FORUMS

Suggestion - specially for legendary deathmatches - Balance scoring between ship classes

Posted: //
Feb. 12, 2018, 4:12 a.m.

Hi captians,

I have noticed that players don't usually pick some ships like corvettes especially in legendary deathmatches and even veterans. it's really hard to see one there while I think it carries a very important job which is destroying enemy's tacs. My suggestion is to give corvettes more points in (deathmatches) when they kill tacs or give them new medals like "kamikaze" if it launched a successful suicide attack and kill an enemy tac for example. We could give the artillery ships special medals or bonuses too. What do you think?

Feb. 12, 2018, 6:39 a.m.

Im liking that idea! specially the Kamikaze type ribbon. Corvettes are deadly when used properly but your right i think there needs to be a little more incentive.

Deepnausea

Twitch | Twitter | Gtribe | Discord

Feb. 12, 2018, 8:27 a.m.

The problem is, why would you ever take a vette to kill a tac, when you could just hop in a vindicta and press purge ram and scram pulse.

Feb. 12, 2018, 2:20 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 12, 2018, 2:27 p.m.

Corvettes are only good at taking out unprepared tacs. Any tac cruiser worth their salt can shut down most corvettes in the area provided it is built well (in particular the light tac). The corvette is an assassin; good for taking out weak / lone ships. It can only get away with diving into a team to take out a ship if the entire enemy team is somehow oblivious to its presence, usually due to being focused on the other team. Better targets are the artillery cruisers that sit, at worst, on the back edge of their team, and at best, out in the middle of nowhere miles away from any support.

When it comes to taking out a tac cruiser in the middle of a team, a destroyer really is the way to go. Much better equipped for the job.

As for rewarding players for kamikaze-style play... no. If you do manage to take out one of two healers in your suicide run, chances are the enemy team can still hold out until the second healer respawns and gets back into position. All that you've done is given the enemy team a kill for getting a kill for yourself; greedy play that does nothing for your team. The good 'vettes are the ones that can weigh risk vs. reward and get several kills between deaths.

Feb. 12, 2018, 3:19 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-210152) said: As for rewarding players for kamikaze-style play... no. If you do manage to take out one of two healers in your suicide run, chances are the enemy team can still hold out until the second healer respawns and gets back into position. All that you've done is given the enemy team a kill for getting a kill for yourself; greedy play that does nothing for your team. The good 'vettes are the ones that can weigh risk vs. reward and get several kills between deaths.

But when you kill a tac that hides in middle of the enemy forces healing them, it means you risked your own life in order to leave all the enemy ships exposed to your team fire. that doesnt look like a greedy play style for me.

I agree that destroyers are probably better for this job, but not always because of their size.

Feb. 12, 2018, 5:06 p.m.

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-210111) said:

The problem is, why would you ever take a vette to kill a tac, when you could just hop in a vindicta and press purge ram and scram pulse.

Cuz a vindicta is slower, more noticeable, and doesn't have the burst capability a corvette can have.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.