FORUMS

Balancing Ram

Posted: //
Feb. 11, 2018, 9:30 p.m.

Easy, make the ship with the ram module on 'always' appear on radar. It wouldn't matter where you were looking, you would know where those ships are, forcing them to rely on their flying skills (lolz) to hit their target.

The issue I find with countering ram, is that my turrets aim at where I'm looking. If I'm on the front line, I don't have much luxury to do 360's with my camera every 10-15 seconds, taking the turrets off my target, to check for incoming kamakazies. Being that to avoid the threat I have to be aware of their pressence before they reach a 10km.

Also, all the ramming ships I'm seeing are heroic. Aka, its the real money ships that are breaking the balence of the game.

I don't want to play in recruit, its boring, too many pve'rs that don't know how to fly their ship under fire. So please fix this.

Feb. 11, 2018, 10:32 p.m.

You say that like they don't already have to rely on flying skills to hit their target. If you don't have the luxury to be aware, then you don't have the luxury of being alive :p I've seen maybe one or two zaratans total in the past week, so I'm not sure what place you're seeing these "money ships breaking the game".

Feb. 11, 2018, 10:46 p.m.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-210018) said:

You say that like they don't already have to rely on flying skills to hit their target. If you don't have the luxury to be aware, then you don't have the luxury of being alive :p I've seen maybe one or two zaratans total in the past week, so I'm not sure what place you're seeing these "money ships breaking the game".

Why are you commenting on something you haven't experienced? Two? Go play more matches.

Feb. 11, 2018, 10:51 p.m.

One quick razor before commenting further on this thread: Have you personally used rams yet?

Feb. 11, 2018, 11:44 p.m.

Yes

Feb. 12, 2018, midnight

Okay, so your problem is that there is not enough warning?

Let's take a similar example as a control sample then: the Jupiter Corvettes main guns. Do you feel those have an appropriate warning/response time? How about Blast Pulses?

Would a better solution be to add an activation delay/extend the 'spool-up' time of Rams while increasing the noticeability of their audio cues?

I can see, perhaps, the activation of Rams themselves forcing the signature of their ship on radar being a thing. However, as an ambush weapon, it seems antithetical to always be revealed while equipping a weapon designed to take the enemy by surprise.

From the other side of the mirror, would you be okay/interested in using rams if it meant they had the proposed drawbacks?

Feb. 12, 2018, 2:40 a.m.

Ya know, you're absolutely right. I'm not playing enough matches, that must be it. https://imgur.com/a/5kmFp

Now that's over with, if it's so unbalanced, do show if you will a video of you slaughtering competent teams in legendary with rams. I'll wait. Cuz as someone who rams a lot, though I'm far from the best I can say without a doubt it's dam near impossible to use against a team with a little bit of awareness and one of over a dozen individual modules that counter ram.

Feb. 12, 2018, 6:49 a.m.

Personally like the RAM balance to stay as it is. Ive used rams and countered them.

Ive found either having a loadout with some sort of disruptor weapon or thruster boost works best for me to get away from them. Easy to dodge or run instead of fight the rammer.

Using a ram is hard. I miss a lot more then i hit. Most the time everyone notices the large glowing front of your ship and opens fire. Im lucky if i get a kill with it. Usually heavily damage someone before the team wipes you out.

Deepnausea

Twitch | Twitter | Gtribe | Discord

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.