FORUMS

Dreadnaughts can be more powerful

Posted: //
Jan. 20, 2018, 3:33 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 20, 2018, 3:47 a.m.

As dreadnaughts are the largest ship in the game and also serve as the name of this game, why not make them more powerful and balance this with less exp earned from kills and more death punishment, like more score and exp for the enemy and greater respawn time for the player?

These changes can also be done to destroyers, and for covettes we can do the oposite. For exmample we can give dreadnoughts have 1.5 time the damage and health they have now, and 2/3 for the corvettes, at the same time dreadnoughts earn 1/2 exp from kills, while corvettes earn double.

After all, it is strange to see that a tiny corvette is as inportant as a huge dreadnought, and all thoes weapon batteries on a huge dreadnought actually do less damage then several small guns on a destroyer.

Jan. 20, 2018, 7:13 a.m.

Dreadnoughts are as good or bad as the captain in charge of them. I've seen them close to impossible to kill, or them take no effort at all.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 20, 2018, 7:22 a.m.

Im not with your opinion in this matter and ill say why. With the things like they are now with super healing bubble of several tacs together its very hard to kill a Dread, and you want to give more health to them? I particulary dont like battles of 2 or 3 tacs and 3 dreads advancing slow toward enemy fleets an you cant do nothing against them because of the nonsense of power healing. Yes there are some options against it but you will probably end dead trying in most cases. "IF" they fix it in later patches then well see how the battles go and then maybe what you ask will be a need for dreads but until then i dont like the idea of giving dread class more HP. DPS maybe or at least give the shells more velocity bc against fast ships is a pain to aim. This is mostly my personal opinion, as a artillery main ship user i also would like corvettes with paper armor but this is bc of the rage of being killed many times

Jan. 20, 2018, 7:53 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 20, 2018, 7:59 a.m.

I understand what you says, but I don’t think the health of dreads have much to do with that problem. I guess that’s mostly due to the healing speed is too fast.

Perhaps the developers should take a look at WOWS and divide damage into several types. For example damage done by destroyer and dread main guns are considered surface damage, their damage amount is increased but can be healed in a greater speed. On the other hand the damage done by artillery cruiser main guns and ram are considered structural damage and very difficult to be healed.

Or there is another solution, every time a ship take damage, some of the damage, perhaps 80%, are considered surface damage and can be healed, while other 20% are considered structural damage and can’t he healed.

Sorry I can't quote your message or I'll get 404 error

Jan. 20, 2018, 7:56 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-206652) said:

Dreadnoughts are as good or bad as the captain in charge of them. I've seen them close to impossible to kill, or them take no effort at all.

So you mean dread is the class whose performance depends the most heavily on the player’s skill? That’s reasonable, but I don’t think it have much to do with this topic...

Jan. 20, 2018, 8:02 a.m.

It has everything to do with this topic. Give me a dread with more health and I'll bable to manage my cooldowns and shield energy even better, making me harder to kill. Now add a Tac to the mix and I'll never die.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 20, 2018, 8:03 a.m.

I think doing that would meant a drastical change to the game mechanic and im not sure if that would affect to other classes making them worse but its a valid idea. As i said well have to wait until next patch changing healers to see how that affect to the healing power.

Jan. 20, 2018, 9:02 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-206668) said:

It has everything to do with this topic. Give me a dread with more health and I'll bable to manage my cooldowns and shield energy even better, making me harder to kill. Now add a Tac to the mix and I'll never die.

Ok...Perhaps I am a bit lack of experience

Jan. 20, 2018, 9:35 a.m.

Trust me you won't like playing against my dread

Dreadnoughts have enough fire power, not burst kind of fire power, but sustainable fire power with repeater gun/retaliator/armor amp

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Jan. 22, 2018, 9:35 a.m.

Believe me, you will know that you are screwed, when I am turning my jutland and point my broadside batteries at you.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.