FORUMS

PC GAME UPDATE 1.11 BALANCING SPOTLIGHT - FEEDBACK THREAD

Posted: //
March 22, 2018, 9:49 p.m.

Yeah, it sucks! On planets it launches, then drops 100 feet, then ignites.

March 24, 2018, 6:23 a.m.

hello, missiles reapater disapear just after you die is that normal ???

March 28, 2018, 12:10 a.m.

Wonderful, you beefed up T3 ships and made those tiers more balanced but you seem to be totally missing the real issues, or perhaps the DEVs are just not interested in balancing TAC cruisers.

They are a problem, a real problem, I'll explain. But first, be aware that this very problem is part of the reason so many people become frustrated, and leave the game.

First, TAC ships are powerful, too powerful. They need to be balanced.

I'll use the Veteran que as an example, I play that one the most.

When I have time to play, I am limited. Certain days, maybe a few hours here and there. So I value my gametime, it's how I unwind and relax, have fun on a regular day.

I understand you are trying to push the team effort, and to force people into playing how you want this game played I suspect you allow cetain things like this to continue because it forces people to join up with others so they too can use the unbalanced TAC ships in organized teams, and more or less become invincible.

So you have experienced, high tier players who join up in teams to fight against randoms. I understand the winning team only gets an additional 10% xp when they win, but the problem is that they win by such a great margin that the team that loses and only barely has any kills, gets very, very little xp. When the winning team scores 100 pts and ends the game, you are lucky if the opossing team scores 25 pts. So the players that are the best trained up, who do not need xp nearly as bad as new players, end up with around 75% more xp just because they win by such a huge margin, and the new players have to grind 75% more, that's 4 games they must play to equal around the same XP as the organized team using an OP TAC ship exploit makes in a single game.

So in this scenerio you have organized experienced players using new players that are grinding their way through ships a lot of times they don't want to play, don't like playing, just so they can open the ships they do want to play. But then they have to grind out even more ships that they are not interested in playing, to get the officer briefings.

So if you play onslought (score of 100?) the winning, organized team of experienced players using 2-3 tac ships that not only heal their teamates, but heal between themselves. That is difficult enough to play against, but when they use specific mods, with specific ships (Potato) those 2-3 TAC ships become invincible. You cannot beat the combo of arti ships snipping, dreads tanking and desi ships brawling all together protecting the 2-3 TAC ships.

It's the ship itself, the mods used on that ship, and how many ships fitted the same way, that are used. I cannot imagine it was intended to work this way, thus this is an exploit.

Now imagine someone who can only play a few hours a week. They are pitted against organized teams of many individuals that understand this TAC ship tactic/exploit. They have all the ques covered. From VET to LEG. No matter what you do, they are in almost every game, which of course means for the little time you have to play, you are not getting much xp and loosing almost every game.

I love fair fights, one of the things I loved most about EVE Online when it first came out was that there was a unritten or spoken code between people who were PvPing. But EVE has changed so much that nobody plays that way anymore, and interesting enough EVE Online has had to move to F2P just to retain people.

When you loose, 10, 15, 20 times in a row, and I am serious you can check the logs and see what I am talking about, you will naturally become frustrated. Angry even. You cannot seem to get ahead, the grind is 4 times harder than those who are using the exploit and you are aware of this, but you don't want to play a game where you just slaughter everyone, every game. If you don't want to become part of the glarring problem, then you are screwed.

I suppose that this creates a situation where people try to buy success and makes greybox more money. Perhaps that is why the DEVs have yet to fix this problem. If that is the case I would say this. People will only put up with things for so long before they become so frustrated they just quit. And believe it or not people quiting isn't the entire problem, nor the worse. Those same people will talk with their gaming friends and tell them how the DEVs are not interested in fixing issues, how you have to grind hard loosing match after match even when you fly tier 4 ships in Vet. When they explain to others, that no matter how hard you grind, no matter how hard you work at it, no matter if you open every mod on the best ship you can fly, you are going to loose over and over and over... And over..... And over again.

If you want to retain people, they fix the worst problems driving people out the door. Don't worry so much about marketing material to encourage more people to play, work on retaining the people you have FIRST, then work on getting new people. You have a serious retention problem, and like a leak on a ship that is sinking, you need to fix the people leaving leak so that you can get back to the business of creating an awesome game for us all to play.

But do nothing, and this game will soon die... Word of mouth advertising is the best, or worst of all types. One frustrated ex playing might tell 10 people personally, but another 100,000 on social media. Or post a youtube video before they buy. Or give you bad reviews, over and over and over again.

Don't believe me? Read your own forum, read the Redit posts, people are frustrated and tired of loosing every match due to no fault or lack of experience of their own, simply because people are abusing a ship that is too OP.

March 28, 2018, 3:36 a.m.

i tell you right now, that TAC exploit is why i will be quitting playing this game, again. I had stopped playing about 6 months ago due to imbalance and thought id give the game another shake to see what has happened. While some things look great and feel great and are a LOT better then before, that one particular "tactic" right there is why i am leaving again, and prob will never come back. It is also why i will NEVER SPEND MONEY with this game until it is fixed to where games are somewhat balanced. When the matches im playing end quickly and with my team either getting ZERO kills or getting EVERY kill, because of the TAC ships forming their little triangle and keeping everyone alive. Its complete BS. I have never seen any other game have such an exploit as this one that is so lopsided it isnt even funny. ANd for those of you who would say Git Gud, FU. I shouldnt have to wait for a queue and then play against a team so blatently overpowered from their TAC ship complement that there is no way in hades that a match would be successful for my team. DEVS, you have some work cut out for you because i will be telling my gaming friends about this and i can guarantee you that not one of them will ever download this game because of it. I might come back in a couple months to see what has happened, If the same tactic is still around well you can kiss $1000's of dollars goodbye,.

April 8, 2018, 9:56 a.m.

In regards to movement I just recently returned to playing Dreadnought again and have been playing the artillery cruiser and I saw a video on the Phoenix and how the player was using the warp to kill ships so I decided to pick it up and start playing it and it was then I remembered why I quit playing. It's one thing to have to hold down the "W" key to have continued forward movement but add to that moving up and down and trying to use modules it becomes very cumbersome especially if your using a corvette which requires fast movement and manuvering to stay alive. I have already suggested many times about making the "W" key just to set speed like in World of Warships so it's one thing less to worry about during combat but I have been amazed at the negative response from players when I have been on live streams about the suggestion? Is there something i'm missing about a Qol changes that would make handling a ship better for the player?

Sept. 7, 2018, 11:15 p.m.

DN_Hardy#5317 posted (#post-207766) said:

Hey Captains,

PC Update 1.11 is not far out and we have already released all upcoming changes to the game balance. We did this in order to give you the chance to let us know what you thing about the adjustments prior to the release which will allow us to make changes before the actual update release.

So if you think that we went to far with something or that we missed something else then please let us know in this thread.

>Click here for the news article featuring all balancing changes and loads of developer comments.<

Best wishes, DN_Hardy

Sept. 8, 2018, 8:13 a.m.

First:Will swapping primary weapons ever be a thing?I really want some heavy-hitting batteries on my dreadnoughts instead of little repeaters. On the other hand I think tactical cruisers need to be changed too.Healing a ship from it's back while it's frontal is taking heavy fire is just way too irrational. Finally,I think it is also possible to utilise the map settings as tactical options.For example in space maps,a ship will rapidly loses it's efficiency if it's life support system is destroyed,and ship will move slower or even completely halt if it's engines took too much damage,or is operating under an environment with gravity(for example Monarch). I understand balancing current gameplay is important,but I also hope you people won't fall behind when it comes to adding new features. Thanks for the game anyway,it's quite fun,keep it up.

Sept. 8, 2018, 8:17 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 8, 2018, 8:21 a.m.

Basyst#6298 posted (#post-215786) said:

i tell you right now, that TAC exploit is why i will be quitting playing this game, again. I had stopped playing about 6 months ago due to imbalance and thought id give the game another shake to see what has happened. While some things look great and feel great and are a LOT better then before, that one particular "tactic" right there is why i am leaving again, and prob will never come back. It is also why i will NEVER SPEND MONEY with this game until it is fixed to where games are somewhat balanced. When the matches im playing end quickly and with my team either getting ZERO kills or getting EVERY kill, because of the TAC ships forming their little triangle and keeping everyone alive. Its complete BS. I have never seen any other game have such an exploit as this one that is so lopsided it isnt even funny. ANd for those of you who would say Git Gud, FU. I shouldnt have to wait for a queue and then play against a team so blatently overpowered from their TAC ship complement that there is no way in hades that a match would be successful for my team. DEVS, you have some work cut out for you because i will be telling my gaming friends about this and i can guarantee you that not one of them will ever download this game because of it. I might come back in a couple months to see what has happened, If the same tactic is still around well you can kiss $1000's of dollars goodbye,.

ikr,people can just completely neutralize dmg from siege modules in 3 seconds and act like nothing happened.

Sept. 8, 2018, 8:46 a.m.

WhiteGlint#1740 posted (#post-225201) said:

First:Will swapping primary weapons ever be a thing?I really want some heavy-hitting batteries on my dreadnoughts instead of little repeaters. On the other hand I think tactical cruisers need to be changed too.Healing a ship from it's back while it's frontal is taking heavy fire is just way too irrational. Finally,I think it is also possible to utilise the map settings as tactical options.For example in space maps,a ship will rapidly loses it's efficiency if it's life support system is destroyed,and ship will move slower or even completely halt if it's engines took too much damage,or is operating under an environment with gravity(for example Monarch). I understand balancing current gameplay is important,but I also hope you people won't fall behind when it comes to adding new features. Thanks for the game anyway,it's quite fun,keep it up.

I dont think swapping Primary weapons will ever be a thing. They are the core weapons a ship is built and balanced around.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.