m.

Each ship class should have clear weaknesses. What's the weakness of tacs ? Plasma rams ? While artys are countered by an entire class, tac cruisers are vulnerables only to a few modules (rams, drain torpedos, what else ?). You can't even capitalize on their positionning mistakes since they are so tough with 25000 HP for T4s + energy generator/autorepair and adrenaline shot.

A tac cruiser spending 3/4 of its time hiding behind a wall and constantly surrounded by allies should be easier to kill than an artillery cruiser which have to stay at the back of the fleet and expose itself to corvettes in order to be useful (else what's the point of having a range of 7km?).

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Dec. 24, 2017, 9:45 a.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-202627) said:

Each ship class should have clear weaknesses. What's the weakness of tacs ? Plasma rams ? While artys are countered by an entire class, tac cruisers are vulnerables only to a few modules (rams, drain torpedos, what else ?). You can't even capitalize on their positionning mistakes since they are so tough with 25000 HP for T4s + energy generator/autorepair and adrenaline shot.

A tac cruiser spending 3/4 of its time hiding behind a wall and constantly surrounded by allies should be easier to kill than an artillery cruiser which have to stay at the back of the fleet and expose itself to corvettes in order to be useful (else what's the point of having a range of 7km?).

Seem like you haven't met good arty. A single shot from arty can deal 8-12k damage with energy to weapon, with rapid fire it can shoot 6 consecutive shots in 6 seconds. Arty can basically melts everything from 7k range away and there's nothing you can do.

Tacts are vulnerable to a bunch of things because their movement speed is low (and they have no fire power so they have to hide, obviously). The easiest is tartarus that drain and disable everything, you can kill the helpless tacts after that.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.