FORUMS

Wait time for fleet maintenance? ITS TIME TO STOP

Posted: //
Oct. 31, 2016, 6:41 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 31, 2016, 9 p.m.

If fleet maintenance in this game is anything like that of World of Warships, where as you go up in tiers it begins costing so much that you have to spend real money, we have a whole other problem. For now though my main concern is with the wait time for fleet maintenance. When I first heard about it I wasn't too concerned given that the costs were inexpensive. But now that players have to WAIT and during this time can't use certain ships, this one mechanic is bordering that of other freemium games and is setting off lots of red lights for me.

This is a message for the devs as well. If you all want to make this game more appealing to people and continue the trend of a free game with no(or subtle) freemium features, remove this . Otherwise it will give new players some doubts about the game and may even turn some away.

Your thoughts on this?

Edit: obviously there are other new freemium features in the game such as premium to standard currency conversions, and the tech tree system as a whole that may raise more concerns. This is just one example of a particular feature I wanted to point out.

Oct. 31, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

A lot of this update makes me question if i care to continue watching the game at all, let much alone play it....so...going to give it a try i guess but kinda regretting my purchase now...

Oct. 31, 2016, 8:23 p.m.

+1 to OP

Oct. 31, 2016, 11:53 p.m.

All the changes we have right now,were unnounced months ago,its not something they implemented without telling,its simple,f2p games need to find this kind of mechanic to keep you grinding.Most of the succesfull f2p games have repairs/maintence.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 1, 2016, 5:08 p.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-51045)

All the changes we have right now,were unnounced months ago,its not something they implemented without telling,its simple,f2p games need to find this kind of mechanic to keep you grinding.Most of the succesfull f2p games have repairs/maintence.

Actually the most successful by far do not. Warframe, League of Legends, DoTa 2. These are the top 3 F2P games, they do not have this, or anything close to it. And it's a large part of why they're popular. I played one round....didn't like 8v8 and didn't like what i earned vs what I'll be getting as I got up the artificial "tiers" I've since quit...and until revamps happen, that's it for me. All the waiting for this just kills all the hype I had, in general, shame.

Nov. 1, 2016, 8:27 p.m.

Vercinaigh#6790 posted (#post-51649)

Odin#5262 posted (#post-51045)

Actually the most successful by far do not. Warframe, League of Legends, DoTa 2. These are the top 3 F2P games, they do not have this, or anything close to it. And it's a large part of why they're popular. I played one round....didn't like 8v8 and didn't like what i earned vs what I'll be getting as I got up the artificial "tiers" I've since quit...and until revamps happen, that's it for me. All the waiting for this just kills all the hype I had, in general, shame.

This is my view. The hype for this game is completely lost.

The game was fun the last patch, fun enough to just need more ships + more objectives

I was CLOSE to purchasing the Morningstar pack.

All the F2P games that been successful agree on one thing: They're fun from the get go, and they aren't pay 2 win.

A tiering system is, in many senses, PAY 2 WIN.

This is the worst idea the devs ever had. I really hope they're on time to revert it, for the good of a good game... and business.

Nov. 2, 2016, 12:17 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 12:17 a.m.

We appreciate the feedback on the fleet maintenance system. Fleet maintenance is a Credits-only sink that for all but Legendary tier fleets is a fraction of what you earn at the end of a match. At the highest rank, the current design is going to ask players to be comfortable with a wider range of ships and win about 50% of their matches to remain out of maintenance.

We are still in Closed Beta and these values are changed by feedback like this, thanks for your post!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Nov. 2, 2016, 2:31 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 2:57 a.m.

DN_EmptyTuxedo#3505 posted (#post-51745)

We appreciate the feedback on the fleet maintenance system. Fleet maintenance is a Credits-only sink that for all but Legendary tier fleets is a fraction of what you earn at the end of a match. At the highest rank, the current design is going to ask players to be comfortable with a wider range of ships and win about 50% of their matches to remain out of maintenance.

We are still in Closed Beta and these values are changed by feedback like this, thanks for your post!

-p-

The issue is.. its a tax on the losing team.

Honestly if you are just looking at maintenance as a way to do a credit sink.. either A, apply it equally to all ships (in veteran at some low level, and in Legendary at a higher level)

Its the 'Only the losing team pays, on top of making less credits' which is the problem.

Honestly you could do it an entirely different way.. an entrance fee instead.

eg; to que with a veteran fleet, you pay 100 credits. To que with a legendary fleet, you pay 500 credits.

One thing that MUST be addressed tho if you keep this current system is the 'taxation' of ONLY the losing team.

You can partially do that by changing the 'top 3 scorers in the GAME don't pay maintenance' to 'top 3 scorers on the LOSING TEAM don't pay maintenance'

This way at least anyone thinking they are on the losing team has incentive to TRY.

and no matter what, you MUST not force tax/maintenance on a player brought in MIDGAME. (due to a disconnect or person leaving the game)

Nov. 2, 2016, 8:12 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 8:15 a.m.

There's no reason for a sink. There's no economy to keep balanced and it won't prevent maxed players from endlessly accumulating points: the usual reasons for a sink in the first place. All this does is needlessly double-slap players for loosing and artificially inflate the effort and time needed for a player to actually unlock a ship they might actually be interested in playing.

on top of that the system is built, by your own admission, to apparently force the bottom 2/3rds of the very top tier of players to regularly drop down for seal-clubbing sessions in order to sustain top-tier play. Maybe you guys are aiming to retain new players with a Stockholm syndrome like affect by handing them defeat after defeat vs top players but I've never seen such a system work before.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Nov. 2, 2016, 8:18 a.m.

There's no reason for a sink. There's no economy to keep balanced and it won't prevent maxed players from endlessly accumulating points: the usual reasons for a sink in the first place. All this does is needlessly double-slap players for loosing and artificially inflate the effort and time needed for a player to actually unlock a ship they might actually be interested in playing.

furthermore, this system, by your own admission, is apparently built to regularly force the bottom 2/3rds of the top tier of players to go on seal-clubbing sessions in order to sustain top-tier play. Maybe you guys are trying to retain new players with a Stockholm syndrome like effect by handing them defeat after defeat until they mistake the pain for pleasure but I've never seen a system like that work before.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.