FORUMS

Sniper OP and too much taken by players ?

Posted: //
Jan. 10, 2018, 11:41 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 10, 2018, 11:46 a.m.

So, for me sniper do too much damage and it's not rare to be with 4 ennemy snipers who literally one shoot our dreadnought. I love this game but it's this point it's nonsense.Even with corvette it's very hard to kill them because they are often protected by tac cruiser and their is also the mine.For me snipers need to have a support role not a damage dealer or just put ONE in a team not 4 ! It's very frustrating when you were killed buy this and you can't do nothing ! Dread are very powerful but snipers can destroy them in few shoot ! I know teamplay blablabla.... But look i'm level 3-4 and i play with two friends and snipers are always destroying us ! So now we are just waiting for a nerf of snipers. You lose 3 players devs ! Do something or SnipersNought is coming ! (Word of arty btw). Furthermore with the new progression system it's slower to advance and unlock new equipment.

War does not determine who is right...

Jan. 10, 2018, 11:45 a.m.

Nukes= dead snipers. Other snipers = dead snipers. If your team is not playing as a team, you will not beat a team that is.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 10, 2018, 11:55 a.m.

My troll detector is flashing red.

Jan. 10, 2018, 11:58 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-205380) said:

Nukes= dead snipers. Other snipers = dead snipers. If your team is not playing as a team, you will not beat a team that is.

Nukes ? You play always nuke ? For me broadside it's sooo much better. And dreadnought is not so much taken by players because of snipers rightly. And nukes take time to reached their target and can easily be destroy buy anti-nuke system. Nuke also blow up far their target very often and active the shield will reduce the effect of it. Snipers have also a dash to dodge nukes. Finally, we must really need a recast of this class. Except dat the game is close to the perfection for me !

Jan. 10, 2018, noon

If i was a troll i wouldn't say good of the game right ?

Jan. 10, 2018, 12:35 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 10, 2018, 2:51 p.m.

Artillery Cruisers are essentially the hardest to counter with a Dreadnought, so difficulty fighting them in a Dreadnought is to be expected. Also, the Tier 3-4 transition until you unlock useful modules and officer briefings is the hardest place to be for everyone. The developers/publisher is currently looking at how to best ease the grind, but I suggest and hope you and your friends will stick with it; your experience WILL get better and you WILL have more fun the further you progress.

Closing-in the range gap between your Dreadnought and an Artillery Cruiser should be a priority; one option is warping next to snipers with your Dreadnought with Warp Jump module; it has a 5 km range. Then blast them by spamming your broadsides, repeaters, Light Missiles/Flechettes/Torpedoes; Retaliator officer briefing is a plus. Also, Tier 4+ Warp Jump for dreadnoughts is targetable to enemies. If you expect the sniper to have Proximity Mines deployed, then be sure to warp in with shields on at first; if you're lucky the sniper's proximity mines will cause the sniper to blow himself/herself up or at least do a good deal of self-damage. Another option for a longer-range counter could be a well-timed use of Tartarus Missile (Purge Nuke) + Vulture Missiles +/- a Warp Jump as a finisher. Another option is using the Oberon-line of Dreadnoughts and rushing in with power to engines on an Artillery Cruiser while having Armor Amplifier on.

Target Warp with a Corvette (available Tier 4+) is also a similarly amenable option and starts out with an 8 km range; it allows you to warp right next to an enemy. Oberon-line of Corvettes is most amenable with this module, as its 360 degree firing arc is more forgiving of the module's seemingly random orientation in which you warp out. Similar to use of Warp Jump in a Dreadnought, if you expect Proximity Mines, go in with shields on at first. Then blast them with your guns, Blast Pulse, Drain Missile, Disrupt Pulse, Weaponbreaker Torpedo, Light Proximity Mines, etc. You could also try using a cloak module in a Corvette to get close to an Artillery Cruiser, but experienced players will still be able to see your cloak's distortion field and shoot you. A good tactic using cloak modules if you're able to catch an Artillery Cruiser unawares is to fly underneath the Artillery Cruiser and launch Light Proximity Mines and a Blase Pulse; a well-coordinated hit with these modules using this tactic should be able to one-shot or do about 90% damage against an unaware Artillery Cruiser. However, getting used to the spread and trajectory of the Light Proximity Mines will take some time to master. Assault Blink Warp (Tier 4+) + Blast Pulse is also an effective loadout, but more difficult to master and requires more sneakiness to get within range without taking too much damage. Also noteworthy is that Anti-Missile Pulse or Blast Pulse will detonate enemy Proximity Mines, so you can use that to clear enemy mines +/- damage the enemy sniper if he/she is sitting in them.

Also, currently the Artillery Pod module (available Tier 4+) on Tactical Cruisers will make everyone on the enemy team beg for mercy, Artillery Cruisers included.

However, if the other team is using closely-coordinated Artillery Cruiser fire, then yes, you should probably bend over and kiss your buttocks goodbye.

Jan. 10, 2018, 2:43 p.m.

please developers , dont nerf artys too.

can also be annoyed by sentry pods, JA destroyers, OBERON artys and AV vettes.... or a sneaky vindicta

Jan. 10, 2018, 3:03 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 10, 2018, 3:05 p.m.

In my opinion, Disruptor Autobeams were overbuffed; either decrease active time, increase cooldown time, and/or slightly decrease range. Currently, Artillery Cruisers with the module are invulnerable to short-range modules for approximately 90 seconds of every 120 second interval; that's a whopping 75% of the time.

Jan. 10, 2018, 3:06 p.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-205385) said:

Artillery Cruisers are essentially the hardest to counter with a Dreadnought, so difficulty fighting them in a Dreadnought is to be expected. Also, the Tier 3-4 transition until you unlock useful modules and officer briefings is the hardest place to be for everyone. The developers/publisher is currently looking at how to best ease the grind, but I suggest and hope you and your friends will stick with it; your experience WILL get better and you WILL have more fun the further you progress.

Closing-in the range gap between your Dreadnought and an Artillery Cruiser should be a priority; one option is warping next to snipers with your Dreadnought with Warp Jump module; it has a 5 km range. Then blast them by spamming your broadsides, repeaters, Light Missiles/Flechettes/Torpedoes; Retaliator officer briefing is a plus. Also, Tier 4+ Warp Jump for dreadnoughts is targetable to enemies. If you expect the sniper to have Proximity Mines deployed, then be sure to warp in with shields on at first; if you're lucky the sniper's proximity mines will cause the sniper to blow himself/herself up or at least do a good deal of self-damage. Another option for a longer-range counter could be a well-timed use of Tartarus Missile (Purge Nuke) + Vulture Missiles +/- a Warp Jump as a finisher. Another option is using the Oberon-line of Dreadnoughts and rushing in with power to engines on an Artillery Cruiser while having Armor Amplifier on.

Target Warp with a Corvette (available Tier 4+) is also a similarly amenable option and starts out with an 8 km range; it allows you to warp right next to an enemy. Oberon-line of Corvettes is most amenable with this module, as its 360 degree firing arc is more forgiving of the module's seemingly random orientation in which you warp out. Similar to use of Warp Jump in a Dreadnought, if you expect Proximity Mines, go in with shields on at first. Then blast them with your guns, Blast Pulse, Drain Missile, Disrupt Pulse, Weaponbreaker Torpedo, Light Proximity Mines, etc. You could also try using a cloak module in a Corvette to get close to an Artillery Cruiser, but experienced players will still be able to see your cloak's distortion field and shoot you. A good tactic using cloak modules if you're able to catch an Artillery Cruiser unawares is to fly underneath the Artillery Cruiser and launch Light Proximity Mines and a Blase Pulse; a well-coordinated hit with these modules using this tactic should be able to one-shot or do about 90% damage against an unaware Artillery Cruiser. However, getting used to the spread and trajectory of the Light Proximity Mines will take some time to master. Assault Blink Warp (Tier 4+) + Blast Pulse is also an effective loadout, but more difficult to master and requires more sneakiness to get within range without taking too much damage. Also noteworthy is that Anti-Missile Pulse or Blast Pulse will detonate enemy Proximity Mines, so you can use that to clear enemy mines +/- damage the enemy sniper if he/she is sitting in them.

Also, currently the Artillery Pod module (available Tier 4+) on Tactical Cruisers will make everyone on the enemy team beg for mercy, Artillery Cruisers included.

However, if the other team is using closely-coordinated Artillery Cruiser fire, then yes, you should probably bend over and kiss your buttocks goodbye.

First of all thank ! Because the first paragraph give us hope. Also thank for the tuto but don't worry i know how to play, i have more than 5 ships, even if you taught me few things ! But !! That here the problem is ! You say me to launch ALL the weapons of a dreadnought....on a sniper ! While launch all stuf of a dreadnought is normaly against..... an another dread no ?? It's obvious for me. Sniper need to be MORE weakness and less shield ! Also i think their principale gun must only shoot in front of the sniper ship ! Not next to him ! Because it's easy to kill corvette with that sort of gun. It should have a "locking mod" like.....Wot. Or maybe load the gun, 4 secondes for max damage, and 1 seconde for just a little shoot. I'm not a devs but i hope they are going to nerf it fast!

Jan. 10, 2018, 3:08 p.m.

Oberon#5333 posted (#post-205394) said:

please developers , dont nerf artys too.

can also be annoyed by sentry pods, JA destroyers, OBERON artys and AV vettes.... or a sneaky vindicta

if I could I will not hesitate to delete artys of the game. It's cancer and problematic in every game !

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.