FORUMS

Siege Mode on Jupiter Arms Artilery low damage?

Posted: //
Feb. 22, 2018, 3:33 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 22, 2018, 3:37 a.m.

Hi

First of all I'm new to the game, so I may well of missed something, but I'm finding the Siege mode a bit lack luster on the Jupiter Arms ships. Specifically the Ballista and the Onager

I can't seem to do any more damage in siege mode than normal mode. It prevents the ship from moving and uses all the energy but does not seem to up the damage.

In onslaught mode trageting the command ship using rapid fire and energy to weapons I can nearly single handedly remove all the health. However Siege mode seems to do much less.

I did not notice this affect on the tier 1 and 2 Artilery ships, where siege mode seems to work really well.

Am I missing something? I have looked at the specs, and the tier three siege mode delivers 12000 damage and 5 shots. is this 12000 damage total? or is it per shot?

Rapid fire in the Onager gives you about 3 shots delivering 8000 damage each and with energy to weapons that goes up a lot, (I'm not sure how much I think 50%) about 12000 damage per shot.

So it should be less than siege mode, but it dosen't seem to be.

Am I mad?

Feb. 22, 2018, 3:42 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 22, 2018, 3:43 a.m.

I've not noticed as rapid fire seems the better option. But then I'm not really a fan of modules that lock you in place. Might be worth contacting support. Link is in my Sig.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 22, 2018, 4:49 a.m.

Thanks, I think I'll do a bit more testing and investigation before I report. I'll try it on the other tier three Artilery Crusiers as well.

I was hoping someone else had noticed or it was a known bug. I like the idea of siege mode, but it does not seem to do enough damgage to be worth the cost.

Cheers

Feb. 22, 2018, 9:52 a.m.

Siege Mode T4 and T5 will use all your energy and stop movement. The Damage shown is TOTAL Damage ex 20k total with 5 shots meaning each shot does 4k dmg. Siege Mode fire rate is linked to ships fire rate.

Feb. 22, 2018, 10 a.m.

Raging#5940 posted (#post-211296) said:

The Damage shown is TOTAL Damage ex 20k total with 5 shots meaning each shot does 4k dmg

If that is the case then it seems a bit pointless, the fire rate is a bit quicker than standard but I don't think thats enough to compensate for being stationary and no energy.

I will have to do a bit more testing. It will take a while untill I can get the tier 4 module though.

Thanks.

Feb. 22, 2018, 10:59 a.m.

Siege Mode is the Nuke of the Artys, same damage as a Nuke/Goliath, slightly smaller AoE. You use it to flush people out of cover, hit multiple enemies or finish someone that went into cover thinking they are safe, while you just blast the wall behind/in front of him and let the AoE finish him.

Recruit Engineer

Feb. 23, 2018, 1:35 a.m.

Yeah, the actual use of Siege Mode is highly dependant on what artillery you are trying to use it on. It does a fixed amount of AoE damage that's the same for all arties, but the RoF is affected by which one you are flying. Meaning, for the really slow-firing JA arties, it's a substantial DPS loss over just regular firing. The only advantage of it is that you get AoE damage and range increased to... iirc, 10k, for the duration, but that is typically not worth the cost. On the JA line, it's only useful for finishing an enemy that's hidden behind cover and who thinks they're safe (as Jawayne mentioned).

Just a heads up, Purge Mode is in a similar situation. You can fire your Purge shots extremely quickly on the Oberon line, and at a decent rate on the Akula line, but it's not really recommended for JA due to the fire rate again.

Feb. 23, 2018, 3:36 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 23, 2018, 3:38 a.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-211339) said:

Yeah, the actual use of Siege Mode is highly dependant on what artillery you are trying to use it on. It does a fixed amount of AoE damage that's the same for all arties, but the RoF is affected by which one you are flying. Meaning, for the really slow-firing JA arties, it's a substantial DPS loss over just regular firing. The only advantage of it is that you get AoE damage and range increased to... iirc, 10k, for the duration, but that is typically not worth the cost. On the JA line, it's only useful for finishing an enemy that's hidden behind cover and who thinks they're safe (as Jawayne mentioned).

Just a heads up, Purge Mode is in a similar situation. You can fire your Purge shots extremely quickly on the Oberon line, and at a decent rate on the Akula line, but it's not really recommended for JA due to the fire rate again.

Lymceh and Jawayne, thanks for this, I did not realise it was an AOE weapon. That makes much more sense. Also It looks like it actually does more damage than I said above as well, 16000 (tier 3). So basicly a direct fire AOE weapon. Rapid fire and Catapults seem like the best options for the JA Artys then.

Thanks.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.