FORUMS

Hero Ships against my Recruit Fleet???

Posted: //
Dec. 25, 2017, 1:25 p.m.

I'ml rolling around in little tier 2 ships, then get cut down and I see the weapon is a VIII ballistic cannon? WTF??

How are people able to bring these into recruit matches?

Dec. 25, 2017, 2:10 p.m.

The PS4 does not separate the fleets, your recruit fleet got put into a veteran match. Either wait for the next patch, or add some T1s to your recruit fleet to reduce your fleet-rating and hopefully keep you in real recruit fights.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 26, 2017, 4:56 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 26, 2017, 4:58 p.m.

you dident happend to place your tier 2 ships in the veteran fleet? recruit fleet is t1-2, veteran is t3-4.

if you placed your tier 2 in the veteran fleet and lancuhed the battle with the veteran fleet, you would be qued up with other veteran fleets and they moust likey have tier 4s in theirs.

Dec. 26, 2017, 8:12 p.m.

hero ships actually have the wrong information on them they don't have tier VIII weaponry etc as that tier doesn't atualy exist, who knows why they put the info in like that, but the reality is if its a tier 4 hero ship the weaponry is no more than tier 4 if it's a tier 2 hero ship it has tier 2 weaponry etc , also hero ships aren't all they are cracked up to be due to lack of customization they tend to be alot weaker than a standard ship, they give you a credit and exp bonus, however if you fully research tech on a normal ship it will become elite and give you the same bonus, bit pointless really at this stage, the bonus is barely noticeable, if you are tier 2 i recommend staying in recruit mode, wait until you get a few tier 3's before taking on vet, in saying that its not impossible to win with tier 2 in vet, just alot harder,if you insist on vet in tier 2 your best chance is to use a tactical cruiser and take cover near your team mates, use them as shields but beware of warping ships, corvettes and nukes, higher tier ships will always view you as free kills i'm afraid, this isn't going to change until we get more population into the game to balance the game out, but please try to persevere the game improves vastly at tier 3 and even more so at tier 4, makes the grind worthwhile.

Dec. 27, 2017, 9:27 a.m.

in saying that its not impossible to win with tier 2 in vet, just alot harder

A T2 can be carried to victory by a team of T4's/3's, but they won't be doing much to help that victory.

Unfortunatly the PS4 still has the "feature" of allowing T2's into Veteran matches. To avoid this, leave one T1 ship in the Recruit Fleet and you will never be pulled into a Vet match. And for the love of god don't put T2's (and use them) in your Vet fleet.

Dec. 27, 2017, 1:43 p.m.

I haven't even unlocked Veteran Fleet yet, and I've only purchased two tier 2 ships, saving every pennny for a tier 3. So my recruit fleet has a tier 2 destroyer and a tier 2 dreadnought, everything else is tier 1...and half the time I'm up against Tier IV, including these hero sniper ships that kill me before I can even put up my shield!

Dec. 27, 2017, 7:44 p.m.

If you mean the VII that appears in the top left of the box, its wrong. Check the symbol under the image next to the weapon's name. That is its actual level. I thought the same thing until I saw that. Just a visual bug

Closed