FORUMS

XP / Cash Grind

Posted: //
Jan. 11, 2018, 10:08 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-205439) said:

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-205437) said:

New system sucks! Players would rather get the modules they want sooner and grinding with those modules to get the next ship, rather than grind for so long to get to the modules they want while having modules they don't want, only to unlock the next ship at the same time.

Also, what's with the increased costs at T5? That doesn't make any sense! There's no next tier to redistribute ship cost from, so why were the prices jacked at T5?

From what i understand, the cost of the ship was put in to the tech tree of that ship. So the cost of a T5 ship, was put in to the T5 tech tree. A bad idea imo

thats wrong, the cost of the next ship is contained into the research for it, in T5 the research contains the cost of the still not existing T6 ship, but yeah, the T5-module-cost theme does, in my opinion, not matter anyway, cause legendary is not really played, just cause T5 ships are nothing new than the T4 ships, just more expensive and mayby a bit more beautiful but thats all

Jan. 11, 2018, 11:16 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 11, 2018, 11:25 a.m.

Kildalore#7720 posted (#post-205425) said:

This frustration got exasperated yesterday when I got my first T4 ship. Looking through the Tac Cruiser Aion's tech tree I realised,to get the modules that I enjoy playing with (more support orientated) I will need weeks and weeks of playing with modules that don't interest me at all. This could be alieviated if I had a choice in which modulesI wanted to play with in a lower Tier and then farming up the higher tiers (that would be a stats boost and I can still enjoy the play style).

First, I completely agree with you, but to help out with that specific point you can equip unlocked T3 modules that suit your play style when you first unlock the T4 ship. It's really not obvious in game, so a lot of people miss that. Customize your T4 ship in the Hangar, and you should be able to choose any T3 module that fits that slot you have unlocked/purchased in the T3 tree for that ship line.

Jan. 11, 2018, 4:44 p.m.

I haven't played for a while and due to everything I'm reading here I think it will be some time before I come back (probably not before the next patch).

For me the very basic problem stems from the fact that the devs (or the company) decided to make the game F2P and that it would have to pay it's development cost then by these mechanics we are currently facing. As we are seeing the constant changes (in my perception for the worse, I think I was lucky to get my T4 ships with the modules relatively fast, never bothered with T5 though) It is clear that they do not have a very good idea what these mechanics should be or how they are fine tuned.

Of course they did their projections and forecasts when they decided to make it F2P (probably compared to the success of the other World of ... games), but me, personally, I would be much happier to have payed for the game in full and to play it without these stupid mechanics that turns everyone off. It would be much more attractive and maybe the focus of the game would be very different if it wasn't for the grind.

Also it seems that the cash income from cosmetic items and hero ships etc. is not enough to maintain the game and pay back it's development cost (just estimating here, I might be wrong). But I fear the current mechanics will drive many people away the otherwise might have payed to play the game with just good mechanics (and without grind). Thus, due to the network effect there might not be many people left playing and this would be a downfall.

It is a real shame, since the game (w/o considering the grind) is fantastic from my point of view: I like the graphics, the sounds, the movement of the ships and weapons. Yes, some tweaking and balancing here and there, but it really is my kind of game. But I am also the kind of person who does not pay to advance faster even if the game strongly puts its mechanics to incentivate you to this.

Jan. 12, 2018, 2:36 a.m.

I decided to give up going for secondary wep on my vette, and looking to get Blast Pulse.... its 135K exp lmao! 35K for autogun upgrade, 45k for disruptor pulse upgrade, THEN FINALLY A NEW module Blast Pulse for 55K ....

Sorry Dreadnought devs but both you and THIS system are redicilous. How for the love of god is this system any good ? It is becoming torture to play this game at veteran... and what good is playing Regular ? since we get cash but NO POINTS IN OUR SHIPS THAT WE WANT TO PROGRESS!

Jan. 12, 2018, 5:15 p.m.

We have some changes coming in the future that will mitigate some of the issues you guys are highlighting a bit. We're still confirming with Yager on how and when it would be implimented so please bear with my evasive answer. When we have the plan firmed down a bit more, the community team will share it in a future update/news story.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

Jan. 13, 2018, 8:29 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 13, 2018, 10:39 a.m.

DN_Svenice#5360 posted (#post-205540) said:

We have some changes coming in the future that will mitigate some of the issues you guys are highlighting a bit. We're still confirming with Yager on how and when it would be implimented so please bear with my evasive answer. When we have the plan firmed down a bit more, the community team will share it in a future update/news story.

Hurry then ! Currenty i am only saving my Ship XP on T4 and wait til the next Update arrives. Also guys please take into consideration that you are forced to spend a lot more credits than before because you have to buy almost every module. The Credit Gain is way lower than the Ship XP gain currently which gets you in a credit bottleneck (btw if you change the game economy, you have to adjust the rewards at the end of a round) Please do understand that force causes counterforce, aka if it feels necessary to buy GP to balance out between your amount of Ship XP and Credits, most people propably won't do that, because you try to make their decision (to buy GP). Make it enjoyable for every player and your community will reward you!

If it takes too long to find a solution to the issues just turn it back to the old system and you got time to rework this (same thing as w/ Team Elimination).

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

Jan. 13, 2018, 1:26 p.m.

Yes, hurry.

With that grind dreadnought is dead for me. I don't hate the game, but the grind itself.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Jan. 13, 2018, 4:25 p.m.

you have to buy every module? researching it wont do anymore?

Jan. 13, 2018, 5:05 p.m.

DN_Svenice#5360 posted (#post-205540) said:

Yes, hurry.

As it is now, I will not be renewing my elite time.

I would rather grind the xp and credits to needed to purchace a ship, using the modules I want to use during that grind, than only finally unlock the modules I want to use AFTER ive already completed the grind.

All you did was change it so that players are forced to play using modules they don't want to use.

Jan. 13, 2018, 9:45 p.m.

Forcing to buy modules player will never use 90% of the time is bad design. Cutting off already gained XP for t5 unlock is another.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.