FORUMS

PC GAME UPDATE 1.11 BALANCING SPOTLIGHT - FEEDBACK THREAD

Posted: //
Jan. 31, 2018, 5:38 p.m.

So I really like the secondary loadout for every ship but does this mean that premium ships will also be getting a secondary loadout as well?

Jan. 31, 2018, 7 p.m.

Oh boy, a big update, lets dissect this down slightly. This gonna be long so anyone reading please bear with me. I'll also be using the same format as the notification.

Theme 1 As for Theme 1, I'm all for it. Having newer players get this kinda of kit to kinda have a test run with in T3 is very welcoming change, and I do appeaciate the note of non changing reseach cost, but I feel a slight decrease to compensate and spead it further out will also ease many peoples minds on the frankly excessive grind. As for the seconady loadouts, I am mixed on this. One thing about Dreadnought was that it really pushed for "your loadout" The one that you always go for. Something you can't change unless you plan to change for a whole game. However, that extra freedom of choice is nice.

Theme 2 Theme 2 I don't really feel it. The only issue I've ever experieced is the complete invisability of the mines and how you can't really position yourself 100% of the time to avoid their radius. I would like if the devs made it to where if you "slighted" your guns where mines are visible they would get a distance marker for you and your team. This would add a much more effective area denial because the way mines worked was you didn't see them at all. As for the Corvette mines, I personally would not change them. It encouraged a flyby method with the mines, you go close the gap and around 500m-400m while still flying you would pop them and they would all land around the target dealing the damage. Scrambler Mines I don't really see potential, they are more of a troll weap to harass the enemy. As for bombers I can't really say as my hours in dreadnoughts are lacking.

Theme 3 Theme 3 I see as inevitable. Arties since the last update with the tacs have had their spotlight. However its not really in their modules, catapults maybe though. The main issue with arties is how many ships that are bulk or tanks don't have the proper dps or range to deal with them. The Dola for exampe can tank the shots slighly, but unless they have tempest missles they are at the mercy of the arty. As for the palos and harwich becoming Corvette hunters. They simply don't have the mobility to target corvettes effectivly. And the main issue with them not being able to get the corvettes is due to their being focused by the main fleet by the enemy as they are a tactical, they can't heal directly, but they doesn't mean they can't using modules. While they are meant for killing corvettes, if you want them to really hunt corvettes a speed increase won't cut, they would need some sort of weird thrust amp or cloak unlike the emergency evac module.

All in all, the changes are pushing the game forward, but I feel some tools need to be given to compensate for some of these, and I don't really see some meta's changing due to this, what about the whole Pods issue? What about the 4 healer teams that simple waltz around the map for around 10 minutes? How are non squaded team going to be balanced with squaded teams? I really like this game for it's style and the ship combat and I would like to see this grow, but its those quality of life things I'm looking for as well. This update does look at balancing some things while trying to encourage certain tactics. I would recommend for the next update you focus things on a much more smaller detail, as those can heavily impact gameplay.

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" ~Admiral David Farragut

Jan. 31, 2018, 7:24 p.m.

Come to check on this dying game. Arming Times still here, massive grind still here welp, check back next month!

Glad to see the OP Arty disrupt beams were nerfed, course we warned you this would happen . . . as usuall.

Good too see that AFTER OVER A YEAR!!!! we finally got loadouts. I should be gladly jumping in . . . butttt see massive grind and arming times

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Jan. 31, 2018, 7:34 p.m.

Happy to see the extra mmodules for tier 3 and the buff on hp this should get newer players to que up on veteran matches .

Jan. 31, 2018, 7:50 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 31, 2018, 7:53 p.m.

I like the speedboost to the palos/harwich ... but how much faster is it now ? i'd like to have a maneuverability rating or the old speed in m/s

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

Jan. 31, 2018, 8:16 p.m.

Well ... despite the nerf in the artillery, I believe that it has balanced, but you still run the risk of taking an IK with a module that takes 15k of hp (blink ram: "ez pz ...") and another one that it takes 12k of hp for 3000m, of course you can still use your shield, but when you are using the zoom you will hardly be able to absorb the damage thanks to the distractions on the battlefield, but I think it would be interesting to present unique improvements for each module, type one or two, for example in the own bombers, if there was an improvement like adding camouflage in the jets or increasing its speed / resistance, do this with all the modules to create a greater singularity, to try to break the combination whenever the Most ships use it, you end up seeing a lot of it because it is a recipe that works fine, other modules combinations are not even tried because it creates a zone of comfort. A good example can be seen with tatics (ex: art pod, fl echetts, overclok, which by the way is absurdly OP and I can not imagine why it has not yet taken a nerf.) Still good! XD

Jan. 31, 2018, 10:33 p.m.

I don't know if you guys actrually incorporate a lot of these feedbacks, but since you asked for it I will give my opinion regardless.

New Modules in Tier III -Good idea. Really looking forward to put the storm missile 3 on the Dola to level it. We need more modules in T2 and T4 as well.Would be nice to get the bolt gun in T4.

Mines -General: good idea, they weren't seeing much usage and buffing an underused module is nice. -Corvettes: bad idea. you guys seem to get angry when players play the game in an unintended way. For example, the bomb catapult assult light arty's which were removed last patch. Unless the creative use is game breaking, which this really, really isn't, you should reward instead of punish creativity.

Player feedback -nerfing arty's: I dislike this in principle because we just keep nerfing things that ppl complain about without end however I rarely see people use the two nerfed modules so... -buffing light tac: I think the light tac is underpowered compared to the other two tacs but it really isn't weak, it's that adrenaline shot is too strong. Vetts already have a really hard time today with your nerfs and I don't think this is justified. Vetts is not supposed to be hunted- if somehow another ship can chase a vette then something is wrong with this game.

TLDR: stop punishing creativity.

Feb. 1, 2018, 2 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 1, 2018, 2:05 p.m.

Wanted to echo that the starling nuke nerf was far too harsh. Its frankly not worth using at all right now. This module is an anti camper module please buff the damage to make it a threat. You can balance it by increasing the skill component of air bursting the salvo over the enemy to maximize damage.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the jutland/monarch guns need a buff they are just far too weak considering thier range limitations and projectile speed.

Feb. 1, 2018, 3:26 p.m.

Since heavy torpedoes are getting a buff, please do the same on dreadnoughts ( light torpedoes are way better).

Missile salvo is fine imo, but the buff to plasma broadsides will deter dread players to use it even more so maybe it needs a slight buff (?)

Also please do something about the hangar lighting, currently I can't see the actual colour of the coatings I want to buy.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Feb. 1, 2018, 5:44 p.m.

TitanEx#2963 posted (#post-208040) said:

Wanted to echo that the starling nuke nerf was far too harsh. Its frankly not worth using at all right now. This module is an anti camper module please buff the damage to make it a threat. You can balance it by increasing the skill component of air bursting the salvo over the enemy to maximize damage.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the jutland/monarch guns need a buff they are just far too weak considering thier range limitations and projectile speed.

Yes the salvo for nukes was pretty harsh its practically useless and yes please buff the PRIMARY guns there called primary for a reason the output on them is a joke if nothing else buff the dispersion that in itself would help tremendously.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.