FORUMS

PATCH 1.3.1: THE SHIPYARD UPDATE - Megathread

Posted: //
Oct. 31, 2016, noon

Good Day, Captains!

Patch 1.3.1 a.k.a. The Shipyard Update a.k.a. Progression 2.0 is out!
If you have not yet had the chance to check out the Patch Notes, here they are: Link

Let us know what you think and happy hunting!

Senior Community Manager, Europe "Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

Oct. 31, 2016, 12:44 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 31, 2016, 12:44 p.m.

My patch is still downloading. The initial impression I have after reading the notes is... well - 30 new ships sounds like 5 classes x (5 tiers +1 hero ship), which visually look quite similiar but with more stuff on it per tier. So... I wonder if there will be any ship that is actually new. Having said that - I generally dislike the idea of 1 ship being by default better than the other - just because someone has put more grind in the game. This imo should be skill dependant in regard to ship config selection.

As for matchmaking - I do hope that what is written in the patch notes will work out just as well as it is intended. I fear I will just be meeting the same people over and over again as it was recently + a couple of guys who came back from retirement after hearing about the new patch. My concern is - what has been done to increase the player database?

Despite my somewhat skeptic approach - I will happily give it all a try. A big thumbs up for all the hard work put into this patch. I hope for the best! Cheers!

Sev

Oct. 31, 2016, 12:56 p.m.

Welcome to World of Dreadnought Everyone!
-tier system everyone hates CHECK!
-Grindy xp system everyone hates CHECK!
-xp + cash converter to get other xp CHECK CHECK CHECK!

And here I am really regretting that i hadn't watched this game for another month but instead had the faith to buy a founders pack. If we wanted to play World of Dreadnought, we'd be playing the ones with tanks and warships. thank you and good day.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Oct. 31, 2016, 1:09 p.m.

Ditch the maintenance system, that's all the feedback I have to say here (the rest I will report in the bug section).

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Oct. 31, 2016, 1:23 p.m.

Did I get this right - you start with only a Destroyer, a Tac, and an Arty? How are we supposed to get rid of artillery without a trader corvette in a tier 1 only battle?

Will Bay One flame trench ever be cleared?

Oct. 31, 2016, 1:59 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 31, 2016, 2:42 p.m.

hari_seldon#4920 posted (#post-50968)

Did I get this right - you start with only a Destroyer, a Tac, and an Arty? How are we supposed to get rid of artillery without a trader corvette in a tier 1 only battle?

Yeah.... I thought I might not have gotten this right either....

Oct. 31, 2016, 2:08 p.m.

Sevnir#5233 posted (#post-50969)

hari_seldon#4920 posted (#post-50968)

Yeah.... I thought I might not have gotten this right as well...

so far in the few battles i've fought it seems we have 2 methods
-out snipe the enemy team
-out flank the enemy team at the right moments and roll over them (best with lots of heals, a few destroyers, and a few supporting snipers, works even better if the healers are very proactive boosting around to land heals where they're needed)

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Oct. 31, 2016, 2:43 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 31, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

I. Numbers:
-Happy to see that module parameters like dmg has been replaced with a particular number instead of a bar.
-Why the do we stick with bars as far as ship speed / health is concerned? Inconsistant, impractical.
-I would strongly recommend providing projectile speed parameter to weapons. With all this grind I would be very unhappy to invest in a weapon that turns out to be either overall useless (like a multitude of weapons in previous version of the game) or just something that works way differently than expected. Either way resulting in disappointment.

II. Research Tab / Module map:
- Being able to see the ship you don't own in a hangar (as was), be able to click on any of the modules and see what modules are available/still locked was far more user friendly than the current module map / research tree.
- Perhaps the mentioned above feature from previous version is still available for ships you own - if so, I wouls strongly recommend enabling it for ships you don't (as was).
- It is super hard to distinguish between primary/secondary/perimeter/internal modules on the research tab, the small symbol is way not enough. User unfriendly.

III. The initial "feel":
Progression system does not feel fun. My favorite part of the game was being able to customize the ships like I wanted and see what works with what. Now I am forced into predesigned frames of ships with little to no customizability - which takes away the control that I liked the most and which got me engaged.

One can argue that - while progressing in the game, one will eventually get to tier V where ships have the biggest degree of customizability.

I believe many will not get engaged enough from the start to grind their way through to the "fun" part. If it's not fun from the start, I would not count on people "paying" to get there.

Oct. 31, 2016, 3:19 p.m.

All I can say is wow, I am disappointed. I don't even have all of my GB points back in my profile and went to go buy something and nothing works. Oh, and my friends list is still screwed up with this patch. Just looking at the game changes made and reset has made this a "I'll put it on the shelf for now" game. Wake me up when they sort out the bugs and release a tangible product.

Oct. 31, 2016, 3:53 p.m.

First impressions: I have yet to play a tier based combat game that I liked. IMO specialization and tactics trumps ships that are simply better because of a higher tier. I hate the maintenance system. We don't need more steps between us and our next match. I will give this a fighting chance to change my mind, but these changes have seriously worried me.

I was in love with this game, but I think that it has changed to the point I can no longer recognize it any more. It may no longer the game that I fell in love with just a few months ago.

I desperately hope to be proven wrong.

--
Nate

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.