FORUMS

Tac Cruisers Need A Nerf

Posted: //
Dec. 24, 2017, 12:38 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 24, 2017, 12:39 p.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-202629) said:

Seem like you haven't met good arty. A single shot from arty can deal 8-12k damage with energy to weapon, with rapid fire it can shoot 6 consecutive shots in 6 seconds. Arty can basically melts everything from 7k range away and there's nothing you can do.

Tacts are vulnerable to a bunch of things because their movement speed is low (and they have no fire power so they have to hide, obviously). The easiest is tartarus that drain and disable everything, you can kill the helpless tacts after that.

Seem like you haven't met good tac cruiser. A single left click from tac cruiser can heal 3600 hp per sec with energy to weapon, with energy generators it can shield itself for 10s. Tac cruisers can basically heal everything from behind a wall and there's nothing you can do.

I'd like to point out that Aion's movespeed is 48 and has enough firepower to kill a corvette...Koschei just trades damage and movespeed for more healing. Even with everything disabled how do you kill them ? Shoot through walls ? My point is that tacs' gameplay is all about refusing combat and preventing their allies from dying because of their mistakes, which is very frustrating for the opposing team. In combat games, you get better by dying and understanding why you died.

Solution: just make every tac cruiser like the JA one, no healing, buff pulses, energy missiles, drain drones, etc...and more damage so they really belong in a combat game. More fun for everyone, even tac players (how is sitting behind a wall and left-clicking supposed to be funny).

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Dec. 24, 2017, 12:50 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 24, 2017, 12:52 p.m.

I'm going to say this once again: If two Tier Four "Tactical" Cruisers can out-tank and out-dps two coordinating Monarchs when the engagement's literally less than 2km, you know they need a nerf (Four Repair Pods overlapping, Autobeams pointed at each other, Beam amplifiers at each other, and Auto repairs make for a cancer heal-ball)

Dec. 24, 2017, 1:56 p.m.

They can only do it because of battle orders, and nuke salvo nerf

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Dec. 24, 2017, 2:08 p.m.

NotMary#6632 posted (#post-202638) said:

I'm going to say this once again: If two Tier Four "Tactical" Cruisers can out-tank and out-dps two coordinating Monarchs when the engagement's literally less than 2km, you know they need a nerf (Four Repair Pods overlapping, Autobeams pointed at each other, Beam amplifiers at each other, and Auto repairs make for a cancer heal-ball)

Thats the problem i see: not sure why (according to whats been sayed its due to adrenaline shot) healing is stronger than dealing dmg. In usual games a tank holds longer than a healer under heavy fire. Healers instead last longer from lighter fire sustained over longer periods. So healing should be only effective (as stated before) under light fire or when taking cover recovering before returning to battle, not in middle of the fight, receiving heavy fire. It doesnt seem fine to deal 80-90% dmg to a ship from alpha strikes and see it heal back to 100% in less than 3 secs while it still gets shot by multiple ships. This game is more of sit and fire/get fired than flank or take cover from time to time.

Dec. 24, 2017, 2:21 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 24, 2017, 2:24 p.m.

I had some battles where even at point blank my KOshei couldn't heal Jutland , he melted so fast , but enemy had 3 t4 artys in division and they melted that Jutland in seconds .

But it is true, there are some issues with survivability .

For example i can use my Koshei as bait for enemy team , being constantly visible , full energy , and self healing using bubbles , repair drone , energy from adrenaline shoot and energy generator . Of course as long as they don't try to shoot me seriously .

But imho it is ot issue of modules, hp pool . Yes adrenaline shoot is a little to OP , if you heal only one ship from minor damage energy generation is low , but when you are sorounded by your own bubbles and enemy is shooting multiple ships energy generation go up too high .

Main issue is lack of usable drains in game , and even if they are there they are quite far away behind Xp wall or are very risky to use like purge ram . Drain torps have low range and are easy to dodge , drain pulse is very very risky to use . Not many people use purge beam . There is currently only one good anti-tac and anti-turtle tool which is Tartarus missile . But not many people use it because "it does not deal damage" and rest of your team can't use the fact that half of enemy team is drained, immobilised and without any modules for 10 seconds.

Any type of drain effect should block any type of energy generation in first place , worst thing to see is draining enemy koshei to see that his energy is going back even with drain effect on him

Dec. 24, 2017, 3:34 p.m.

(how is sitting behind a wall and left-clicking supposed to be funny).

Becouse i get to come on the forums and read these posts XD .

Dec. 24, 2017, 4:43 p.m.

KaraMon#0559 posted (#post-202645) said:

I had some battles where even at point blank my KOshei couldn't heal Jutland , he melted so fast , but enemy had 3 t4 artys in division and they melted that Jutland in seconds .

But it is true, there are some issues with survivability .

For example i can use my Koshei as bait for enemy team , being constantly visible , full energy , and self healing using bubbles , repair drone , energy from adrenaline shoot and energy generator . Of course as long as they don't try to shoot me seriously .

But imho it is ot issue of modules, hp pool . Yes adrenaline shoot is a little to OP , if you heal only one ship from minor damage energy generation is low , but when you are sorounded by your own bubbles and enemy is shooting multiple ships energy generation go up too high .

Main issue is lack of usable drains in game , and even if they are there they are quite far away behind Xp wall or are very risky to use like purge ram . Drain torps have low range and are easy to dodge , drain pulse is very very risky to use . Not many people use purge beam . There is currently only one good anti-tac and anti-turtle tool which is Tartarus missile . But not many people use it because "it does not deal damage" and rest of your team can't use the fact that half of enemy team is drained, immobilised and without any modules for 10 seconds.

Any type of drain effect should block any type of energy generation in first place , worst thing to see is draining enemy koshei to see that his energy is going back even with drain effect on him

Not just that, most drains have to be used at close to point blank range, like drain torpido/pulse, while drain missiles are so easy to dodge, and get over ridden by adrenalin shot.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Dec. 24, 2017, 4:46 p.m.

lethal61#8149 posted (#post-202649) said:

(how is sitting behind a wall and left-clicking supposed to be funny).

Becouse i get to come on the forums and read these posts XD .

Haha too bad that this thread wasn't made for your personal entertainment but to provide feedback to the devs. So unless you have actual feedback, please refrain from posting useless comments, thank you.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Dec. 24, 2017, 5:39 p.m.

We need more usable debuff options . Maybe change some modules like stasis ammo on destroyers , no one use it . Change it into drain ammo, that does not reduce your dps , does not drain energy of atacked ship fast but completely block any type of energy regeneration for 10 seconds .

This is just example but most of debuff modules are bad , easy to dodge and not very reliable . Builds that not focus on damage or defence are nearly extinct

Dec. 24, 2017, 5:54 p.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-202637) said:

Seem like you haven't met good tac cruiser. A single left click from tac cruiser can heal 3600 hp per sec with energy to weapon, with energy generators it can shield itself for 10s. Tac cruisers can basically heal everything from behind a wall and there's nothing you can do.

I'd like to point out that Aion's movespeed is 48 and has enough firepower to kill a corvette...Koschei just trades damage and movespeed for more healing. Even with everything disabled how do you kill them ? Shoot through walls ? My point is that tacs' gameplay is all about refusing combat and preventing their allies from dying because of their mistakes, which is very frustrating for the opposing team. In combat games, you get better by dying and understanding why you died.

Solution: just make every tac cruiser like the JA one, no healing, buff pulses, energy missiles, drain drones, etc...and more damage so they really belong in a combat game. More fun for everyone, even tac players (how is sitting behind a wall and left-clicking supposed to be funny).

Tacts can only heal so much, the thing is tacts rely on team to have a brain to actually do something. Trust me, I'm a tact that can eat 2 missiles salvo and 2 arties howling at me and still live, but I cannot do anything if my team doesn't even look around.

There is only the OB Adrenaline shot proves a problem because it gives a lot of energy, all other things are pretty average.

If you want to kill tacts you need at least 2 people, 1 disable and 1 nuke. Just like tacts need at least 2 people to heal. What you are asking is how to kill someone 1v2, it's not gonna happen

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.