FORUMS

Teamplay versus playerbase

Posted: //
Jan. 28, 2018, 1:54 p.m.

Hi,

he is right. The MM cant make fair Matches, because of the small Playerbase. Most of the Players are gone after the wipe. It seems, there are no or only very less new players. I indeed with him, if newbys are ganked by exprienced and well fitted players, they playing 2-3 matches and going away. The solution is, dont mix endgame stuff with stock players. If this dont work, and new players didnt staying here to play, the result will be that you cant play anymore and the game is lost. To be honest.. i think its already to late anyway. cu

Jan. 29, 2018, 1:22 p.m.

I dont think it's too late, yet. But MM should be adjusted somehow to prevent those stomps at least a little.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Jan. 29, 2018, 1:43 p.m.

My "favorite" (sarcasm) is when I (a level 50 player) get put on the same team as the squad of 4 level 50s, while the other team has all level 40 players and below. Matchmaker doesn't even prevent that from happening!

Jan. 29, 2018, 3:41 p.m.

how about 5v5 and 8v8 existing side by side where solo que is 5v5 and teamplay with squads is mostly 8v8

Jan. 29, 2018, 7:40 p.m.

They need to work on mm I would like to see tier 1 just play tier 1 do a slight buff to tier 2 and just have 2 and 3 paired togeather tier 3 now is basically useless and unplayable. Then lastly have tiers 4 and 5 matched togeather thats my two cents anyhow.

Jan. 29, 2018, 7:43 p.m.

Kurt_Hustle, you should read my thread of why I'm giving up the game. "I'm Gone, Bye Bye" is the title. I think a lot of players are becoming ex-players.

Jan. 30, 2018, 2:29 a.m.

This is not a goodbye for me. Ive spend hundreds of hours in this game, I've spent a good amount of money on this game and I still enjoy it. But there are things that might help it keeping more players at it. This thread should make some players aware of what they are doing to the playerbase in the first place, but unfortunately i have not seen a post of those yet. And since no dev gave a his/her two cents on this, the given problem seems not to be as big as I thought it is. However, there were some nice suggestions on how to evade this, so whenever this problem becomes a problem the devs feel they need to do something about, they might look it up here

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Jan. 30, 2018, 9:29 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 30, 2018, 9:31 a.m.

Work with me here; the next sentence about an idea is going to sound dumb, but wait for the explanation afterwards.

Perhaps if some sort of mechanism were implemented where there would be an option to randomly distribute your organized group (or squad) between the two teams, rather than keeping them all one side. A bunch of us in Discord regularly make a gigantic VoIP channel with like 8+ players; sometimes we do make 2-3 squads and synchronize queue so it's squad vs. squad, but often we also solo queue and synchronize so that we have a good chance of all getting into the same match. Personally, I find synchronized solo queue a blast because even if some of your friends are on the other team, you're still playing with your friends; it's fun to make light-hearted teases and silly retorts like, "Nooooo, stop shooting me, Greywolf!" Also, 4 times out of 5 the matches are really close; stomps are rather rare with this group synchronized solo queuing.

Therefore, I think it would be great if an option mechanism could be implemented to ensure that your preformed group (or squad) would all get into the same match, but distribute the members randomly between the two teams. Sure, currently the Rejoin Battle button works similar to this, but first you have to get everyone you want into the same match and then everyone has to remember to click Rejoin; people also may want to change loadouts too, but that can't be done with clicking Rejoin.

Jan. 30, 2018, 3:40 p.m.

Kurt_Hustle#0982 posted (#post-207628) said:

This is not a goodbye for me. Ive spend hundreds of hours in this game, I've spent a good amount of money on this game and I still enjoy it. But there are things that might help it keeping more players at it. This thread should make some players aware of what they are doing to the playerbase in the first place, but unfortunately i have not seen a post of those yet. And since no dev gave a his/her two cents on this, the given problem seems not to be as big as I thought it is. However, there were some nice suggestions on how to evade this, so whenever this problem becomes a problem the devs feel they need to do something about, they might look it up here

It has been discussed before, but I think the problem ultimately stems from people innately being creatures that favor the path of least resistance(which is compounded/encouraged by the requisite 'grind' that was added to the progression system). People simple have more "fun" when they play together as a squad that is pubstomping people than when they have to face a fair or uphill battle(people typically don't like to lose - their fantasy is being the hero that saves the day) - stomping less experienced players also a more effecient way to progress through the system.

Over the months and years of the game, a good number of the core community(mostly centered around the Discord channel) have come to the realization of the destructive consequences of playing that selfishly(or get bored of the lack of challenging opponents) and try to change things up. However, there are still a lot/majority of players who are either oblivious or simply don't care about the fun of other people - so long as they get their own fun.

Jan. 30, 2018, 7 p.m.

What you described Szeron is exactly why I won't be playing this game often anymore. Too many highly experienced players abusing "cheap" moves to get tons of kills on clearly weaker opponents. Any complaints come off as just crying that we suck when we know there's a huge disadvantage from T3 to T4. "Git gud nub" is a common answer in the forum from my experience.

Just a casual gamer trying to play the game

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.