FORUMS

The Jutland's extremely weak firepower needs to be fixed

Posted: //
Jan. 5, 2018, 2:04 a.m.

Sgt_Saunders#5165 posted (#post-204678) said:

I was just going to post this. The main guns of the Jutland are a total joke. It has all these big turrets...that are really just pea shooters. They are inaccurate at range and have such an abysmal dps that there's no point in using them in place of the secondary turrets. It is the only absolutely useless weapon in the game IMO.

The Jutland gun DPS isn't that bad, the main problem is the spread that make you miss 4/5 shrapnels

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Jan. 5, 2018, 6:52 a.m.

Realistically speaking those are not meant to be used outside 1.2k. It has a shotgun profile to null the ship of it's mid range capabilities but the DPS is still lower than repeaters so there is no real reason to use it. Monarch on the other hand has a HUGE power spike on the maingun, outclassing the repeaters in its intended range.

As more people before me posted Jutland has quite a skillcap to it. If you position wrong you are not effective, the idea is to know when & where to warp. A stray warp can literally take you out of the fight, Jutland cannot really use Armor Amp like the 2 other counterparts so it's main deffense mechanism is Shields + HP pool.

Think of it as a Heavy Ambush ship.

Jan. 5, 2018, 12:01 p.m.

Use Nav Expert and you can use it without warp, it will however be a slow ship, so your team needs to wait a bit for you.

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 5, 2018, 6:56 p.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-204810) said:

I was just going to post this. The main guns of the Jutland are a total joke. It has all these big turrets...that are really just pea shooters. They are inaccurate at range and have such an abysmal dps that there's no point in using them in place of the secondary turrets. It is the only absolutely useless weapon in the game IMO.

The Jutland gun DPS isn't that bad, the main problem is the spread that make you miss 4/5 shrapnels

You're right! I was testing this out and sure enough, it's spread is so bad that barely anything hits. Now wonder the primaries are so abysmal.

Jan. 6, 2018, 8:21 p.m.

Sgt_Saunders#5165 posted (#post-204940) said:

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-204810) said:

You're right! I was testing this out and sure enough, it's spread is so bad that barely anything hits. Now wonder the primaries are so abysmal.

You all managed to identify the core of the problem here. The spread is what needs to be fixed.

Jan. 7, 2018, 11:29 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 7, 2018, 11:31 a.m.

Even with a spread reduction the T4 repeaters out dps all T4 Dread primaries, at all ranges the repeaters work.

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 7, 2018, 12:04 p.m.

I don't think people relize Jutland simply has low DPS outside 1200m range and even in the prime range repeaters are better. It's not a weak ship but the DN primaries need some love

Jan. 7, 2018, 3:37 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-205086) said:

Even with a spread reduction the T4 repeaters out dps all T4 Dread primaries, at all ranges the repeaters work.

Lorica main guns are far superior at distances above 2500m

Jan. 7, 2018, 5:14 p.m.

KaraMon#0559 posted (#post-205093) said:

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-205086) said:

Lorica main guns are far superior at distances above 2500m

Only regarding chance to hit, not theoretically possible dps. However ptw drains Repeaters very fast.

Actual stats in the datamine: https://goo.gl/nQmsMu

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 7, 2018, 8:35 p.m.

I also use target warp in my koshei, but babysitting the jutland is not fair to the rest of the team i would say. But this discussion is drifting off a bit. The point is that the jutland has sort of a pointless main weapon and only works with a few module combos. Whereas other ships can be played much more creatively by trying out module and OB combos. But for jutland its kinda always the same, and i think its main weapon is a reason for that too. Its neither strong, nor accurate nor has good range... So it doesnt really give the ships main weapon a niche in the game. It basically combines the worst features in a very specific ship config. Thats what mean with boring. When you see a jutland its quite clear what you have to expect, no surprise builds there. Only surprising player skills or surprising behavior of your team to it (normally inexperience with the jutland). I mean i also have a warp build, but ya its not the ship closest to my heart...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.