FORUMS

Drains need a buff.

Posted: //
Feb. 12, 2018, 8:34 a.m.

As it stands there are just too many counters to a drain. Energy gen, GoMGS, AS and DM. The only ones that should be a true counter to it are energy gen, as it's a module, and DM.

What I feel should happen is that if you get hit by a drain, you can not get energy while you have the debuff, unless it's from DM or energy gen module.

As it stands thanks to skills like AS and GoMGS, ships can survive things they really should not beable to servive. a drain should be a death scentance for a ship. As to deliver one out side of a purge, it has to be done at close to point blank range. But you can get there hit your target with a drain, and watch them start to get there energy right back as soon as it hits, thanks to OB's such as AS and GoMGS. GoMGS is not as bad as AS imo, as you have to position your ship for it to work, where as AS is just from healing, any kind of healing. and makes a drain useless on them, even a purge will not affect OB's, so even if you get a hit with it, it's not going to be a garentied kill that it should be. Because they'll have there shields back up quicker than it will take anny offencive modules to reach them.

This is something I have seen happening for months, and it's now got to a point where OB's win battles. you could take the same ships with the same load outs and the ones with the OB's will win out over anything else.

Personally i'd remove OB's from the game. The allow you to do things you would normally beable to do in a ship, some people might think thats a good thing, as it keep the game play fresh. But I feel it's takes the true skill away from the game. When an OB saves a player from death, becuase they have it and you don't it dose not make that player more skilled, or better, it just means they a paid, or played more than you.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 12, 2018, 9:22 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 12, 2018, 9:55 a.m.

Maybe Adenaline Shot is a little too strong when used in a coordinated healball. GMGS on the other side does not seem to be overpowered at all, in my opinion. Maybe there should be more viable OBs (by introducing more, buffing other OBs or nerfing the strongest ones). I am not with you, regarding removing OBs completely from the game. edit.: drains should at least half the income by energy gaining abilities when not stopping it completely, otherwise the "10 seconds drained" effect is worthless in higher tiers.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Feb. 12, 2018, 9:54 a.m.

[Kurt_Hustle said:

Maybe Adenaline Shot is a little too strong when used in a coordinated healball. GMGS on the other side does not seem to be overpowered at all, in my opinion. Maybe there should be more viable OBs (by introducing more, buffing other OBs or nerfing the strongest ones). I am not with you, regarding removing OBs completely from the game.

You've never tryed to kill a dread then that and just keep putting up his shelds and get healed back up to full health and just keep killing anthing that come near him thanks to GoMGS and retaliator.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Feb. 12, 2018, 9:57 a.m.

the retaliator/gmgs combo is stronk, i dont say anything against that. but as long as there is a tac ingame you should not focus a dreadnought anyways. at first, kill all the tacs, then proceed killing everything left

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Feb. 12, 2018, 11:45 a.m.

I agree. But trying to kill a geared Tac is almost impossible if there are 2 of them.

Feb. 12, 2018, 2:12 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 12, 2018, 2:22 p.m.

As a pilot who occasionally flies a dreadnought armed with armour amp, GoMGS, and Retaliator, I can safely say that the combo is only strong when people are shooting at me and firing damage modules without any status effects. A well-timed drain, purge, or disrupt can shut down the system entirely and open the dreadnought to some very heavy fire, particularly from a destroyer or corvette that has flanked and is attacking the GoMGS dread from the fore or aft to cancel the energy gain. The whole point of a dreadnought is to be as tempting a target as it can be whilst being able to endure the onslaught it provokes; this build is, imo, fine. By exposing your broadside you make yourself the single biggest and most obvious target to fire at, and having a ship built to take advantage of that by boosting its shields from damage received is a good thing. I can, however, see it being fair for Drain to cut the energy regeneration from GoMGS. It's not too difficult to notice the effect and allow my ship to take a bit of damage to charge up my energy for shields. If everyone's hammering my broadside, energy goes up fast; Drain is only dangerous when the only damage is applied by flankers.

As for Adrenaline Shot... yeah, I can see it being fair for Drain to cut that generation as well. So long as a healer has someone to heal, it'll very quickly refill its own energy regardless of what you do to it. This can, however, be somewhat countered by not giving them a target to heal by focused fire (because AS is based on healing done, not max heal output), but I will acquiesce that it can be difficult to get 7 random people to co-ordinate like that.

Feb. 13, 2018, 5:20 p.m.

The descriptions say "drains enery and cancel energy regeneration" so technically the drained ship's energy should stay at 0 for the whole duration.

I'd suggest to simply remove adrenaline shot from the game, as it's so obviously broken and adds nothing to the (already boring) gameplay of the tac cruiser class.

As Brother Belial said, victory currently hinge on tac cruisers, which makes it obvious that this class is not balanced compared to the others. So they'll either have to be nerfed (maybe just indirectly) or reworked.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Feb. 13, 2018, 6:07 p.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-210355) said:

As Brother Belial said, victory currently hinge on tac cruisers, which makes it obvious that this class is not balanced compared to the others. So they'll either have to be nerfed (maybe just indirectly) or reworked.

Not always. I've been in several games where the side with no tacs won, simply because the team played strategically and used their much greater firepower to their advantage to overwhelm the enemy tacs. Sure, it's a rare case, but it has been done before and can be done again. Additionally, tac cruisers tend to have very little power in Onslaught; usually it's the corvettes and destroyers who decide that mode.

Feb. 13, 2018, 6:44 p.m.

Drain modules should make ships be unable to gain energy or GREATLY reduce energy gain with Adrenaline Shot (and maybe GMGS). This needs to happen.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.