FORUMS

Module cooldown on respawn

Posted: //
Jan. 24, 2018, 4:32 p.m.

Currently when you die and respawn which takes no time at all, all modules finish cooldown instantly. This inevitably enables ridiculous kamikazi setups such as destroyers with Plasma Ram + Drain Torpedo + Scrambler Pulse + Jump Drive spam, who will return every 30 seconds to launch undefendable attacks and die immediately after. Is this what is intended?

Why not make it so that deaths don't reset module cooldowns?

Jan. 24, 2018, 4:47 p.m.

If there's someone running that cheese build keep your head on a swivel. They are quite easy to see coming and counter, as thier HP is paper thin.

Jan. 24, 2018, 6:21 p.m.

Don't forget often overlooked but imperative strategical and tactical positioning.

Jan. 24, 2018, 10:28 p.m.

Right now in Veteram matches I get 2-4 T4 ships in a team on average and the rest are T3, and these ships don't have the crowd control required to slow kamikazis down or kill them before one of my team gets killed no matter how much the entire team pays attention; then rinse and repeat T_T

Jan. 24, 2018, 11:14 p.m.

It's kind of strange, but I have never managed to get that combination of plasma ram, drain torpedo, and warp jump to work with my Dola. Should I be trying it with an Otranto instead? Or just wait to unlock everything at Tier 4 (with a Vindicta)? With the skill tree prices currently set as they are, I can't see me doing this in a Tier 4 before the skill tree gets changed again. It's actually really frustrating.

Actually, what I have observed with this combination is a bit unfortunate. In a team deathmatch, the side who has their ships die 25 times is the side that loses. In Onslaught things are somewhat better for the faster ships in that the command ship kills count much more toward winning than other player kills, so that even if it takes two or three deaths, a command ship kill will still earn your side a net profit, and you a pretty big score. But player kills still count a lot toward winning. Enough so that I have seen Onslaught matches being lost by with few command ship deaths because the team's ships get killed too often. That's bad news for the suicidal Plasma Ram and the suicidal corvette. Unless you can consistently take out two ships before you get taken out, you aren't really doing your team any good.

Though I will admit you seem to get paid a lot for it if you actually can consistently make one kill per suicide run this way.

So how do I get this to work?

Jan. 25, 2018, 11:02 a.m.

When i see that who's try use on me Plasma Ram, i activate shield, and stay alive is very easy.

Jan. 25, 2018, 1:20 p.m.

uhh... Plasma ram goes through shields.

Jan. 25, 2018, 1:33 p.m.

Ennemy team using suicidal tactics seems like a good thing to me. Each class has stasis ammo, pulses, missiles or beams, so it's actually really easy to stop a ramming destroyer (if you see it coming, that is).

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Jan. 25, 2018, 4:31 p.m.

@Konril Based on my experience (others may vary), Drain Torpedo is uneccessary on most Plasma Ram loadouts because Plasma Ram completely ignores/bypasses shields (but not armor modules); it is usually more useful to have Disruptor Missile as your secondary module so that you can also ram ships that have armor modules. You may also want to consider using Thrust Amplifier as your Internal Module; personally, I find Plasma Ram + Warp Jump discombobulating to use (extremely difficult to correctly line up Warp Jump with the necessary accuracy to have the exact Warp Jump-exit point and ship orientation desired), whereas Thrust Amplifier allows a smoother, easier-to-aim attack approach.

The Dola is the hardest ship with which to use Plasma Ram due to its sluggishness, even with Warp Jump. Though hypothetically it could be a powerful ship to use Plasma Ram on due to its greater HP and close-range weapon damage, the extreme difficulty of predicting exact Warp Jump-exit point and the Dola's sluggishness enables more agile ships to rather easily dodge/avoid ramming attacks; the Dola still does not have enough HP to easily attack even more sluggish dreadnoughts.

Ontranto should be easier to use Plasma Ram on, though still not a cakewalk (even using Plasma Ram on the Vindicta takes time, effort, and practice to use skilfully). You will need to be sneaky, use cover, and carefully select (vulnerable) targets that you can reach without getting yourself killed.

Be sure to use Flak secondaries on your ram ships, as you will be within range to use them during your ram attack.

Also, eventually obtaining Officer Briefings (ex. Module Amper, Engine Rigger) that are stuck behind the T4 wall will make using Plasma Ram a bit easier.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.