FORUMS

The Status Of Team Elimination

Posted: //
Jan. 12, 2018, 5:26 p.m.

[Car2nst#9304] said:

Does this mean removal of the trophy on PS4 as well? I am trying to Platinum the game & this is one that I can't seem to get although I have already met the requirements before the trophy system was in place (as well as others that have not popped yet..for example the 150 assists trophy but my stats show over 1,600 total assists)

We aren't removing the mode on PS4 just yet because of the trophy being present. On PC it is a little easier to make immediate changes like this, we are still evaluating how this direction will translate to PS4 and what we do with the mode in the mean-time while it is undergoing redesigns.

So as to not set any unrealistic expectations, as Miguel said in his post there are more pressing features we are working on and at this time do not have an ETA on when a new Team Elimination would be rolled out.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Jan. 13, 2018, 3:50 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 13, 2018, 3:54 a.m.

One thing that is really annoying:

The Team Elimination Daily Quests.

Pls finally remove them.

Jan. 13, 2018, 7:59 a.m.

yes, if you remove the mode that quest(s) should also be removed, cause sometimes i get two TE quests but just can reroll for one other so thats really annoying

Jan. 13, 2018, 12:06 p.m.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." by philosopher George Santayana

I think that quote sums up the game mode. People don't want to change their game play and prefer arcade game play over tactical games, quick and fun over think and win. Don't blame them on some points.

I didn't original enjoy the mode but learn't a lot about ships and setups for the game type, and watched the masters of the mode.

Maybe a game mode where you can use each of the ships in your Hangar, so you end up using a varity of ships in one battle, and when the ship dies you can't use it again in that battle. Possible outcome everyone is in Tac Cruisers/Arty/Vette, at the end etc. so possibly a bad mode.

A battle against a Boss ship like Bun Bun Pirates on patrol.

I would like to see a come back from TE but if not at least another battle scenario please.

Forever Remain

Jan. 13, 2018, 6:38 p.m.

Ovsianka is correct, this mode led to a completely different and in my opinion, better playstyle. It forced coordination and it made me not want to die so I had to play better. The problem was everyone hated waiting for the next round if they died early. It should just be one round and done. Boost the fighter damages a tad so they feel like they are still contributing or just allow us to leave and start another battle without losing exp or money. One life per battle is one thing World of Tanks got right. I want a challenge and right now this game feels too easy because I can respawn 5 seconds after I die and within a few moments be right back in the fight. Death needs a real penalty or the combat will get mindless and boring I will go back to WOT.

Jan. 13, 2018, 9:14 p.m.

Ducarius#7273 posted (#post-205637) said:

Ovsianka is correct, this mode led to a completely different and in my opinion, better playstyle. It forced coordination and it made me not want to die so I had to play better. The problem was everyone hated waiting for the next round if they died early. It should just be one round and done. Boost the fighter damages a tad so they feel like they are still contributing or just allow us to leave and start another battle without losing exp or money. One life per battle is one thing World of Tanks got right. I want a challenge and right now this game feels too easy because I can respawn 5 seconds after I die and within a few moments be right back in the fight. Death needs a real penalty or the combat will get mindless and boring I will go back to WOT.

The problem is average players can't and won't play for the better, they play for entertainment. And TE is pure stress, not entertainment.

It's like comparing WOT world championship with normal ladder games. Sure world championship is much better quality, but you can see which one players prefer.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Jan. 13, 2018, 10:19 p.m.

Nemo, the whole point of player vs player games is to be "stressed" and challenged and improve. The people who don't want to be stressed are off playing PVE games. Comparing TE in this game to championship WOT is not accurate. Regular WOT has one life and you are out, it has been a huge success despite the fact that everybody only has one gun.

My most memorable battles there are the ones where it was me or me and one other person as the only ones left alive facing off against several more opponents. I will never forget the time I was alone in a JagdPanther vs 5 other people and won with half my team still in spectator mode cheering me on, giving me advice and trying to help me keep track of the last positions and directions of the enemies. My hands were shaking when I won. I want that in this game too and the only time I've felt it a bit was TE.

Jan. 14, 2018, 2:29 a.m.

Sad to hear there is no comeback for TE anytime soon. I really like the idea of team elimination - it's like the non-fastfood-version of the game. I really hope it will come back some time, changed not too much.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Jan. 14, 2018, 2:55 a.m.

Ducarius#7273 posted (#post-205659) said:

Nemo, the whole point of player vs player games is to be "stressed" and challenged and improve. The people who don't want to be stressed are off playing PVE games. Comparing TE in this game to championship WOT is not accurate. Regular WOT has one life and you are out, it has been a huge success despite the fact that everybody only has one gun.

My most memorable battles there are the ones where it was me or me and one other person as the only ones left alive facing off against several more opponents. I will never forget the time I was alone in a JagdPanther vs 5 other people and won with half my team still in spectator mode cheering me on, giving me advice and trying to help me keep track of the last positions and directions of the enemies. My hands were shaking when I won. I want that in this game too and the only time I've felt it a bit was TE.

And yet, if no-one is playing it then it's not wanted. Clearly there is some issue with the mode if only a very small subset of players enjoyed it.

For myself the concept is fine, but with next to no-one playing the mode it was a stillborn launch. Getting the dailies and achviements were unobtainable so that's extra fustrating. Glad it's removed.

Jan. 14, 2018, 6:30 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 14, 2018, 6:31 a.m.

DN_MiguelItUp#0468 posted (#post-205505) said: This lead to us removing it from the “Any” game mode rotation to see how well it would do on its own, and truth is, it didn’t. It got to a point where players that purposely queued for Team Elimination would almost never find a match, even if they joined as a squad.

Daxten#3759 posted (#post-205669) said: And yet, if no-one is playing it then it's not wanted. Clearly there is some issue with the mode if only a very small subset of players enjoyed it.

Well, I guess it might have something to do with devs sneakingly removing it from "Any" game mode. Dunno about statistics, but I queue for "Any" 99% of the time. When it stopped putting me in TE matches I just assumed the mode is completely gone. It could be done better, for example with multiple choice game mode selection so that players could specify explicitly which modes they want to avoid.

"Plentitude, when too plentitudinous, was worst than destitution, for—obviously—what could one do, if there was nothing one could not?" - Stanisław Lem, The Cyberiad: Fables for the Cybernetic Age (1967), translation by Michael Kandel (1974)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.