FORUMS

The Status Of Team Elimination

Posted: //
Jan. 15, 2018, 12:13 p.m.

Solokonto#4004 posted (#post-205806) said:

thats definetely a huge issue, every mode should provide a minimum of certain income. the income on xp and cash should also reflect the time invested as well as the performance.

thats sadly not the case.

And thats especially problematic with TE, you get killed in the first minute and you lose esentially the whole round regarding performance, as the small fighters cannot do a lot.

You guys might not be aware but TE had some bugs and issues, so if you knew them you could get an advantage out of them.

What annoyed me the most was the fact that thanks to the small fighters out of combat self-regen was impossible, forcing you to bring at least one tac and that tac even needed self-heal or you could just grind it down with the flies. Then the Corvettes that would just fly circles to make the round end via timeout, or the timeout stalemates of two teams sitting at spawns shooting the supported Dreads, making most ships useless. Then the insane usefulness of Despereate Measures. And issues like the fighters triggering mines, so you could not use them at all. And the insanely strong AMLs of the fighters. Probably forgot some more...

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 16, 2018, 11:53 a.m.

Just my $0.02:

TE should be split into a couple different game modes.

One we could call "Fleet Elimination". You take five ships into the match, and you can only use each once. This makes it so that if you die in the first minute because you got caught with your pants down (which happens A LOT in this game to begin with), you're not waiting around for the next 10 twiddling your thumbs.

The other would be Team Pitched Battle: 20v20, single life. It simulates large pitched battles, and it's big enough that the first team to lose a player isn't necessarily at a huge disadvantage (which currently they are in TE).

Jan. 17, 2018, 4:35 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 17, 2018, 4:38 p.m.

Why not simply push Team Elimination as events, with prize incentives like GP? Like others have said the TE payout was not balanced at all vs other modes.

I didn't have a problem with the game mode, personally, but I can imagine why people did.

When it was in Any, it wasn't very distinctive from the other game modes, sometimes you'd forget you were in it.

Also I think a big problem is one of the bigger matchmaking problems, which could be easily solved I think: when you load into a match, you simply default to the first ship in your fleet - particularly when you join a match late/post-lobby, or like me you play the game on high/ultra or whatever settings which prolongs the map loading times to the point where you have virtually no time to respond to ship selection prompts. So a simple fix in the hangar would be to pick which ship in the fleet is your flagship, as a right-click option, rather than having to remove all the ships from your fleet and put them in the order you want, I can just choose my flagship based on my mood, before I even begin queueing for a match. Because what would happen is I'd load into a TE after its too late to pick a ship, and get stuck with one of my ships better suited for onslaught or something.

You could also go ahead an suspend the ready-timer for TE matches, or extend it significantly, so teams have ample time to ready-up, coordinate ship selections, and even talk shop for a minute or two. That way your team doesn't just default into a mash of randomness. The prominent outcome should be that most matches only begin when all 10 or however many players have actually readied up, or at least a significant portion of them (85% of the lobby).

The fighters also weren't particlarly amazing - my biggest ??? with them was wondering why for small craft they had about the same maneuverability (or worse) than most of the main ships in the game. Like if I shoot peanuts can I at least do my own stunt flying? Sheesh.

Another thing you can do is add events on the map - not powerups, exactly, something you have to do some DPS to, or a capture-point objective/beacon [more brainstorming required] which allows team members to respawn - so instead of TE per se, you're playing Cops and Robbers in a way, so that the game becomes about which team can wipe the other off the map yes (or end the round with the most capital ships), but with the twist that your comrades could turn the tide with major reinforcements (the whole dead team, or a randomly selected dead team mate) at a crucial moment, or your hope could be stripped away from you when the winning side claims the revival perk instead. This could also be something that could be done with the efforts of those dead players via their fighters, so they don't feel they are just in baby-pewpew ship purgatory but can actually still cause a major shift in the tide of battle. This would also force teams to keep moving to find these tactical objectives and break up stalemates.

Jan. 19, 2018, 6:17 p.m.

es liegt aber ein Problem vor der Server wurde nicht von 7:00 uhr bis um 20:00 uhr zugemacht sondern um 0:00

Jan. 19, 2018, 7:33 p.m.

I would love to see a 20 on 20 battle in this game, but I wonder how tough that is on the average PC.

Jan. 20, 2018, 4:01 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 20, 2018, 4:09 a.m.

I think the failure is not the team elimination mode but rather the way you can choose what game type you want to scan for when you are looking for a match.

It is not because people were not interested that it died, it died because you removed it from the ANY option... because everyone chooses the ANY game match making because there are not enough players to specifically choose a single game type, be it onslaught or other.... without sufering through a long wait time... So everyone gave up on it not because they did not want to play but because not enough people specifically chose it as a match making option.

Really this is like saying no one likes pecan pie because there are not enough sales, but there are not enough sales because you placed the pecan pie rack in the soap department... Frankly I'm getting tired of apple and blueberry pies...

Really I hope one of your priorities is fixing the match making options to allow us the ability to select

1) What game types we want, having check boxes for every mode

2) What level we want, having check boxes for recruit, veteran and legendary...

that way I can set it all up and forget about it and play any game at any level without me having to go back and forth through the options.

I am not sure how one would coordinate the match making with all those options when some people are waiting for a match of their type to be available, but it will never happen because the ones also interested are busy playing another game, likely not their prefered type of game either... some way of prioritising the match type and possibly queue people up even as they are playing a game, so that we can do something while people line up for the match type we want....

BTW Legendary is dying for the exact same reason. No one is wanting to even try to get a match there. I personally have not been able to for days and then I simply gave up.

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Jan. 20, 2018, 8:06 a.m.

I saw the announcement about technical works , January 19 from 4PM to 7PM CST. But it is already 20 January and 7AM CST - the server is not available ...

Jan. 20, 2018, 8:08 a.m.

Just check out the wikipedia article of Yager Development and u know whats the problem.

Jan. 20, 2018, 8:36 a.m.

Because wikki is reliable and has never been changed by some one salty.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 20, 2018, 6:03 p.m.

There should be minimim of xp you get out of a round, cause not everyone manages to achieve kills and this is kind of frustrating to those ones trying to grind some green credits as well. I've been organising some of these matches, but the majority who participated, didn't really like the idea of playing a match about half an hour just for some 1500 credits and contract completion. Minimum of 150 points a round would be nice. Support kills , damage dealing should generate more points and tactical cruisers kills as well,

Vae Victis

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.