FORUMS


Feedback from a Gamer---->Too Grindy plus medical and legal ramifications on the horizon



Posted: //
Jan. 1, 2018, 2:28 p.m.



You must forgive Brother Belial. If the Devs would kill 20 children at kindergarten he would argue, but they havn't killed 21. As long someone is somewhere still a little bit worse, everything is fine. It doens't matter that 95% of the Games out there are better, there are 5% which are worse.


Posted: //
Jan. 1, 2018, 2:34 p.m.



Stevalkes#1871 posted (#post-204429) said:

You must forgive Brother Belial. If the Devs would kill 20 children at kindergarten he would argue, but they havn't killed 21. As long someone is somewhere still a little bit worse, everything is fine. It doens't matter that 95% of the Games out there are better, there are 5% which are worse.

Lol what? I guess you have not read the link. What WHO are talking about Apple's to any game. Not Just to ones with a grind. So how about facts before bad mouthing someone Yeah?


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
Jan. 1, 2018, 3:07 p.m.



It's the precedent being set, not the platform or system or OS.

Things are going to probably change in the industry. Again, I'd like to see Greybox talk to their legal department and get ahead of the curve.


description "The Tiger and the Lion May be Stronger, but The Wolf doesn't perform in The Circus."


Posted: //
Jan. 1, 2018, 6:39 p.m.



Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-204432) said:

Lol what? I guess you have not read the link. What WHO are talking about Apple's to any game. Not Just to ones with a grind. So how about facts before bad mouthing someone Yeah?

I didn't meant the WHO article. I meant your comments in general. But if you want an example from this Thread, ok.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-203748) said:

As for the grind comment. Go play a Korean MMO, or one of the many MMo's on Stream, then you'll know what Grind is.

The Module prices are on the high side yes, but if you buy eliet they are quite easy to get. After all elite is where the Dev's make there steady income. Don't confuse a free to play game to a free game. You are not supposed to get everything with in 2-3 months of playing. Ive been playing since May, and I don't play a lot. I am missing 2 T4's and I have 2 T5's. Ive bought the total of 2 weeks of Elite in this time.

The Dev's need to make money to keep the lights on. 75%-90% of a free to plays games income, comes from 10% of the player base. Bottom line is, in any free to play game, if you want to be playing at the top end, you need to be in that top 10% of players spending money, or spend to progress quickly so when you get to the top progression is not too bad.

Only because the grind in asian MMO's is harder, doesn't make the grind in this game good. Both can be bad. And pay money to have a significant advantage in a game is ALWAYS bad. No matter if it's free to play or a full-price AAA game.


Posted: //
Jan. 2, 2018, 11:42 a.m.



Stevalkes#1871 posted (#post-204444) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-204432) said:

Lol what? I guess you have not read the link. What WHO are talking about Apple's to any game. Not Just to ones with a grind. So how about facts before bad mouthing someone Yeah?

I didn't meant the WHO article. I meant your comments in general. But if you want an example from this Thread, ok.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-203748) said:

As for the grind comment. Go play a Korean MMO, or one of the many MMo's on Stream, then you'll know what Grind is.

The Module prices are on the high side yes, but if you buy eliet they are quite easy to get. After all elite is where the Dev's make there steady income. Don't confuse a free to play game to a free game. You are not supposed to get everything with in 2-3 months of playing. Ive been playing since May, and I don't play a lot. I am missing 2 T4's and I have 2 T5's. Ive bought the total of 2 weeks of Elite in this time.

The Dev's need to make money to keep the lights on. 75%-90% of a free to plays games income, comes from 10% of the player base. Bottom line is, in any free to play game, if you want to be playing at the top end, you need to be in that top 10% of players spending money, or spend to progress quickly so when you get to the top progression is not too bad.

Only because the grind in asian MMO's is harder, doesn't make the grind in this game good. Both can be bad. And pay money to have a significant advantage in a game is ALWAYS bad. No matter if it's free to play or a full-price AAA game.

Then, you should not be playing free to play games, as this will always be the case. The devs need to make money. I don't agree with how elite works personally I feel it should count down when you'er logged In, not in real time.

Bottom line is, your post makes is sound like you want the game to play like a game you buy to play, so you don't have to spend. I could be wrong, but that's how you come across.

The Devs need the money to keep the game going. Like it or not. I'm not a fan of the grind, but I understand why it is like it is.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
Jan. 2, 2018, 12:36 p.m.



Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-204503) said:

Then, you should not be playing free to play games, as this will always be the case. The devs need to make money. I don't agree with how elite works personally I feel it should count down when you'er logged In, not in real time.

Bottom line is, your post makes is sound like you want the game to play like a game you buy to play, so you don't have to spend. I could be wrong, but that's how you come across.

The Devs need the money to keep the game going. Like it or not. I'm not a fan of the grind, but I understand why it is like it is.

A good F2P game has a balance and progress system, which you can pay for skins and maybe minor advantages like, pay 5 Dollars to make 10% more damage or play 10 hours to get enough credits. If you spend money by choice and not because you lose all the time. THAT is how good F2P games are working. And i would be long gone if this would be just a worthless game like World of Tanks or something like that. But THIS game is unique in the worst possible way, by lying Devs, not working servers, even the paying parts were not working.

Let's reduce the grind, the ships price is 65.000 credits. Let's reduce it. Now you have to buy 12 modules which are costing together 120.000 credits. The players don't like it. I WONDER WHY.


Posted: //
Jan. 2, 2018, 4:48 p.m.



Stevalkes#1871 posted (#post-204507) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-204503) said:

Then, you should not be playing free to play games, as this will always be the case. The devs need to make money. I don't agree with how elite works personally I feel it should count down when you'er logged In, not in real time.

Bottom line is, your post makes is sound like you want the game to play like a game you buy to play, so you don't have to spend. I could be wrong, but that's how you come across.

The Devs need the money to keep the game going. Like it or not. I'm not a fan of the grind, but I understand why it is like it is.

A good F2P game has a balance and progress system, which you can pay for skins and maybe minor advantages like, pay 5 Dollars to make 10% more damage or play 10 hours to get enough credits. If you spend money by choice and not because you lose all the time. THAT is how good F2P games are working. And i would be long gone if this would be just a worthless game like World of Tanks or something like that. But THIS game is unique in the worst possible way, by lying Devs, not working servers, even the paying parts were not working.

Let's reduce the grind, the ships price is 65.000 credits. Let's reduce it. Now you have to buy 12 modules which are costing together 120.000 credits. The players don't like it. I WONDER WHY.

Someone did the match, I'll have a look and see if I can find the link. They said the grind from T1-T4 is less than it was. The current grind dose not feel good, I agree, but your suggestions are pay to win. 10% damage boost is massive. The game was supposed to work of cosmetics only, or so I've read. But for what ever reason that changed.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
Jan. 3, 2018, 12:53 p.m.


Updated //
Jan. 3, 2018, 1:03 p.m.

OP. . . Fancy degrees don't make you as smart as they do pompous.

You think posting a thread like this in a tiny little game forum is going to make a any difference?

You think the devs are going to read this thread and be like, "Well shoot son! You're absolutely right! Thank you for saving our game from certain demise! We'll make our game "less grindy" for the betterment of the gaming industry, and the world at large! We will herald a new movment in humanity and for gamers everywhere! HUZAAAAAH!"

Good luck with that bro!

Other than an article from Digital Trends magazine, you're arguments have no references to substantiate them.

Sounds to me like you're just bummed about the grind, and one day found an article that may give you a percieved leg to stand on. But, that leg is made of wet newspaper.

I'm not saying your wrong in your assessment of gaming addiction, and the reasoning behind it. I will also add that I do not appreciate the direction games are going -- even the F2P games... which is actually the new world model for gaming. Dev companies stand to make cash hand over fist with an F2P model rather than the old way. So, as long as that is driving the profit margin up - it will never change.

If you really are that altruistic and not just whining about the grind then perhaps you should be pandering this discussion in places that might inspire a bigger audience, or even the developers themselves. Posting this argument here is futile at best.


description

Gamers unite!

Join our community on Discord - https://discord.gg/uUWsxXG


Posted: //
Jan. 3, 2018, 1:05 p.m.



You can get to level 3 ships very fast. After that the advancement slows down, but that's a good thing. People that reach end game content too fast, generally quit the game. The idea is to just have fun playing the ships you like, the progression with come.


Posted: //
Jan. 4, 2018, 3:38 p.m.



It IS "grindy" and the CREDIT CRUNCH is horrendous. I have no idea what a "quid" is... But here in the USA, the GP to CREDIT swap is way too expensive. FREE THE CAPTAINS - Make Dreadnought MORE FUN and LESS GRIND. Carry On, Gunny

Ps.. The "cooldown timer" is ridiculous! - GARBAGE CAN IT ASAP.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.