Couple of things I want to share on why healing tacts are more popular than actual "tactical" tact, despite the fact that tacts do have tactical modules (such as cloak pulse, cool down pulse, drones or pods)
- Support pulses give you ZERO score. That's right, 0 score
- Drones give you ZERO score, yep
- Purge beam, strongest module in the game, give you next to 0 score as well, sometimes it gives you an assist.
- Offensive modules are super short range: tesla pod 1400, tesla turret 800, mine 680, blast pulse 900. Why get close to < 1000 range when you can heal from 5000 away?
- Tacts are relatively slow (except certain Aion build), and don't have enough HP to duke it out at close range
Given those, going healing is a logical choice, not dumb choice. Until offensive modules on tacts are buffed, not matter how much you nerf healing, playing healing tacts is better.
They could just update the scoring system you know...
" don't have enough HP" => lol, see first post.
"Why get close to < 1000 range when you can heal from 5000 away?" => to fight rather than hiding behind a wall/teammate and pressing left-click ?
But I agree, playing heal tacs is logical, given how strong (and dumb) it is. That's why I'm suggesting to remove healing and turn tacs into support ships rather than healing bots.