FORUMS

Sniper OP and too much taken by players ?

Posted: //
Jan. 10, 2018, 3:11 p.m.

I'm waiting your answer.

War does not determine who is right...

Jan. 10, 2018, 3:22 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 10, 2018, 3:23 p.m.

To be honest, in general enemy dreadnoughts are usually best ignored until every other squishier enemy is destroyed; (1) dreadnoughts have a relatively lower DPS so they don't sting as much as other enemies and (2) shooting a well-outfitted dreadnoughts will only make it get stronger the more you shoot it because (A) it will decrease its module cooldowns due to Retaliator officer briefing, (B] it will gain energy due to either Get My Good Side officer briefing or Adrenaline Shot officer briefing if it is being healed by a Tactical Cruiser and (C) any Tactical Cruisers with the Adrenaline Shot officer briefing will have a nice resilient sponge to heal and gain energy due to their own Adrenaline Shot officer briefing.

Of course there will be specific situations where ignoring an enemy dreadnought won't be a good idea, but in general it is better to go for the squisher, harder hitting ships or more vital (healing Tacticial Cruisers) ships first.

Jan. 10, 2018, 3:58 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 10, 2018, 3:59 p.m.

i'm sorry but 5 ships do not mean you know how to play

this game isn't about dreads only and dreads as a very slow class need good positioning and shield use to stay alive. if you go out in the open your dread won't stay alive very long.

Easiest way to counter an arty nest is to Bomb Catapult them back to the spawn screen. As Dread i'd recommend nukes, interceptors or if you get in range: tractor beam ( very satisfying ) For Tacs artillery pods are very strong atm, they are almost impossible to hit and have the same range as T1,T2 and T4 artys

You also have to consider to switch classes in certain situations, for example: If the enemy team consists of 4 or more corvettes you should't play arty except you are the god of artillery

If the enemy team is only dreads and destroyers, you propably won't be successful in a corvette

If the enemy team is full of artys, dreads are the wrong choice if you don't have a healer and cover

If it's only tac cruisers, it really doesn't matter you won't kill anything anyways

To sum all this up: Adapt to the current battle situation and you will be fine

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

Jan. 10, 2018, 4:13 p.m.

Yes that what we do with my friends ALWAYS adapt ! Never people take support or dread when we need tank/heal. "5 ships" was a way to say i know the game.

but we move away from the subject. Sniper need a rework, enterie or well thought over time !

Jan. 10, 2018, 4:52 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 10, 2018, 4:52 p.m.

PeaceKeeper#1936 posted (#post-205401) said:

"5 ships" was a way to say i know the game.

Sniper need a rework, enterie or well thought over time !

more useful than 5 ships as way to say you know the game would be to tell how many battles you have played and what your avg. score is and maybe also D/L

i'm really sorry to say that but all of this sounds more like mad cuz bad than like constructive criticism.

In my opinion artys don't need a rework, and i guess most people share this point of view

PC | German

Jan. 10, 2018, 5:21 p.m.

Wow wow calm down ! You make me laugh Why people are always mad when we talk about rework their favorites ships ? Read well what i write before (begin of the topic) because it's all illustrate with arguments not just a " rework snip" , and pls don't take this haughty mood.

Last thing: "and i guess most people share this point of view" you're totally wrong, look the chat in game when someone is kill buy a snip. You know what i mean "cowarrr.... snip". Btw my ratio defeat/victory is 1.8, failling cause snip. I play ALL class except snip ! I even haven't the first !

For continue my topic i will say that i see a lot of snip in MVP like 11-2 or worse ! I very would like more opinion. At pleasure.

Jan. 10, 2018, 5:21 p.m.

PeaceKeeper#1936 posted (#post-205379) said:

So, for me sniper do too much damage and it's not rare to be with 4 ennemy snipers who literally one shoot our dreadnought. I love this game but it's this point it's nonsense.Even with corvette it's very hard to kill them because they are often protected by tac cruiser and their is also the mine.For me snipers need to have a support role not a damage dealer or just put ONE in a team not 4 ! It's very frustrating when you were killed buy this and you can't do nothing ! Dread are very powerful but snipers can destroy them in few shoot ! I know teamplay blablabla.... But look i'm level 3-4 and i play with two friends and snipers are always destroying us ! So now we are just waiting for a nerf of snipers. You lose 3 players devs ! Do something or SnipersNought is coming ! (Word of arty btw). Furthermore with the new progression system it's slower to advance and unlock new equipment.

Nuke them most het tunnel vusuon and will just sit in the same spot what I do is pop up with my dred use armor amp and sheild while the guy is wailing on me I pop a nuke and its bye bye arty.

Jan. 10, 2018, 6:56 p.m.

War does not determine who is right... only who is left...

Keeping in mind that Dreadnoughts are Tankish--therefore not a high damage output class of ship. I think Lando offers and outlines some very good tactics for dealing with pesky Artillery Cruisers. Perhaps, the only thing I might add is remembering to Warp in with a full magazine and full energy bar--while using PtW (Power to Weapons), PtS (Power to Shields) and PtE (Power to Engines) accordingly and judiciously.

Yes, AC's seem invincible or "OP". Yes, they can get annoying. And finally, yes, a group of well-seasoned AC's working together as a team will whittle down any player (new & old) in a manner unbecoming...lol. In many ways, it's an outcast cancer stick ship class--some more than others. Frustrating, yes. I've been there. In the beginning, on principle, I avoided the AC class...lol. But again, as Lando eloquently states, "...stick with it; your experience WILL get better and you WILL have more fun the further you progress."--not to mention find tactics to counter or employ.

However, keeping in mind, that's not to say AC's don't have their weaknesses or shortcomings--built into their strengths which applies to most ship classes as well. In "sticking with it" you will come to despise and love each with their different flavors and characteristics.

To the point(s) being made...

PeaceKeeper#1936 posted (#post-205407) said:

Btw my ratio defeat/victory is 1.8, failling cause snip. I play ALL class except snip ! I even haven't the first !

For continue my topic i will say that i see a lot of snip in MVP like 11-2 or worse ! I very would like more opinion. At pleasure.

In general, as a T3 (Tier 3 player) the transition from Recruit to Veteran can be brutal. In Recruit matches fully researched T2's will have an advantage over newer T1's...likewise it could be said that a stock T3 will be at a disadvantage against a T4--and so on, and so forth. Resulting in a decrease in W/L ratios. Do not be discouraged. It happens. The knowledge gain from each battle won or lost will aid in spotting what tactics work--and when to use them.

There are many reasons to avoid playing certain classes--but I would also offer that by avoiding classes (snipers, in this case) there's a chance to miss out on a whole lot of fun--not to mention finding out the limitations and weaknesses of each class. In playing any ship, if there are difficulties with the ship, it's a good bet that might be one of it's weaknesses. (One example--most snipers have a fairly narrow cone arc at close range vs. long range--not to mention player focus) And there are many more.

Stick with it and keep trying new tactics. Find those blind spots and most importantly have fun.

Jan. 10, 2018, 7:15 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 10, 2018, 7:31 p.m.

i'm far away from mad ... i'm just not sharing your opinion as i think discussing this with you won't lead to a solution, let me just say i can not confirm what you are describing. If you have the right module setup and have good positioning artillery cruisers aren't that hard to deal with, in fact often artys aren't aware of their surrounding which means its time to get sliced (Assault Blink Warp: Up to 19.500 Damage)

PC | German

Jan. 11, 2018, 2:16 a.m.

The more I read the more this sounds like a "I keep losing and I'm blaming Artillery ships, because I'm amazing at this game and people can't play better than me."

Yes I normally take nukes. Killing an art in one feels great. Also You can self detonate nukes so they won't miss. Use cover. They can't shoot what they can't see.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.