FORUMS

PC GAME UPDATE 1.11 FEEDBACK MEGATHREAD

Posted: //
March 8, 2018, 2:16 p.m.

Being able to now use all hero ship coatings and decals is the best thing ever!

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 8, 2018, 11:45 p.m.

Updated //
March 8, 2018, 11:47 p.m.

Very fantastic update "PC GAME UPDATE 1.11" launcher has bugged , reinstall(ssss) now bug ;dowload always block 57%. the assistance cant help . i cannot play my favorite game anymore .

March 9, 2018, 2:58 a.m.

Updated //
March 9, 2018, 3 a.m.

It may be something having to do with my inferior AMD (13.250.0.0) card, but if the game keeps lagging to keep aggravating me, then I would be inclined & ponder with second thoughts about Dreadnought. Should the day that Dreadnought meet a similar fate (shutting down servers) as Cloud Pirates, I wouldn't want dead weight on my shoulders, but until that day arrives, I'd stick to my current time on this sci-fi band wagon ship.# I do not want to spend my time being aggravated & venomous in the chat in-game or in the lobby for the many lags & bugs that plague this game.

Lags that freeze your game (& or PC), bugs that keep you from attacking, your ship not showing up & sync after jumping from warp, are inexcusable. With ever growing updates like this to leave my current AMD in the dust then I'd find little time to invest in playing this game.

My feedback is that I'd want an optimized version to not lag on any AMD version that's inferior to the reccomended settings. Otherwise, it'll hinder me from playing at my best, & obstruct my controls. That is my preference on how retardant the game is acting up, with any chance to hard reboot my desktop.

In any case I did get a reply back from Lore Hunter about me opting to terminate my account, though only when I'm ready...

March 10, 2018, 8:57 a.m.

Why do hero ships have mediocre loadouts eg. Loadouts and OBs that don't seem to fit into their playstyle?

For example the Leviathan - looks gorgeous, but it's loadout just isn't fitting ... especially for close range combat. First of all, i like the assault thrusters on the ship. Repeaters IV and Ballistic Broadside are fine aswell. But how are triad pods and stasis pulse useful for this playstyle ? Short range missiles would've been much more useful - like flechettes or light missiles.

Where is the point of a stasis module on this ship? it's already fast as he.ll, so your targets propably can't get away from you anyways. Considering that the Leviathan is a Dreadnought and very big target i would've chosen Armorbooster Pulse, since the Officer Briefings aren't chosen wisely aswell. This ship has nothing to increase its damage resistance, only shields but no way to gain additional energy, but you burn trough your energy if you use engine rigger you don't have much energy for your shields left ( so retailiator is almost useless).

If i could see the leviathans loadout being actually useful so i can play the ship, i would've already bought it. But in its current state the only motivation to buy this ship are the cosmetics...

Just 4 fun, here's a loadout that i would have chosen on the Leviathan

Secondary: Repeater Turrets IV

Primary Module: Ballistic Broadside IV

Secondary Module: Light Missiles IV

Perimeter Module: Armorbooster Pulse IV

Internal Module: Assault Thrusters IV

Officer Briefings: Retailiator/ Feedback Loop; Destruction Cascade; Engine Rigger; Get my Good Side

Also: W T F ?! You have entered an invalid character or a word that is not permitted in this forum. Please edit and resubmit your post. Flagged word(s): h-e-l-l Are you serious ? Why the h-e-l-l is that a not permitted word ? this is BS

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 10, 2018, 9:30 a.m.

W4R-DN#4622 posted (#post-213705) said:

Why do hero ships have mediocre loadouts eg. Loadouts and OBs that don't seem to fit into their playstyle?

Hero ships are generally created with sub-optimal loadouts in mind to avoid the appearance of being "pay to win". Whilst the game is not even close to being pay to win (in that, given enough time, a free player can functionally get anything a paying player can get), people do seem to take offence when something is offered that lets paying players seemingly completely skip the grind (namely, fully maxed-out and optimised premium ships). As a result, hero ships tend to mimic a "good" loadout, with a couple of slots switched out for oddball items.

March 10, 2018, 10:07 a.m.

Well i think hero ships should have more unconventional loadouts like the Leviathan with assault thrust, which is pretty uncommon (actually i never saw assault thrust being used before the ship came out). But playing the Leviathan itself is putting you at a disadvantage against other ships in its current state. I really can't see its current loadout be somewhat near useful

The argument of being pay 2 win is a very stupid one, but if the devs want to listen to players which are about as smart as Melville Blanco and propably won't ever buy anything and quit the game after they notice they keep being wrecked, than you destroy your own game step by step. Hero Ships should be just as strong as other ships, not worse.

So heres my point of view: I would like to spend money on the game, my only issue is how without wasting it (yeah i know technically its always wasted but who cares) Hero Ships? Only get cosmetics, ship is shieeet, so i can't use it for getting free XP. Elite Status? My semester starts next week so i won't have a lot of time to play and buying elite to maybe use 1/24 hours is not what i would call efficient.

Whats currently happening is that they are trying to sell us useless but cool looking ships. does it work? maybe. will i support this? nope.

PC | German

March 10, 2018, 10:58 a.m.

The idea of Stasis Pulse is that you reach the enemy, stasis it, then switch to shields to make the most out of Retaliator, without it, faster ships like a Vindicta or Corvette, or even the Tacs, could simply run from you leaving you out of position and very vulnerable.

Recruit Engineer

March 10, 2018, 4:42 p.m.

The Leviathan is great. Thanks for including the discount package. The art team kills it on everything.

At 4000 gp, I would not have bought it. At 2900 gp ($22) with the pilot cosmetics included, that is a good price. The ship itself is worthless, but $22 for a full set of ship cosmetics, pilot cosmetics, and a universal coating is very reasonable. Hoping they do the same with future releases.

My attitude about making hero ships useful: if someone pays 4000 gp, and the hero ship purchase is a completely customizable ship equal to a regular ship... GOOD. I'm glad someone pays into the game and feeds the devs. It's okay that I spent 20 hours grinding it. It's okay if spend 40 hours grinding it. I am 100% okay with people skipping straight to T4. Every other game allows players to pay money to skip the grind (MWO, warframe, lol, hots, etc). I want this game to have a successful business so I can keep enjoying it. There is no p2w here. Stop diluting the word.

1.11 is all around good. Big thanks on making coatings usable on everything. No tech issues or instability.

March 11, 2018, 6:26 p.m.

W4R-DN#4622 posted (#post-213711) said:

Well i think hero ships should have more unconventional loadouts like the Leviathan with assault thrust, which is pretty uncommon (actually i never saw assault thrust being used before the ship came out). But playing the Leviathan itself is putting you at a disadvantage against other ships in its current state. I really can't see its current loadout be somewhat near useful

The argument of being pay 2 win is a very stupid one, but if the devs want to listen to players which are about as smart as Melville Blanco and propably won't ever buy anything and quit the game after they notice they keep being wrecked, than you destroy your own game step by step. Hero Ships should be just as strong as other ships, not worse.

So heres my point of view: I would like to spend money on the game, my only issue is how without wasting it (yeah i know technically its always wasted but who cares) Hero Ships? Only get cosmetics, ship is shieeet, so i can't use it for getting free XP. Elite Status? My semester starts next week so i won't have a lot of time to play and buying elite to maybe use 1/24 hours is not what i would call efficient.

Whats currently happening is that they are trying to sell us useless but cool looking ships. does it work? maybe. will i support this? nope.

Hero ships are not supposed to be as good as grind ships also they are an item that you do not haft to buy to play the game personally i do buy them and own several but the best bang for your buck is elite status as the grind from tier 1 to 4 atm is pretty doable now tier 5 thats a diffrent story. Personally i would think alot less of this game if someone could just buy there way into higher tiers as an equal to my Jutland .

March 11, 2018, 6:39 p.m.

Well thats why i am not buying one (maybe the Orion, it has a pretty common loadout). But i wish you would get a little more than just fancy looks for 4000 GP.

Btw i'm done with the doable part, got all t4 ships and a few t5's

PC | German

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.