FORUMS

Wait time for fleet maintenance? ITS TIME TO STOP

Posted: //
Nov. 2, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

People should realise its either the repair cost or even bigger prices of all the abilities/briefings instead,the grinding unfortunately is a f2p consequence.But again its not that big deal,the price probably will be rearranged,dont forget we are still in closed beta and our feedback is precious.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 2, 2016, 12:05 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 12:06 p.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-52006)

People should realise its either the repair cost or even bigger prices of all the abilities/briefings instead,the grinding unfortunately is a f2p consequence.But again its not that big deal,the price probably will be rearranged,dont forget we are still in closed beta and our feedback is precious.

I've played more than a few f2p games without this 'consequence'. This is lazy development and needs to go.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

April 7, 2017, 5:56 p.m.

I'm ok with the grind to own more powerful ships. That's half the fun. I'm NOT ok with not being able to use them because they're "in maintenance".

Sell the base game.
Sell hero ships.
Sell ship customization (paint and figureheads).

If you compromise the game by rolling in cellphone-esq freemium features, such as arbitrary maintenance timeouts, I'm out. And it won't be just me.

April 26, 2017, 12:44 p.m.

Just a quick feedback that I just went up to Veteran and once I found out about this nonsense I left the game in an instant.
I have read under what circumstances maintenance comes and as it's complete unrealistic nonsense I just ALTF4'ed out of the game.

Just be aware of that players ALTF4'ing are not able to spend money on the game either - not even for cosmetics.

So go ahead, dear Devs, and patch this nonsense away entirely or I tell you the same I told the Devs of Mech Warrior Online years ago: your game will fail to become relevant to the world.
I love to pay for cosmetics and the alike and games like this should only maintain themself by selling cosmetics.
You are welcome to hugely increase the amount of individual customization players are able to apply, but this payed Elite-Rank- and Grind-nonsense is a real "No, but thanks for trying".

April 26, 2017, 3:25 p.m.

I would instead do the following which will favorite both the decent player that pays for a membership and Greybox:
- As elite, maint cost is free.
- Make maint to be a higher % of the earning regardless of winning or losing but no wait time.

What do you accomplish with this? People will pay for Elite which has a good price. Free players won't be as penalized as it is a % of the earning.

If we are talking about economic and sinking credits you need to triple the Convert XP to free XP multiplier, 40 is a rip off, it needs to be at least 200 AND, for each XP converted, give double the credit, say, if I converted 20k XP to free XP by PAYING, give me also 40k credits.

Buying credits with GP multiplier should at least be around 250.

Tell the truth, give a banana about political correctness

April 26, 2017, 7:11 p.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-51756)

eg; to que with a veteran fleet, you pay 100 credits. To que with a legendary fleet, you pay 500 credits.

One thing that MUST be addressed tho if you keep this current system is the 'taxation' of ONLY the losing team.

You can partially do that by changing the 'top 3 scorers in the GAME don't pay maintenance' to 'top 3 scorers on the LOSING TEAM don't pay maintenance'

This way at least anyone thinking they are on the losing team has incentive to TRY.

and no matter what, you MUST not force tax/maintenance on a player brought in MIDGAME. (due to a disconnect or person leaving the game)

this would make me think alot harder about dropping out of games. especially the 'top 3 scorers on the LOSING TEAM don't pay maintenance' part

April 26, 2017, 8 p.m.

The game has become stupidly stressful at Veteran level. I finally unlock a t4 ship, (Valcour) and what do I get? I find that I am loosing more credits than I am gaining, on an average couple hours of game play. I am an Elite Status player, but getting absolutely reamed in maintenance fees. I even bought lots of cosmetics.

As others have stated, if you want to keep players, remove this maintenance fee garbage, or remove it for Elite players. I just said screw it and spent the last hour in recruit matches just to get some credits back.

Speaking of, I lack the GP now to pour all of that XP my maxxed out recruit ships are getting into Gold XP, so I am effectively grinding JUST credits, rather than credits and XP. However, at the same time, t3 ships are absolute garbage in Veteran matches. If more than 2 t4s are on the enemy team, you get slaughtered, and can't burst anything down.

This was my favorite new game in Recruit tier. However, the more I play Veteran and the farther I get, the more I begin to ponder baling.

April 26, 2017, 8:16 p.m.

I feel the same, I spent €50 in World of Warships, quit 2 weeks after, spent €50 here and I'm about to quit, screw these F2P rip off games man, I think I go back to classic pay for what you get no hidden scam your pocket.

I don't know, the game industry is going down the toilet, I understand business is business but the way they are turning is not business anymore, is like they were drug dealers...

Tell the truth, give a banana about political correctness

April 27, 2017, 12:53 a.m.

I and 2 of my sons joined in January. I was the last one playing as of a few weeks ago and I haven't played for days.

That's not a good retention record.

I'm OK with buying Elite status, but it doesn't guarantee you make more than maintenance, once you get to tier 4.

April 27, 2017, 10:07 a.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-118279)

I and 2 of my sons joined in January. I was the last one playing as of a few weeks ago and I haven't played for days.

That's not a good retention record.

I'm OK with buying Elite status, but it doesn't guarantee you make more than maintenance, once you get to tier 4.

You must be really bad then. At teir 4, with a full fleet of teir 4 ships equipped, maintenance is 1550 credits. If you can't make that in a match, you're doing something wrong. Mind you, sometimes I've had terrible games and only walked away with 1800 or so. So I hardly made anything...

My problem was the back to hanger bug. In one week I lost 85,000 credits. That's insane...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.