FORUMS

DN Community Update - 1/19/18

Posted: //
Jan. 20, 2018, 10:42 a.m.

SirRufus#6510 posted (#post-206643) said:

Dont get me wrong, i like your game but i would suggest that you start your marketing and make t5 matchmaking playable again. Its not only me waiting for months to have a chance to test his first t5 ship. Atm you are forced to play veteran again and again, having the same enemys like in the last 10 games. #YesYouCan

what do you want to test on your T5 ship??? its like the T4 one, as far as i see. well it wil do some more dmg, but also have more hull, same speed like T4... so not really a difference, exapt the part that you play in legendary only with T4 and T5, no T3 with weaker modules between them

Jan. 20, 2018, 10:43 a.m.

but the update itself sounds well at moment

Jan. 20, 2018, 12:07 p.m.

salut, je voudrais s'avoir si c'est normale que le serveur soit toujours en maintenance ? je voie qui a eu une mise a jour hier ( le 19 ) mais aujourd'hui je voie pas de mise a jour, mais j'arrive pas a me connecté.

Hi, I would like to know if it is normal that the server is always in maintenance? I see who had an update yesterday (19) but today I see no update, but I can not connect me.

ps: désolé la parti en anglais est faite avec google traduction ( sorry the party in English is done with google translation ).

Jan. 20, 2018, 1:38 p.m.

The maintenance was continued and is still on going, check out DN official twitter for more upto date info onthe maintenance progression

Jan. 21, 2018, 12:10 a.m.

W4R-DN#4622 posted (#post-206629) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-206550) said:

You keep the unlock, but the credit cost will go up.

Why? right now you get out of a vet battle with BB about twice as much XP as you get credits

Same goes for the module cost XP 2:1 credits

Seems fine to me

It goes up because the update ALSO increased the cost of everything. By a significant margin. They did not simply redistribute the cost of the ship unlock to all the modules. they increased the total cost at T IV by almost double, and the T V unlock by nearly 3x. they somewhat reduced the cost at TI, TII, and TIII but the total reduction is equal to the cost of a handful of the T IV or T V modules. In addition, for ships that you already unlocked and purchased the cost of ship modules for the previous ship has been increased, so even though you have 'paid' by unlocking the next ship, you have to pay again (cost redistribution + cost increase) when you buy the modules that you have not yet purchased. Similarly if you have unlocked everything except the next ship prepare to have to unlock EVEN MORE because the new 'unlock a certain number of modules' requires you to unlock and then buy a significant number of the modules in a tree . . . . which now all cost much more.

LT;DR We reduced the pain to get to T IV a little in exchange for a lot more pain at T IV and T V . . . which you still can't get a game in.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Jan. 21, 2018, 1:27 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 21, 2018, 1:28 a.m.

@Licrono Yes i know

i didn't notice they were talking of the PS4 version, i thought module prices will go up even more on pc

luckily thats not the case

looking forward to the upcoming update ... it will still take an eternity to go to T5 but atleast i can play with the modules i like

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

Jan. 23, 2018, 6:29 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 23, 2018, 6:40 a.m.

Can someone just clarify something for me please? I'm on PS4 so I'm just trying to figure out how the new update will work. On PC at the moment do you have to buy (rather than just research) a certain number of modules in order to unlock the next ship in the tree?

The update sounds great, btw!

Edit: never mind, I missed the post above. It seems yes. Follow up question: how many modules do you need to buy for a T4 to unlock a T5?

Jan. 23, 2018, 8:48 a.m.

You need to buy 17 modules to get from a T4-T5.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 23, 2018, 8:56 a.m.

Great, thanks.

Jan. 23, 2018, 10:04 a.m.

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-206811) said:

W4R-DN#4622 posted (#post-206629) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-206550) said:

You keep the unlock, but the credit cost will go up.

Why? right now you get out of a vet battle with BB about twice as much XP as you get credits

Same goes for the module cost XP 2:1 credits

Seems fine to me

It goes up because the update ALSO increased the cost of everything. By a significant margin. They did not simply redistribute the cost of the ship unlock to all the modules. they increased the total cost at T IV by almost double, and the T V unlock by nearly 3x. they somewhat reduced the cost at TI, TII, and TIII but the total reduction is equal to the cost of a handful of the T IV or T V modules. In addition, for ships that you already unlocked and purchased the cost of ship modules for the previous ship has been increased, so even though you have 'paid' by unlocking the next ship, you have to pay again (cost redistribution + cost increase) when you buy the modules that you have not yet purchased. Similarly if you have unlocked everything except the next ship prepare to have to unlock EVEN MORE because the new 'unlock a certain number of modules' requires you to unlock and then buy a significant number of the modules in a tree . . . . which now all cost much more.

LT;DR We reduced the pain to get to T IV a little in exchange for a lot more pain at T IV and T V . . . which you still can't get a game in.

Sorry mate, I´m actually on PS4 so I need to rely on your data to get it correct... According to this link minimum cost to advance is less then pre 1.10... not by a big margin but reduced non the less (as was promised). T5 gets the short end of the stick because the Modules just get more expensive without the compensation of not having to buy a new shipclass.

So where does your conclusion come from?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.