FORUMS

Ship XP to Free XP Conversion - URGENT

Posted: //
Oct. 31, 2016, 7:28 p.m.

The difference in graphics for GBP (Premium, IRL Currency $$$$) and ingame earned by playing Credits, needs to be DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT/CHANGED/Easy to Differentiate between.

I just used 60 GBP converting ship xp because I thought it was just the ingame credits. a Gold versus Silver tint is NOT enough to differentiate that for a new player.. let alone, apparently, a playing since Alpha 1 Veteran.

I assume I'll get that 60gbp back when open beta hits and the final progression reset happens so I'm not super unhappy about this...

But the fact that it costs anything to convert ship xp to free xp after you've earned veteran status seems.. weird to me.

Oct. 31, 2016, 8:15 p.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-51002)

But the fact that it costs anything to convert ship xp to free xp after you've earned veteran status seems.. weird to me.

But that's the whole point of having ship & free xp in the first place. Standard Wargaming f2p model.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

Oct. 31, 2016, 8:47 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-51012)

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-51002)

But that's the whole point of having ship & free xp in the first place. Standard Wargaming f2p model.

-p-

I'm not saying 'omg the sky is falling p2win game' .. just that it seemed odd.

I think thats because the .. popup/tutorial when I 'fully researched my tier 1 ship'.. implied that now that it was a veteran fully researched ship, all ship xp was converted to free xp. (Now, obviously apparently that wasn't what it said... but I have no way to get that informative popup BACK to re-read it.)

I fully 100% agree that ship xp on a NON-fully researched ship should be pay to convert.

I'm just 'slightly' iffy on the pay to convert on a fully researched ship.

But considering its like.. 1 cent per 60 xp converted or something like that, its definitely NOT a big deal.

Oct. 31, 2016, 9:03 p.m.

1cent +40ship xp = 40 free xp.
and even Hero ships have to pay this to convert.

Not sure I like this.. especially on hero ships.

Perhaps hero ships should be the 'free' exception .. eg; you paid for this hero ship already, so ALL xp earned on it is free xp?

Oct. 31, 2016, 9:42 p.m.

perhaps something I've seen in other f2p games with an "elite status" account the conversion fee gets waived could be a worth while perk.

Oct. 31, 2016, 10:12 p.m.

Mmm, that'd definitely make elite status worth buying -- if all ship xp conversions were free.

As it is, a 30% credit boost really isn't that great.

Oct. 31, 2016, 10:43 p.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-51037)

Mmm, that'd definitely make elite status worth buying -- if all ship xp conversions were free.

As it is, a 30% credit boost really isn't that great.

Oh it is, a T3 hull is at 50k.

Recruit Engineer

Aug. 15, 2017, 1:13 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 15, 2017, 3:04 a.m.

There should be a different way to transfer ship xp to free xp. Take Star Trek Online. You don't need to pay a dime to get any dilithium. As long as you have a mining permit, you can mine as much raw dilithium as you want. But can only convert 8000 raw units per day for in-game purchases. But to any player, you're granted a base set amount for transfer a day. After that, you can pay money to transfer more.

I'm not rich and can't blast away money like other people. I'm finding this game is a mix between F2P/P2W.

Also, as a previous Warframe player, that is purely F2P and can acquire anything through means of trades. Yes you can pay for platinum, but you don't rightfully have to. You still can acquire platinum through trading.

There has to be a new system for xp transfer for people who cannot afford to be spending real currency for a F2P.

Edit: have a system where you can transfer up to a certain total amount, but in order to do such, your total must be built up by consecutive matches.

IE: 8000 total from 8 consecutive wins. 1000 build up per match. If you lose a match, a small penalty can be applied. -500 per lose. BUT! Your build up can only be done through your first 8 matches, per day.

Even with a small penalty system, I'd be more than happy to have that than pay for what I've already earned. Even 5000 XP a day still seems logically legit.

Edit 2: I will pay towards a game I enjoy. I bought one ship in STO. Because I enjoyed the game. I bought two versions of Elite: Dangerous and multiple cosmetics on both versions because I really enjoy the game. I do enjoy Dreadnought, but that's not lasting very long if I am to be required to pay outright for advancement on a F2P (unlike STO, Warframe).

Aug. 15, 2017, 1:54 a.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-51026)

Perhaps hero ships should be the 'free' exception .. eg; you paid for this hero ship already, so ALL xp earned on it is free xp?

Yeah reduce xp conversion cost for hero ships by 75%.

Aug. 15, 2017, 8:16 a.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-132657)

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-51026)

Yeah reduce xp conversion cost for hero ships by 75%.

That would be a fair compromise. You've already spent a lot of money to buy them, then you need to spend more to use their EXP.

I've been saying for a while, the elite status should have some other perks tied to it. 50% off battlebonus cost. Or even make the paint jobs for ships available to use for free as long as your elite status is active.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.