FORUMS

Pub Stomping - Plain & Simple

Posted: //
Feb. 18, 2018, 10:07 a.m.

[dreadpony#0823] said:

[Brother Belial#4215] said:

[dreadpony#0823]said:

I'm saying to protect the playerbase from getting rekd constantly to limit it until MM is fixed.

What is making you think you are the playerbase, and not the top squads? Also, developers never mentioned MM is broken. And it is not, for all who prefer to play in squad. For the actual "playerbase".

MM seems broken, you can see that fomr hitting tab in a match that involves a squad. It will always have more level 50's on it. It's as if the MM counts the squad as a single level 50. I've seen many a match where you's have a level 50 sqaud of 4 people, and 2 other level 50's vs 3 level 50's and an asortment of lower levels.

Is there any official statement from developers saying that mm is broken, and doesnt works as intended? From my point of view, it could be a feature.

Really? unbalanced teams is a feature?

I could point you to many a post that states MM is not finished. So if something is not finished, it could very well not work as intended from time to time.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 18, 2018, 10:35 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-210965) said: Really? unbalanced teams is a feature?

I could point you to many a post that states MM is not finished. So if something is not finished, it could very well not work as intended from time to time.

Sure, why not. Maybe its a factor that should force more players to get in a squads, or to keep current top players interested in game with the privelege to free farm solo randoms. I wouldnt be so sure MM is broken without any official statement from the devs. It could be working as inteded.

Feb. 18, 2018, 11:25 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 18, 2018, 11:29 a.m.

dreadpony#0823 posted (#post-210968) said:

I wouldnt be so sure MM is broken without any official statement from the devs. It could be working as inteded.

You won't see them specifically saying "MM s broken", just imagine the sh.tstorm that would start. They aren't stupid.

All you will get is that MM is improved and fine-tuned with each patch, which tecnically means it is broken, only translated into salesperson language.

One little theory from me though is, that they do not intend to fix it anyways. It was hinted at, that big changes are coming to the game this year, and I'm fairly suspicious that a secret decision has been made by them to not waste their time and resources on tuning the MM to a meta that will soon end up in the trash anyways.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Feb. 18, 2018, 12:22 p.m.

[dreadpony#0823]said:

[Brother Belial#4215] said: Really? unbalanced teams is a feature?

Sure, why not. Maybe its a factor that should force more players to get in a squads, or to keep current top players interested in game with the privelege to free farm solo randoms. I wouldnt be so sure MM is broken without any official statement from the devs. It could be working as inteded.

Trying to force a player base to do something that is optional is asking for trouble. No Developer in the world would say MM is broken/not working as intended unless they knew it was going to be fixed with in a few hours of saying so. That is asking for trouble from the player base.

Trust me, keeping "top players intrested" is never a thing in a game, specally in a f2p game. Top players have spent there money, and the odd's of them spending more are limmited. Some one new just joining the game, are more likely to spend over someone at T5. The only things ever added, to keep top players are competative eliments.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 18, 2018, 1:31 p.m.

Wow, it's rough seeing how toxic this community has grown, and how unchecked by the devs. When I decided to take a break from DN the op's plight was already beginning to become common. I was a decent player, by no means great, but not casual either, and after a while it grew boring constantly being on one side or another of a stomp. It was a definite issue then, and it looks like it's still an issue now. This is why other games in this type of genre tend to have separate solo and group queues, which of course requires more population than DN is ever likely to have at the current rate.

What's shocking to me is how the community is handling this issue, not the devs. I've hardly seen the devs actually move on an issue ever in DN, but when the community itself, tiny as it is, is turning on itself rather than helping? It's like no one wants to see this game succeed. There's simply no reason to be arogant and dismissive about this topic- if it's a real issue and you defend it or ignore it, the game loses players, there's no newbs, game dies. If it's not a real issue, you lose nothing by taking a moment to hear someone out and offer a possible solution. Attacking each other is pointless and doesn't bode well for DN's future.

I had expected so much of this game, but between utterly glacial development and the quality of the community(People like Brother Belial aside) I no longer have much hope DN will ever be allowed it's chance to succeed. Here's hoping I'm wrong and the current playerbase are actually really good people who are just being overshadowed by a vocal and hostile minority.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Feb. 18, 2018, 2:18 p.m.

it seems something is wrong with matchmaker ive been paying closer attention to player levels on teams and it seems to almost always stack high levels on one team instead of balancing out the squad it stacks MORE high levels on top of the squad

had lots 4-6 lvl 50s vs 0-1 lvl 50s matches

devs really need to look at what the mm does with squads and high levels because its clearly broken

Feb. 18, 2018, 10:30 p.m.

@Sardekar While I chagrin to speak poorly of people, this game has always had an.. 'elitist echelon'. It is my opinion that the current one is actually a lot more reasonable and level-headed than previous groups(who had members that were voluntarily and actively toxic).

Regardless, and unfortunately drifting quite a bit off-topic, there is a cultural schism that forms with group/pack mentality. As groups are formed, there is an extremely high likelihood that a 'bubble' will emerge that divides that group from the.. unbonded.. community(while becoming its own, new community). The unfortunate consequence is that it almost always leads to seeing the people on the other side of that bubble as 'the enemy'("us versus them").

The reality is that ALL of us are just people who want to play with our internet spaceships and shoot the pewpews at the things. The PROBLEM is that current gameplay architecture is creating an experience that FAILS to match our EXPECTATIONS.

As a community, we need to collectively come together to figure out what the expectations are, why they are failing, and attempt to provide REALISTIC(game development costs time and money) solutions that the development team has the resources to implement.

Feb. 19, 2018, 1:49 a.m.

Devs know this is a severe problem. I made a bet with them. If any of their staff members could win just ONE game against a full level 50 squad, playing as solo, that I would spend $1000USD on their game.

They didn't take up the bet so they know the truth.

That bet was put to them on Jan 14. I now withdraw that bet as it was important that the community was unaware of it otherwise certain seal clubbers would simply throw the match in order to preserve their game destroying 4 man squads.

I can supply screenshots of the email confirming that they recieved notification of the bet if you don't believe me.

Feb. 19, 2018, 3:55 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 19, 2018, 4:01 a.m.

@ -Bazza- Employees / representators of companies cannot take bets like that.

@ Sardekar There are some short-term hotfix solutions offered in this very topic, that would probably not be very time-consuming to implement, and that - I'm sure - are not offered for the first time, but they always just seem to sink into oblivion.

Devs don't seem to care, or at least don't seem to prioritize the issue enough. Meanwhile the toxic part of the community keeps harassing the newbies, saying things like:

1. you're bad at this game
  2. you're meant to always play in squads
  3. you just whine to avoid grinding

and stuff like that...

Regardless of the fact that none of those seem to be true, as:

1. you can't know that as newbies in Veteran are heavily handicapped, figting against t4 maxed ships with OBs, using their t3 stock ships without OBs.
  2. Look at ANY F2P matchmaking based game on the market and you'll know that's not true. Clans do eventually get their separate content in some of these games, but in general all of them are centered around solo casuals (just like the rest of the gaming market nowadays) because that's where most of the money comes from. Power in numbers. The problem here is that - presumably - a big percent of these casuals are leaving very early, thanks to MM.
  3. I don't think anyone did that; All that people want are fair matches, but a great many people refuse to understand that. But for real, all that this topic boils down to is essentially these 4 words: "people want fair matches". What on Earth is wrong with that? Why doesn't Greybox do something about it, and why does it make 'elitists' rage??

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Feb. 19, 2018, 9:49 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-211001) said: Why doesn't Greybox do something about it, and why does it make 'elitists' rage??**

You cant be "elite" without any low class around doing dirty job (grinding , loosing, and feeding you). If you store all clans and squads in one class fighting each other - numbers of "elite" players will significantly decrease, aswell as their donations for having comfort gameplay. Not good for business. Easier to attract a constant flow of newbies with agressive marketing, than trying to keep old players with "fair matchmaking" which is not really helping anyone.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.