FORUMS

Balancing healers

Posted: //
Jan. 20, 2018, 8:06 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 20, 2018, 8:07 a.m.

Some people complains that healing is a bit too powerful, and several healers gathering together are very difficult to kill. However simply reduce healing speed may make tactical cruisers too weak. I have teo idea which may help solve this problem.

The first solution is that damage taken form different sources takes different time to heal. For example damage done by destroyer and dread main guns are considered surface damage, their damage amount is increased but can be healed in a greater speed. On the other hand the damage done by artillery cruiser main guns and ram are considered structural damage and very difficult to be healed.

Or there is another solution, every time a ship take damage, some of the damage, perhaps 80%, are considered surface damage and can be healed, while other 20% are considered structural damage and can’t he healed.

Jan. 20, 2018, 8:53 a.m.

that's what corvettes are for

Jan. 20, 2018, 9:33 a.m.

Healers are a bit of a no-brainer to play, but that doesn't mean they are overpowered (though certain builds are). If anything I would want a more balanced match making that "fixing" healers.

2 pilots shooting at the same time will certainly take out any healer

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Jan. 20, 2018, 10:30 a.m.

well, not really, sometimes it is enough to have two healers, they don't even need to hide, they are just indestructable, and all othewr ships close to them also. and what corvetes are made for isn't killing heals, the heals are the main-counter against corvettes, so you're wrong with that. the only thing able to counter two well-played healers are 5 artillery ships shooting on one at the same time... impossible in my oppinion, so i think theese healballs need a real rework, like two healing pods interfere each other, wich means one works fine, if there are two or more, they don't work anymore or maybe are together as effective as one alone is. than shorter range for the mainweapon, cause it is a tac-cruiser, not an artillery

and last but not least, and that for all ships, make a team not able to have more that 3 ships (2 healer) of the same type at the same time aktive

Jan. 20, 2018, 10:33 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 20, 2018, 10:35 a.m.

"and what corvetes are made for isn't killing heals, the heals are the main-counter against corvettes, so you're wrong with that"

I don't think there's right and wrong in that.

For me going around the opposing fleet with a corvette and attacking/destroying healers and ACs works quite well.

Jan. 20, 2018, 11:13 a.m.

Reduce the range of the healing more severely at range.

Jan. 20, 2018, 11:14 a.m.

Perhaps heavy covettes can counter healer while lighter ones cannot?

Jan. 20, 2018, 11:27 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 20, 2018, 11:33 a.m.

To much complaning on how healers op and people dont know how to proper counter that. I had plenty matches where oposite team had 2 up to 4 healers and there are several tactics that you can efective use : 1. Use Destroyer tactic with a drain torpedo and torpedo nuke, tac cruisers have low hp once they drained and get hit by nuke they dead. 2. Use Corvetts for harasing and disrupting their heals while able to kill at leas 1 of the healers if your close, same thing here is to have drain torpedoes and distrupter pulse or scrambler. 3. Use Artilary Cruisers with catapult on them or rapid fire depending on the ship, plus with a mobile cloak you can get close and use catapult and boom there goes the healers. 4. Combined asault of 2 dreads with one corvets with scrambler or disruptor and nukes and job is done. 5. Have dedicated corvete players in your team that constantly haras the healers(if your in a squad) or your playing with your clan. 6. Total dmg anihilation is to have all your team move as one and target each enemy one at a time- this has been done so many times and people had no suport healers on the team when they done it and the oposite team ran with 3 healers or more.

Jan. 20, 2018, 1:48 p.m.

Healers cant heal multiple targets at once, have long range ships target healers while, dreads and destroyers close in on the healball and harassing the healers as much as possible. Played as a healer many times, pressure works well for healers, they cant both keep up their shields and health, if they did the other half of the team would then suffer from lack of heals and suffer As a Destroyer, dont go Tempests (take too long to travel and can be countered by op cover) and Torpedos - Distruptor Missile and Drain pulse/ Drain Torpedo and WeaponBooster pulse will be enough keep them in check As a vette - Sneak Sneak Sneak, w8 for a friendly to make a charge for the enemy team distracting everyone from you Builds - Disruptor Pulse is a must if you want to destroy any arty/healers/vettes Dreadnoughts - Stop being a pansy and move on the enemy team while focus firing healers or anything that is out of healer range/ignored. If you have 2 healers, go nuts, use shields get in there spam those missile and broadsides for massive effect - your secondary weapons Repeater gun are the most powerful gun throughout all tiers and amazingly boost well with PtW Arty - Shoot at healers when you can, Bomb Cata/Purge mode/ Rapid Fire Mode/ Siege Mode whenever a healer is sitting still, if you cant, aim for any ships which arent getting heals or are soloing

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.