FORUMS

Wait time for fleet maintenance? ITS TIME TO STOP

Posted: //
May 2, 2017, 9:18 a.m.

Updated //
May 2, 2017, 9:19 a.m.

+1 OP! Pointless cost feature, especially when I pay it, then it recharges me again and again, when I'm not able to actually enter the game. It's not real life, these ships don't need a repair cost, seems like our government and the stupid people of our nation are yet again are messing with the "economy".

May 2, 2017, 4:36 p.m.

Some time ago I was interested in another low-profile, class-based game (Primal Carnage, for those interested), and although it failed miserably due to imbalance, I enjoyed it. I even spent some money on cosmetics for the character (some 2$ per 2 skins upon release, 4$ after). It didn't have a broken tier-system or maintenance fees, it only cost 20$ to buy. I could easily see Dreadnought follow a similar path, maybe have some one week try-out or something demo-y for those in doubt. Personally, i think this could solve a lot of issues, even if it were to just get rid of unfair, annoying fees and tiers. Then you might keep the weapons tiered, but the ships as cosmetics.

-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

May 6, 2017, 7:21 a.m.

Updated //
May 6, 2017, 7:21 a.m.

going to switch to StarCitizen. fleet in maintenance is like game in maintenance.

May 7, 2017, 12:56 p.m.

The monetization choices the devs made seem bad for the future success of this game. The concept in beta (pre-tiered ships) was fun, it just needed more content and ship modules. If people like your game, they'll spend money to get ship skins and other legendary ships without the current maintenance system. Then you add some convenience options (like elite status), to reduce the time investment for people who can afford it. If you can play a 20 minute game and the maintenance costs nearly equate to what you win (if you lose), that seems poorly thought out. Not everyone has tons of time to spend, especially the ones you want to play this game the most (the ones with money to spend).

May 9, 2017, 12:39 p.m.

The Devs seriously need to sit down with their directors and listen to the player base on the pay model for this game. The reputation for this game is starting to stink, and players are avoiding this game, which is heartbreaking.

1. The game is at a point where it seriously needs to expand its player base before the current player base leaves due to poor queues and the disgusting progression/maintenance scheme. It'll succeed if the player base supports your game and say good things about it to their friends, and it'll die if the devs continue down their current path.

2. Look at other successful models for F2P. None of them obstructs the progression for non-paying players. Get enough players to feel positively about your game and cosmetics will sustain your game. The spaceship setting is so easy to create cosmetics and customizations; flags, effects, announcers, icons, taunts. If you can't think of a model, just rip it off from Blizzard.

3. Look at all the great games that died in beta, all due to a paywall, a P2W model, or some form of greedy pay scheme that makes the players feel disgusted to login to the game.

4. Or make it a paid game and free up the progression for playing the game. In Western gaming culture, people will pay you if you have something worth playing.

I'll pay to support a game I like, I bought a Founder pack, and I'm willing to spend a lot more, but I'm not going to if you continue upsetting the player base, where anywhere you read about this game is filled with negativity.

The bottom line
: Do whatever you want, as long as you stop punishing players for spending their precious time playing your game, regardless of pay status, tier, or competitive level. If you don't reward players for their time, your game will die. There are so many games out there, you need to wake up. It's heartbreaking to see a game with so much potential with a decaying community because of an unforgiving progression model. Figure this out before dedicating time to new maps and modes and ships. There won't be enough players left to play them by the time you release them.

We are your customers, your loyal supporters, we love this game, but if we feel violated each time we play your game, we will put you under for maintenance, permanently.

May 9, 2017, 1:25 p.m.

SmokerT69#9758 posted (#post-118336)

layinout#5947 posted (#post-118279)

I and 2 of my sons joined in January. I was the last one playing as of a few weeks ago and I haven't played for days.

That's not a good retention record.

I'm OK with buying Elite status, but it doesn't guarantee you make more than maintenance, once you get to tier 4.

You must be really bad then. At teir 4, with a full fleet of teir 4 ships equipped, maintenance is 1550 credits. If you can't make that in a match, you're doing something wrong. Mind you, sometimes I've had terrible games and only walked away with 1800 or so. So I hardly made anything...

My problem was the back to hanger bug. In one week I lost 85,000 credits. That's insane...

I'm not really a bad player, mediocre would be a better description. Comes with being older and never gaming before. I'm only now beginning to feel somewhat comfortable with the wasd type controls.

However, one of the first games I played with a new tier 4 ship had a lot of other tier 4 ships in it. As a result, my new tier 4 ship was harder to do anything with than the tier 3 ships I was used to. I went from mid pack to bottom of the pack in that game. Credits weren't enough to pay maintenance. Never happened with tier 3 ships.

Yes, I've always played with Elite status. I new I would need all the help I could get to try to play against people who have been gaming for years. All my 5 children have gamed since the days of the first Nintendo. I knew what I would be up against. This was the first game to intrigue me enough to go through the pain of learning how to play. Unfortunately, It may have lost me.

We'll see how this maintenance thing goes. My sons who played with me are enjoying Heroes of the Storm instead, and they were pretty good Captains.

June 4, 2017, 3:56 p.m.

I got 2000k in a match and lost but had 1 T3 ship and cost 750 for repair of ship that i saved 22000k dose adding more T3 make it cost more? If so I dont think I will be playing anymore

June 5, 2017, 12:43 a.m.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/news/dev-talk-3-future-maintenance/

Just a reminder that the devs are actually listening to us (6 months late) and scrapping maintenance.

Now all they need to do is realise we're right about the tier system as well, and maybe even turn that on its head like they're doing with maintenance. Then we can start getting back on track and I might look forward to reinstalling the game.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

June 5, 2017, 5:10 a.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-123390)

Just a reminder that the devs are actually listening to us (6 months late) and scrapping maintenance.

Now all they need to do is realise we're right about the tier system as well, and maybe even turn that on its head like they're doing with maintenance. Then we can start getting back on track and I might look forward to reinstalling the game.

Agreed, fully customisable ships with different engines, shields, reactors and weapon loadouts would open up the game and give it more depth. Tiers work when there's 500 odd different ships / vehicles you can unlock, but its a very superficial way of adding the perception of depth when really they're not doing that at all.

June 5, 2017, 9:35 a.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-123390)

I am on the same boat. Changes to are good, however without changes to tiers, game will stay uninstalled. Hopefully, they are listening,

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.