FORUMS

Is Assault blink warp overpowered?

Posted: //
Feb. 4, 2018, 10:50 p.m.

Am i the only one who thinks Assault blink warp is a little overpowered? There is literally no counter to it and to add insult to injury it also acts as an escape for the corvette pilot who uses it, im not saying it should be removed from the game just that it shouldn't do as much damage as it does. I hope its not just me who feels this way...

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

Feb. 4, 2018, 11:25 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 4, 2018, 11:29 p.m.

There is a counter: continue shooting... he needs to get closer than 1,6km so he will be in optimum weapon range and i definetly have been killed mid-warp by destroyer flak

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

Feb. 5, 2018, 1:53 a.m.

Assault blink is op but corvette fans will protect their 1-shot toys until the game is dead. You cant outmaneuver corvette so 15k damage is yours regardless of your actions. And dont tell me you can deliver 15k damage to corvette through shields in 2 seconds.

Feb. 5, 2018, 3:39 a.m.

Beeeeep!

You don't even need a module/shooting/shields to counter this!

Try out that warp and if you haven't figured it out in a week, will post the solution back here, Dark!

Very very... veeeery simple solution

Vae Victis

Feb. 5, 2018, 11:41 a.m.

Move up or down with power to engines, it has a 0.25s delay and after activation the Corvette can no longer adjust the path.

If the Corvette has no disrupt you can use any kind of armor amp, Destroyers have to use Evasive.

Counter disrupt helps, and fast marking plus focus fire of your team should help too. If you roam solo your best defense is mobility, burst damage or HP.

Recruit Engineer

Feb. 5, 2018, 11:57 a.m.

There is another way, Jawayne. The module is imperfect and does not always work. Technically, there is no glitch or something in the way you counter, but pure physics.

Vae Victis

Feb. 5, 2018, 12:04 p.m.

I've been here since the start of the Beta so i know my stuff, im a pretty decent player i can use every type of ship effectively most EU players can back me up on that but Assault blink warp needs to be toned down at Tier 4 it does 15,000 damage through shields which is enough to destroy several Tier 4 ships instantly not to mention the poor tier 2 and 3 players who decide to play Veteran and this is without the Module Amplifier briefing. Any corvette pilot with half a brain won't charge you head from across the map and moving up and down/strafing doesn't work in the middle of combat when you're pinned down, the only thing i can think of to fix this would be lower the tier 4 damage to 10,000 and tier 5 to 15,000 at least that way there would be a fair chance to counter/ survive it.

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

Feb. 5, 2018, 12:14 p.m.

Another option would be to increase the cooldown duration, if module damage is not decreased. Sure, other similarly powerful modules have a similar cooldown (ex. ramming modules), but in comparison to ramming modules, ABW can be lined-up and effectively used much more often and usually with less risk due the greater mobility of corvettes.

Feb. 5, 2018, 12:38 p.m.

Gosh, Dark, you miss your sniping obviously and need some accommodation.

Vae Victis

Feb. 5, 2018, 2:58 p.m.

There's no counter to it? I can think of 10 off the top of my head...not to mention it's innate ability to screw itself over. You can't use it if targets have anything behind them, it glitches where it'll warp but do no damage even point blank.

Stasis? Dead. Purge? Dead. Disrupt? Dead, or at least no kill. Move away in the form of warp/thrusters/evasive? No kill. Mines? Dead. Any form of armorboost? No kill, unless target is already past that point. Burst them down? Dead. Scramble? Dead, or miss.

Closed