FORUMS

What's the point of battle bonus cooldowns ?

Posted: //
Jan. 2, 2018, 4:55 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 2, 2018, 5 a.m.

As title - What's the point of that senseless 5 minute timer after each vet battle ?

If i play a game without waiting i loose xp as i get more xp per hour when i just wait 5 mins instead playing a game that most likely goes 10-15mins without bonus. It somehow would make sense if there would be a ton of players playing the game to reduce server load, but i doubt that there are so much players.

So in the end all it does is increasing the grind by a senseless timesink at the cost of less players joining the queue. (It's even senseless to force players playing recruit games between as you have all t2 ships anyway leveled to max after a few hours)

I even would understand to have that timer for non premium players to make more money, but that's obviously not the case

Jan. 2, 2018, 9:33 a.m.

well, i found a post wich contains an idea what would makle it more sensfull to play still some recruit while the cooldowns of vet, cause with that idea you could use the ship EXP from t2 ships also (without or with small cost of credits, not GP) for the t3/4/5 ships in the research line.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/de/forum/topic/127829/

i personally prefere the credit-cost-version, cause for free it would make the free exp senseless and to change ship into free also

Jan. 2, 2018, 10:01 a.m.

The point to it is to encourage people to play other divisions.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 2, 2018, 11:53 a.m.

Rebuy it via credits and buy credits via GP -> income source for the devs/publisher.

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 3, 2018, 10:32 a.m.

ah thats the reason why it is more expensive to rebuy the battlebonus than what you get for loosing a vet and maybe thats the reason why i most times get the uncoordinated team in vet??? xD

well, maybe, but i play some recruit between battlebonus even if i could rebuy the battlebonus, just because all my ships there are finished and playable, not like the most ones in vet

Jan. 3, 2018, 1:58 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 3, 2018, 2:13 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-204505) said:

Rebuy it via credits and buy credits via GP -> income source for the devs/publisher.

Not at the current price. Would cost me ~3€ to just convert xp for 1 (!) module in vet compared to maybe 1 hour of playtime for the same. Totally not worth it

Jan. 3, 2018, 2:20 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-204494) said:

The point to it is to encourage people to play other divisions.

It just totally fails at this as you have nothing from playing recruit after you have all tech. There's a lot of possibities such a timer could make sense, but as it is implemented right now it's just a senseless "timesink feature"

For example the timer could be drastically increased (like 2-3 hours) to prefer casual players and/or increase the overall grind. Or XP on a completely leveled ship could just be free xp so you can play recruit to level your vet ships. (Or maybe just reduce the GP needed to convert drastically) Or use like 5 GP to remove the timer instead credits... and so on...

Jan. 3, 2018, 9:15 p.m.

As soon as you have a couple of tier 4 ships, you can create a Legendary fleet. You can use the same ships that exist in Veterans if you wish.

Now you can play Veteran, Legendary and Veteran in succession. If you don't like the idea of being seal clubbed, do Legendary as Proving Grounds.

Then wait for the Veteran battle bonus to reset and do it again. Legendary should have reset after two Veteran matches and some time in between.

Less waiting that way.

Jan. 4, 2018, 12:50 p.m.

yeah, and till you get into a legendary you could (at moment) play three vet and wait theyr cooldowns between

Jan. 4, 2018, 3:45 p.m.

The point is to pay for chance to receive more than less. Like lootboxes in other games.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.