FORUMS

Most of the paint jobs you could buy are no longer available. What happened?

Posted: //
Feb. 17, 2018, 6:07 p.m.

What ever happened to all the custom paints? There used to be about 8 pages of them, one of which made the ship completely red (though I can't remmember the specific name). When the winter update arrived it removed most of the custom paint options and replaced them with winter themed ones. I thought in this new update it would restore the ability to purchase the other paints, but you can still only buy the winter themed paints. What happened to all the other paint jobs?

Feb. 17, 2018, 7:15 p.m.

I asked this question to one of the DN dudes in-game. He basically said that they still exist, just are not available at the moment. He did say that they will eventually make their way back in some form.

Feb. 17, 2018, 7:22 p.m.

The availability of coatings will switch in some time. Other coatings will appear in the shop while those wich are there now, will disappear. Basically, by making coatings in the shop "time exclusive" you shall have a bigger stimulus to buy those you like faster, because they will disappear again in some time. Makes no sense to me, but I'm not a salesman. Coatings are much too expensive in my opinion anyways. I would have dumped much more money when the price was lower, but for now, I just dont get enough for what I am supposed to pay.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Feb. 18, 2018, 3:28 a.m.

Yeah, their current ship coating policy is stup... I mean, there's room for improvement.

All coatings should be available for everyone to buy (except very special ones like the Beta Reward coating), and the incentive to buy them should not be the exclusive looks only, combined with limited availability. This only attracts the minority of the rich buyers.

Power in numbers!

I'd suggest to change the ship coating pricing like the following:

• 75 GP - coating unlocked for the current ship only
  • 225 GP - coating is unlocked for the current ship line (for example the Akula Dread line, so Nav - Chernobog - Voronezh - etc. can use it)
  • 500 GP - coating is unlocked for all ships

Those prices of course are just examples of the system I'd like to have. I think this way a lot more players would spend GP on ship coatings, which outweighs their lower price, and at the same time results in more players being happy, so in the end everyone wins.

One thing to note however is, that this system should not be punishing in any way, so multi-ship prices should be dynamic. For example if you already have a coating for a ship line, and you'd like to extend it to your whole fleet, then the price of doing so should be 275 GP only. (500 - 225)

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Feb. 19, 2018, 1:13 p.m.

Here's Salesmanship 101, if the potential customer doesn't know that an item is limited-time-only, then you're just shooting yourself in the foot and worse; there isn't any incentive for impulsive buying.

Feb. 19, 2018, 8:02 p.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-211034) said:

Here's Salesmanship 101, if the potential customer doesn't know that an item is limited-time-only, then you're just shooting yourself in the foot and worse; there isn't any incentive for impulsive buying.

Except they never said these items were limited. They just decided to remove them one day. It sounds like they are bringing them back soon, but otherwise that's bad salesmanship on their part

Feb. 19, 2018, 9:58 p.m.

Precisely, they have bad entrepeneurship.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.