FORUMS

Product Lifetime

Posted: //
Jan. 30, 2018, 10:45 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 30, 2018, 10:50 a.m.

Hello dear fellow Captains,

i know - nobody of you got a glass sphere or can look into the future. (well, maybe there is one - then please reply to this)

I´m a kind of older gamer, i have seen many games passing by. Im just wondering what the expected lifetime of Dreadnought will be? Im there since about march 2016. Oh my gosh - two years went by already.

For what a lifespan a F2P game like DN is designed? 5 years, 8 years....will the servers shut down next summer?

I dont expect the lifetime of Starcraft 1, but this thought really influences my decisions on how much money i invest in a game.

Gimme your opinions with all your considerations you take into account (playerbase, monetization, etc.)

Thx and best regards Micro

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.”

Jan. 30, 2018, 10:51 a.m.

For as long as it brings in more than it costs it will be playable.

It's a weird situation, on one hand they can only continue if players contribute financially but on the other hand some players will only pay if they know it can last for a while.

In my opinion the only thing that should be the factor is how much a player likes the game.

Jan. 30, 2018, 11:14 a.m.

Between now and the heat death of the sun.

The game seems healthy, I see plenty of Hero ships/ships with hero ships cosmetics ingame, granted they seem to be the cheaper T2-T3 hero ships, but thats still money coming in. So people are spending, on the PC at lest. At peek times you tend to get 2-4 people with Elite time per team too. So theres that too.

But realisticly unless you can fine finantals for the game online somewhere, we are not going to know. I don't know of that maney game developers/Publishers that do show there financals. I know NCsoft do, for all there games.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 30, 2018, 12:03 p.m.

The reason for the f2p modell was a long life-time. So the plan was most likely 10+ years, however maybe not with 100% dev attention.

But as already mentioned, will run as long as it brings in enough money.

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 30, 2018, 2:28 p.m.

Only 10+ years? That is by far not enough!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Jan. 30, 2018, 3:19 p.m.

Wasn't Paragon popular? Barely made it two years.

Jan. 30, 2018, 4:07 p.m.

Must have been. I didn't even know about Paragon till last week when it was announced it was closing down. But games failing is not uncommon. Even pay to play games go bye bye. Some even go free to play to stay open. Like ToR did.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.