FORUMS

Maintenance costs and joining an inprogress game.

Posted: //
Oct. 31, 2016, 8:44 p.m.

So.. I just got brought into an inprogress game, and lost on my veteran fleet.

I was forced to pay 600 credits to repair/maintenance when the game I joined was something like 16 to 48 (losing) when I was made to join it by matchmaking.

Being forced into an inprogress game should NEVER cause maintenance costs on your fleet.

Oct. 31, 2016, 9:32 p.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-51020)

Being forced into an inprogress game should NEVER cause maintenance costs on your fleet.

Completely agree and currently if you decide to bail because you got shoved into a losing match you still take a hit to your fleet which is BONKERS they should incentivize for players who stick it out through an in progress match NOT punish them.

Oct. 31, 2016, 11:50 p.m.

Anjiera#2866 posted (#post-51033)

if you decide to bail because you got shoved into a losing match you still take a hit to your fleet

Oh really?You bail?YOU PAY,simple enough.
Bailing is not acceptable under any circumstances.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 1, 2016, 1:02 a.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-51044)

neither is forcing a player to lose invested time and effort through poor game design.

Nov. 1, 2016, 1:07 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 1, 2016, 1:08 a.m.

getting shoved in a game in progress is not acceptable. Especially since now you pay the price of getting thrown in a losing match, of which you had no fault in its ultimate demise. the other version was not so bad, you got half the point for staying. this version punishes you for loosing. So bailing is a better alternative than sticking it out since you get to play a full match sooner...

I vote that games that have players bail should not have those players replaced by someone waiting in the queue period. That someone should be immune to the consequence, like equivalent to falling in the top unpunished players.... The real issues here is the punishing of the players that lost though. definitely not the brightest idea

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Nov. 25, 2016, 5:30 p.m.

My complaint about Maintenance is that at Veteran Level if you're 8 on the list you loose because Maintenance is 599 and you only make 520.

Nov. 25, 2016, 8:23 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 25, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-51044)

Anjiera#2866 posted (#post-51033)

if you decide to bail because you got shoved into a losing match you still take a hit to your fleet

Bailing is fully acceptable under a variety of circumstances. For example: you ship is glitches and becomes invulnerable, which is a known and continuing bug. You have a real life event that demands immediate attention but is not an emergency, kill the client on the way out rather than be a drain on the team. your internet dies, causing you to 'bail' through no fault of your own. Greybox's servers de-sync, causing you to 'bail' through no fault of your own. There are a HOST of other reasons bailing is not only acceptable BUT PERFERABLE and getting dropped into a hopeless game is one of them because no player should be punished for the failures of others unless there is actually a tenable chance they could make a difference which is not the case in the current world of seal-club that this game has become.
And before you dig into me as a 'dirty bailer' know that I have not dodged a single game . . . never had a reason to before 2.0 haven't played enough games since 2.0.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Nov. 26, 2016, 4:23 a.m.

I have a bit crappy 4G connection here and getting disconnected right in the middle of a match makes me furious. I lose the possible reward from a win, get smacked with a 600c penalty from "quitting" and then I'm back into 10min queues. I really wish things would be different.

Also after 5-6 games on the losing side, and the ship maintenance, it really feels like there's no progress at all - it literally is a waste of time. :S

Nov. 26, 2016, 4:39 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 26, 2016, 4:40 a.m.

I posted these two messages earlier on another thread, but I feel they should be here as well.

GreedyOpossum#4277 posted (#post-65945)

My contribution to this is an example of a match I played yesterday.

After about 12 minutes in queue, I warp in a match (veteran) already over half way through. On the losing side of course. The score was something like 60-12 to their favor. We were clearly the way weaker team, but had fast ships so it took time for the enemy to get all the kills. When the match ended I had had time to get 3 kills. The result was I got 600 credits out of that match. And guess how much maintenance I had to pay afterwards for the match I got into when it was already almost over? Yeah, 600 credits.

To sum up, with queue time, running from superior enemy and trying to help my team to stay alive while desperately hunting for points, I spent about 25 minutes to come out of it with 0 credits. Yes, I did get some XP, but I don't need it, because I already have done the full research for my current ships. I need credits to upgrade them or get new ships!
GreedyOpossum#4277 posted (#post-66327)

Another example. I just paid 1200 credits for maintenance in 10 seconds. First match lost 88-100. Thats fine. Queue in for next, get match in 3 seconds, match ends. PAY 600 credits for maintenance that I didn't even get into before it ended!!!
I hope this kind of issues are fixed in near future.

Dec. 23, 2016, 9:44 a.m.

My main issue with maintenance costs, is if you are in a vulnerable ship, the corvettes ensure you are scrap. Losing money each game because you can stay on the field long enough to earn credits, will ensure that at higher tiers (3+) you will have less and less support ship players. I don't mind dying in game, and I should receive less credits if I do poorly not because I am target, but don't penalize people for playing those ships.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.