FORUMS

PS4 CR UPDATE 1 FEEDBACK MEGATHREAD

Posted: //
Feb. 3, 2018, 3:44 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 3, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

I cant get in a Team Elimination game 4 the life of me, Which won't let me complete the carreer progress or the contracts. I cant reroll the contract either, as i already rolled it, to get a game mode that isnt working.

Feb. 3, 2018, 5:03 p.m.

The Good:

I can actually see where I'm aiming now; that reticle fix was something I didn't even know I needed!

Moar ship customization! Moar ways to make our ships our own!

The Bad:

LOADING. LAG. EVERYWHERE. IM HAVING TO WAIT UPWARDS OF MINUTES JUST TO SWITCH MENUS.

Still no news on reducing that grind; it's still jarring to see those numbers...

Some menu elements got WORSE. Some text is so small it's practically unreadable (timer cooldowns)

Still only two controller layouts; still finicky touchpad problems (and no, it isn't just me and my controller)

Feb. 3, 2018, 7:17 p.m.

the new patch has decreased the load times a bit for me but the menue and swapping between hangars and ships is painfully slow and thats on a ps4 pro with SSHD. I really like this game but I spend more time looking at blank screens that actually doing anything game related.

Feb. 5, 2018, 10:05 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 5, 2018, 10:08 a.m.

Definitely having problems with the touchpad. If you have anything activated (shields, engines or weapons) any accidental tap/touch of the pad disables it. You don't even need to swipe down to turn it off. Considering that the touchpad is the biggest "button" on the contrller, it becomes too easy to accidentally deactivate the energy management.

The touchpad energy management wasn't all that good to start with but this patch has made it a lot more difficult to use. Stop messing with it and assign it to the dpad buttons already.

Feb. 5, 2018, 11:49 a.m.

Shibiwan#0183 posted (#post-208841) said:

Definitely having problems with the touchpad. If you have anything activated (shields, engines or weapons) any accidental tap/touch of the pad disables it. You don't even need to swipe down to turn it off. Considering that the touchpad is the biggest "button" on the contrller, it becomes too easy to accidentally deactivate the energy management.

The touchpad energy management wasn't all that good to start with but this patch has made it a lot more difficult to use. Stop messing with it and assign it to the dpad buttons already.

It has gotten a bit worse for me with the most recent patch as well. My main issue is that the weapon power increase one seems to need an extra big swipe to be turnt on now.

Feb. 13, 2018, 2:01 p.m.

reduced prooving ground rewards by 50% and they where allready low past tier 1 prior to this update. forcing pve players into pvp is not how you prevent them from uninstaling the game.

Feb. 27, 2018, 1:02 p.m.

DN_MiguelItUp#0468 posted (#post-207704) said:

PS4 CR Update 1 is now live and out in the wild! With it comes a number of new things, like load time improvements, improved short commands, revamped module screens, and more! Do you have questions or input regarding CR Update 1? Let us know in this thread!

You can see the CR Update 1 patch notes here!

1. Swiping right or left on the touch pad seems to have the need to be too accurate. Needs to be less accurate. Not sure of the up and down swipes.

2. There needs to be an aiming speed adjustment so we can fine-tune our aiming.

3. Forward and backward movement on left stick needs to have some sort of dead zone adjustment so we can control our straight forward and backward movements better. Currently, when engaging targets overhead. This puts your ship out of view. The slightest left or right movement of the left stick will cause you to unknowingly turn your ship. I've had this happen on many occasions during heated battles. Big ships like Dreadnought are affected most due to their large size and very slow movement.

April 9, 2018, 11:47 a.m.

In consdieration to MrFlibble, that actually makes sense. Cant do anything with ship XP if its on a ship with locked out weapons systems. I experienced this with some confusion yesterday, myself.

April 18, 2018, 7:20 p.m.

I feel the need to ask because I never got a response to earlier mentions of this. I'm sure it's far out in projection, but is there any plans to integrate ps4 and pc players together? I know this is very much a possible feat and probably the only way to increase the playerbase enough to really cut down the long waits in between matches. Also I would hope the devs would consider allowing credits to be used for ship xp to free xp conversion. Currently, I have thousands of xp that would cost upward of ten or more dollars to attain. This seems counter productive to having battle bonuses for recruit fleets but then completely decentivising the use of them. It also keeps me from using my gold on things I'd rather spend it on like customisation options.

May 1, 2018, 7:53 p.m.

LEFTIE_86#6104 posted (#post-218169) said:

I feel the need to ask because I never got a response to earlier mentions of this. I'm sure it's far out in projection, but is there any plans to integrate ps4 and pc players together? I know this is very much a possible feat and probably the only way to increase the playerbase enough to really cut down the long waits in between matches. Also I would hope the devs would consider allowing credits to be used for ship xp to free xp conversion. Currently, I have thousands of xp that would cost upward of ten or more dollars to attain. This seems counter productive to having battle bonuses for recruit fleets but then completely decentivising the use of them. It also keeps me from using my gold on things I'd rather spend it on like customisation options.<

Regarding PS4/PC crossplay, that's a big challenge with multiple steps in between if that were to ever happen. That said, please tune into the dev stream tomorrow (or watch the VOD when we post it later) as some news will be shared that relates to having that path potentially happen some day.

As far as increasing the playerbase, tomorrow's discussions we hope will shed light on those plans too. For PS4, the region merge should greatly improve the queue times and we hope have more steps that will create an even better game overall that keeps people coming back with greater frequency.

Lastly, unfortunately conversion is our primary revenue generating mechanism. Unfortunately, not enough people buy vanity options to make that path alone a viable solution for the game. If we had 100X more players that might be viable, but we do not.

The battle bonuses at every tier are meant to accelerate your accumulation of XP (of any sort, convertible or not) and credits.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.