FORUMS

The Jutland's extremely weak firepower needs to be fixed

Posted: //
Jan. 1, 2018, 10:18 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 6, 2018, 8:24 p.m.

The Jutland, despite being heavily armored, has a complete absense of adequate firepower. It has a terrible optimal firing range and damage compared to just about every other destroyer or dreadnought it will have to face. It is needless to say this needs to be fixed soon. To give inferior firepower to a ship that already has extremely low meneuverability is just a slap in the face.

Edit: Maybe I exagerate too much when I say how awful the firepower is. I suppose the low firing range is acceptable. As some of the people bellow have mentioned, the real problem is the spread of the primary gun's shrapnels/projectiles. It makes the guns quite ineffective at mid to long distance.

Jan. 1, 2018, 11:43 p.m.

I don't have any problem with Jutland speed or fire power honestly, but I'm irritated that I have to build Jutland with warp, or else I can't do anything. It's very limiting.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Jan. 2, 2018, 3:41 a.m.

The Jutland is a classic tank. As with various MMORPGs their first task is to take as much damage as possible. If you now equip this ship with stronger main guns that would break the balance.

Deficit of the main arms needs to be compensated with secondary arms and modules. I use the main guns only for the time when the secondarys are reloading or the enemy is too far away.

I play two different Jutland Styles:

1. Close Quarter Jutland - Warpdrive - Ballistic Broadside / Plasma Broadside - Armor Boost Impulse - Rockets with short Cooldown

2. Nuclear Carrier Jutland - Warpdrive or Armor Amplifier - Rocket Salvo (Quad Nuke) - Long Range Rockets - Armor Boost Impulse

Officer Briefings at both Styles:

• Modul Amper
  • Retaliator
  • Slow and Steady
  • It´s a trap

What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The ships of Akula Vector? No! The ships of Jupiter Arms? No! The ships of Oberon? The torpedo? The plasma broadside? No to everything!

Courage and courage alone overtake them all!

[Psyduck alias girly01]

Jan. 2, 2018, 7:44 a.m.

The problem is that without the warp drive you will never be where the action is, so you can't tank or generate pressure if they just ignore you. And the nuclear carrier is more of a heavily armored nuclear missile silo than a tank, especially without warp jump. So in the end your module 4 is hardcoded, which makes it a pretty boring ship to try out different playstyles, such as a real heavy tank that pushes forward unstoppably. The main two things i see ingame is the hit and run jutland that randomly pops up and kills soft targets or the nuke or carrier platform. Both doesnt really feel like an unstoppable machine, but rather specialized heavy armored ships. The akula vector dread feels much more like a fire spitting deathmachine that pushes ahead with armor amp. With retaliator and ballistic broadside your are basically on autofire mode. I think the best thing is to give the jutland sth like a single shot ballista main gun that is a bit less accurate but can suppress at long range. Then the slow speed is not such a problem anymore. The you can slowly move ahead while dishing out damage from afar like a real battleship could do. Now if you died and spawn without warp jump, you wont really matter for a while until you are back in the game. The jutland just feels like a poorly designed spaceship imho... Heavy armor without purpose...

Jan. 2, 2018, 9:21 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 2, 2018, 9:23 a.m.

...well, if i would play the jutland, i would play it as last defense for the artillery in my team gainst everything that try to closefight them, cause with broadside (or even nukes/tartaros or maybe hangars, if they would work properly), tractor, flechet and stuff its hard gainst vettes or even destroyers, so i think that works, if i want to play at the frontline i play akula, cause of its stronger defense, or even oberon cause of its, for a dread, extreme speed (but i prefer akula, cause it looks best of all three, in my opinnion^^)

Jan. 2, 2018, 11:39 a.m.

I still think a slow fire longe range weapon would break the ship the least. And it basically does not change close combat builds as it is basically a weak arty in close combat. So people will rely on repeaters and broadside there. It would make it also a unique ship with both long range and close range capabilities. Now its an oversized corvette with target warp. :-D I mean one could just patch in an additional main weapon module and see what works for players as an experiment . This combo would make it at least more interesting in non warp builds. The jutland is ok to hop around and stress out the enemy, but i feel that it has so much health because TACs cant keep up with the warping, rather than being used as a bulldozer tank. But everyone has their favorite playstyle, so opinions might differ. I find the ship a bit boring in its current design...

Jan. 2, 2018, 10:56 p.m.

I like it! Warp next to an enemy and watch him/her squirm!

Jan. 3, 2018, 10:57 a.m.

What Lando said. I love jumping my Jutland into the middle of an enemy team and watcvh the pannic begin. I can normally take out 2-3 ships with out a healer before I blowup. with a good healer, you can take a team out. In the confusion.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 4, 2018, 4:14 a.m.

I was just going to post this. The main guns of the Jutland are a total joke. It has all these big turrets...that are really just pea shooters. They are inaccurate at range and have such an abysmal dps that there's no point in using them in place of the secondary turrets. It is the only absolutely useless weapon in the game IMO.

Jan. 4, 2018, 8:36 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 4, 2018, 8:38 a.m.

So in the end your module 4 is hardcoded, which makes it a pretty boring ship to try out different playstyles, such as a real heavy tank that pushes forward unstoppably.

What are you expacting from a Jutland? The maneuverability of a Vindicta? The Jutland is a strategic Dreadnought. I do not always use them either. But especially when I play in an armada and know the tactics of my opponents, then it proves to be very useful.

"but i feel that it has so much health because TACs cant keep up with the warping" TACs have the Module "Target Warp"

"with a good healer, you can take a team out. In the confusion." Correct.

What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The ships of Akula Vector? No! The ships of Jupiter Arms? No! The ships of Oberon? The torpedo? The plasma broadside? No to everything!

Courage and courage alone overtake them all!

[Psyduck alias girly01]

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.