FORUMS

Wait time for fleet maintenance? ITS TIME TO STOP

Posted: //
July 6, 2017, 4:14 p.m.

Updated //
July 6, 2017, 4:16 p.m.

What about putting a time limit on the fleet maintenance like 30to 40 minutes if you don't want to pay at you wait?
In other words one or two games?
Then you still get the revenue for anyone that's keen to play and everyone else can wait.
they have to make some money somehow to pay for programmers. I gess

July 6, 2017, 4:52 p.m.

Xenophon#7149 posted (#post-123409)

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-123390)

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/news/dev-talk-3-future-maintenance/

Just a reminder that the devs are actually listening to us (6 months late) and scrapping maintenance.

Now all they need to do is realise we're right about the tier system as well, and maybe even turn that on its head like they're doing with maintenance. Then we can start getting back on track and I might look forward to reinstalling the game.

Agreed, fully customisable ships with different engines, shields, reactors and weapon loadouts would open up the game and give it more depth. Tiers work when there's 500 odd different ships / vehicles you can unlock, but its a very superficial way of adding the perception of depth when really they're not doing that at all.

Officer briefings end up handling what the net effect of customizing things like reactors would be. Not to mention in most actual vehicles, reactors/engines aren't very modular. Especially large things like battleships and submarines. smile

July 15, 2017, 12:25 p.m.

Ship maintenance needs to fu*king GO. I am sick of getting charged for joining a losing team in the middle of game, connection drops, or when I have crappy team. There is no in game economy that they need to draw from, this feature is purely, PURELY, to suck money out of players (real world money). This feature isn't just broken, its greedy and makes me not want to play the game.

P.S. Fix the fu*king sound bugs already.

July 15, 2017, 2:38 p.m.

Updated //
July 15, 2017, 2:40 p.m.

I wont make assumptions, but i'm gonna make a guess (i might not be right): The whole idea of making the grinding painful is to tempt players to spend money to make it "less" painful. Some of the complaints that are made, cannot be taken away, the rationale is, if the journey is NOT painful, less players would need to spend money to elevate the "pain".
What the game company is trying to do is, finding the sweet spot, between too painful a journey which might push players to quit altogether and too painless a journey which would result in nobody needing to spend anything.

Honestly, i hope i'm wrong, but i rarely am. lol!

July 16, 2017, 12:02 a.m.

VERSUS#7174 posted (#post-128216)

I wont make assumptions, but i'm gonna make a guess (i might not be right): The whole idea of making the grinding painful is to tempt players to spend money to make it "less" painful. Some of the complaints that are made, cannot be taken away, the rationale is, if the journey is NOT painful, less players would need to spend money to elevate the "pain".
What the game company is trying to do is, finding the sweet spot, between too painful a journey which might push players to quit altogether and too painless a journey which would result in nobody needing to spend anything.

Honestly, i hope i'm wrong, but i rarely am. lol!

As shown in the link I shared above, the devs have (finally) admitted maintenance is so bad they're describing it in language that's banned on the forums. That said, for the more than 6 months leading up to that, they were defending it aggressively saying it was here to stay. During that time, they had openly admitted it exists purely as a way to force monetisation into the game.

The lack of awareness of how bad a system it was has pushed me away pretty hard, and it's going to take a lot more than the new system finally showing up to actually bring me back. Still need them to realise the tier system as it stands is equally horrendous compared to how the game was before it.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Aug. 4, 2017, 8:45 p.m.

How long do I have to wait?

Aug. 11, 2017, 6:49 p.m.

This is the first of your games I've ever played. I was enjoying it, so I even got your Mercenary pack. I don't mind paying for a game if I'm having fun. I put in some good time grinding up to a ship I could play in the Veteran fleet, and was looking forward to it. Lost my first match, got disconnected from the second.

When I signed back in, I can't play my new ship?!

I've never even heard of something like this - and having bought your Mercenary pack, I have 30 days of 'Elite' status, but I have to either pay in or waste part of that time when I could be using the boost to grind my new ship toward bigger and better? What an awful turnoff.

Having calmed somewhat, I can see where needing to pay maintenance to get your ships up and running is sort of an organic part of the game, very real-world and sort of understandable. But one thing I don't want from my video games is for them to match the real world in that people with more money and more toys don't have to pay as much as the little guy. If you don't want to turn off your entire player base before you get out of Beta, one word: BALANCE.

Aug. 12, 2017, 6:33 a.m.

Im not sure if this game is gonna be a success . Id have to agree the repair cost plus the free xp mechanic converting gold from ship xp into free xp is pretty obvious that essentially its costing a player on a permatch basis. Not to be mean but you have a lobby shooter with no campaign and I havent found any lore yet about this universe or timeline that you've created within the context of the game. The micro transaction repair cost is a little"much" considering xp that needs to go into upgrading ships scales exponentially from tier to teir and the after match bonus for Elite status is comical. Thier maybe fleets or organized players in your game but for the noob who knows no one running with "pubs" and trying to win by himself and then asking him to pay for repairs because his or her fleet was disorganized may IMO reduce potential game population. Im just saying that I for one probably wont play a game where there may or may not be a 12 year old failing because hes taking a repair ship up against a dreadnought(repeatedly) and we loose because of him getting destroyed repeatedly and then expecting me to pay for that in a micro transaction is, how can I put this delicately .... fail

Aug. 12, 2017, 12:15 p.m.

I was juuuust about to put in some money for the first time, then me and my friends hit fleet maintenance, now nobody wants to play :\

Aug. 12, 2017, 12:43 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 12, 2017, 1:09 p.m.

Nevermind, seems we just need to wait till the next updates roll around into ps4. smile

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.