FORUMS

Wait time for fleet maintenance? ITS TIME TO STOP

Posted: //
Aug. 12, 2017, 1:25 p.m.

I can fly a big brute of a starship!! Where do I sign?!........ Oh no log in bonuses...., no tidbits for free...., maintenance costs for my shiny T3's and above..., no emotes..., i gotta fight T3's, T4's in a T2... My squad has lonewolves in it...., my squad has a party of tanks...., that Goliath torp just took out 3 of us..., um we need duct tape! There r just a few things that are wrong that you the dev's can fix, There are a few things that we the gamers can fix. One of those things the gamers can fix it is so simple play as a Team, adapt to your enemies. Most importantly don't be an 'mule' and say sweet, things like 'Noob, Scrubs, you must be a bad player' Cause honestly this game isn't 1v4/5 it's a team effort. 1 person doesn't win matches by themselves.

Aug. 14, 2017, 10:37 p.m.

Cizjut#6996 posted (#post-51676)

Vercinaigh#6790 posted (#post-51649)

Odin#5262 posted (#post-51045)

All the changes we have right now,were unnounced months ago,its not something they implemented without telling,its simple,f2p games need to find this kind of mechanic to keep you grinding.Most of the succesfull f2p games have repairs/maintence.

Actually the most successful by far do not. Warframe, League of Legends, DoTa 2. These are the top 3 F2P games, they do not have this, or anything close to it. And it's a large part of why they're popular. I played one round....didn't like 8v8 and didn't like what i earned vs what I'll be getting as I got up the artificial "tiers" I've since quit...and until revamps happen, that's it for me. All the waiting for this just kills all the hype I had, in general, shame.

This is my view. The hype for this game is completely lost.

The game was fun the last patch, fun enough to just need more ships + more objectives

I was CLOSE to purchasing the Morningstar pack.

All the F2P games that been successful agree on one thing: They're fun from the get go, and they aren't pay 2 win.

A tiering system is, in many senses, PAY 2 WIN.

This is the worst idea the devs ever had. I really hope they're on time to revert it, for the good of a good game... and business.

I think the tier system is really good. The grind to get higher tier and better ships isnt exactly new to F2P. Most of em have a grinding mechanic, look at warframe, to get prime gear u need to grind relics which alone takes time, then grind the same missions to have a CHANCE of getting the prime gear u want. Tbh I think there's alot wrong with the new updates too ngl. However I'm concerned about the fleet maintenance, if devs don't wanna get rid of it they should atleast make the waiting time much less of a wait. Or make it cheaper to spend the in game currency to repair the ships. Right now it costs way too much which makes grinding for new things even longer. Right now I think that's the main concern. I don't think this game has turned into a pay to win.

Aug. 15, 2017, 1:11 p.m.

I don't take issue with the maintenance cost, merely the way it is implemented. I play a lot of War Thunder, and they apply the maintenance to everyone that participates. It is applied individually based on the performance of the player, and size and class of the vehicle. If you respawn a lot, then your cost at the end will be greater. This should be the applied here.

Aug. 15, 2017, 7:20 p.m.

Just a reminder for the fine PS4 folks... maintenance is going away. And we're looking into greatly reducing the maintenance costs in an upcoming update until such time that the real battle bonus system is put into PS4 (which is going to take a little time still). So thanks much for your patience.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

Aug. 15, 2017, 7:44 p.m.

In case anyone was wondering, they didn't remove maintenance OR fix the sound bugs on the PS4. I played two matches, encountered both issues, and stopped playing the game (maybe I'll come back when its no longer in beta). Getting tired of this man.

Aug. 16, 2017, 1:42 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 17, 2017, 7:13 p.m.

Aug. 16, 2017, 4:20 p.m.

fp2 = pay 2 win now? is that how they are marketing it? nice try guys but it did't work on me.

this type of mechanic needs to be in place so the people paying for extra in-game content have an advantage over those who dont. if someone spends 50 or 100 bucks on this game they want something to show for it... and lowering the odds of paying "maintenance costs" is one of those perks. better gear means more victories. if someone throws down a lot of cash and feels like they didn't get any bang for their buck the odds of them doing it again are zero!

the only times you will see stats change or "real ingame cost" go down is if the player base drops to low for their comfort. prices will drop to entice more people back. the more people that are playing the more odds of some of them opening their wallets. this game is designed around you paying extra money, nothing else.

Aug. 17, 2017, 10:41 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 27, 2017, 12:14 a.m.

Okay so, dev team, please listen for a second on this. I know you're busy with well, game, but just hear me out. I've loved my time with this game. However after two days I'm ready to not touch it again. I enjoy the combat, the ship types and customization, and the leveling and tech tree is in my opinion pretty well balanced and not incredibly grind-y. Well done! And then when I finally got to veteran teir, I played one match, lost, and found your fleet maintinenece mechanic. First, a petty comment, don't put "skip" there if theres no dang timer. I admit the game is still being made so...you get a pass. For that. But not for this awful system. I acknowledge free games gotta make money, but please don't take the money grubbing, awful person route (sorry for the insult, your filter wouldn't allow the sh word, and I mean fair enough but I got annoyed). Don't lock players out of their hard earned ships. At all. If you must punish losers make their earnings per lost round less or something. I know this is made to be a money sink but don't take the bad route like this. Charge for skins and leaps up the tech tree, and for whatever else you might, but don't keep players from using the things they have unlocked. This system doesn't make me wanna pump money into your lovely creation. It makes me wanna delete it, and go to everyone I can and tell them this isn't even worth getting for free. Avoid it all costs.

Ps. I've seen the comments saying that the cost is small compared to round earnings, and that it'll go away. One. It hasn't yet so this comment is valid. And two. My maintenance costs were more than I earned the round I played. So I went back to test it. Got onto a server, didn't let me choose my ship, spawned me in a ship I don't play (I spec dreadnaught class because they're beautiful giant beasts which I love, please don't ruin them with bs like this guys). So I left the match thinking I would just get in another with my big majestic baby proper. The game wanted to charge fleet maintenance again. I couldn't bother.

Edit - I've thought of something since I wrote my post...the game isn't even free. I know y'all need money to make the game but these money sucking systems you're putting in, which are acceptable never, aren't even slightly defendable now, with the money you get from the pay to enter beta and the money from your PS-Plus beta. Secondly, about that maintenance timer. I've checked back after nine days. Either the thing never goes away, and isn't really a timer, or it's just ludicrously long. Fix this. Make your game good again.

Aug. 27, 2017, 12:24 a.m.

Going through the levels is already quite the grind. With the added tax on top of that, I'm not very optimistic that I would want to spend much more time playing the game. Let alone dropping any cash on it. It has so much potential but let's be honest Pay2Win is not long term sustainable and neither is penalizing players if you don't pay. The rewards of paying need to be cool enough to pay for. That's what's missing. There is no real incentive to drop cash on this game as it stands right now. Add special play modes for paying players or ships that are vastly different and really cool. Different classes. That kind of thing. Take a note from Team Fortress. People go crazy for cool skins and add-ons.

Aug. 27, 2017, 12:47 a.m.

Couldn't agree more. These kinds of payment systems are what makes people lose faith in the game. Which makes it all the worse because it leads to a bad Rep. No one is going to recommend it to their friends and might go as far as bad mouthing it. Which would be awful because I really do love what you created.

Enterprise1330#1530 posted (#post-133152)

Okay so, dev team, please listen for a second on this. I know you're busy with well, game, but just hear me out. I've loved my time with this game. However after two days I'm ready to not touch it again. I enjoy the combat, the ship types and customization, and the leveling and tech tree is in my opinion pretty well balanced and not incredibly grind-y. Well done! And then when I finally got to veteran teir, I played one match, lost, and found your fleet maintinenece mechanic. First, a petty comment, don't put "skip" there if theres no dang timer. I admit the game is still being made so...you get a pass. For that. But not for this awful system. I acknowledge free games gotta make money, but please don't take the money grubbing, awful person route (sorry for the insult, your filter wouldn't allow the sh word, and I mean fair enough but I got annoyed). Don't lock players out of their hard earned ships. At all. If you must punish losers make their earnings per lost round less or something. I know this is made to be a money sink but don't take the bad route like this. Charge for skins and leaps up the tech tree, and for whatever else you might, but don't keep players from using the things they have unlocked. This system doesn't make me wanna pump money into your lovely creation. It makes me wanna delete it, and go to everyone I can and tell them this isn't even worth getting for free. Avoid it all costs.

Ps. I've seen the comments saying that the cost is small compared to round earnings, and that it'll go away. One. It hasn't yet so this comment is valid. And two. My maintenance costs were more than I earned the round I played. So I went back to test it. Got onto a server, didn't let me choose my ship, spawned me in a ship I don't play (I spec dreadnaught class because they're beautiful giant beasts which I love, please don't ruin them with bs like this guys). So I left the match thinking I would just get in another with my big majestic baby proper. The game wanted to charge fleet maintenance again. I couldn't bother.

Edit - I've thought of something since I wrote my post...the game isn't even free. I know y'all need money to make the game but these money sucking systems you're putting in, which are acceptable never, aren't even slightly defendable now, with the money you get from the pay to enter beta and the money from your PS-Plus beta. Secondly, about that maintenance timer. I've checked back after nine days. Either the thing never goes away, and isn't really a timer, or it's just ludicrously long. Fix this. Make your game good again.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.