FORUMS

Healing beams and pods are breaking the game! Remove heal beams and pods!

Posted: //
Feb. 23, 2018, 3:04 p.m.

Heal beams and heal pods must be removed because they break the dynamic of the game.

Healer ships and their beams/pods encourage that all ships blob all the time, the whole team in one place, rarely moving.

I don't have multinukes at lvl 3, so I cannot break through these compact groups of campers, sorry, I meant blobbers.

It's a horrible dynamic where the enemy team never attacks, they just sit in one place - well let's not attack either, let's just sit on the side and wait until they get bored.

These healer ships with beams and heal pods are camp-generators and reduce the game to a boring grind.

Come on Dreadnought devs, it's not that complicated, just remove heal beams and pods and then give a fifth ability of self-healing to each ship. Guild Wars 2 figured this out long before you came along, it's not a hard solution.

And then you could have different types of heals for each class, maybe one that gives more energy, one that's a HoT etc.

You're smart guys, you'll figure it out, I'm just annoyed by these campy games that feel like a job, just because the enemy team is so pathetic they fear taking any risk by going on the offensive.

If you have any brains, you'll do as I say.

Feb. 23, 2018, 3:26 p.m.

Alternatively, learn how to play the game before ranting. I guess this means I don't have brains though :/

Feb. 23, 2018, 3:33 p.m.

Why everything today is supposed to be "dynamic" in a way that involves a lots of movement and tons of killing and dying? I actually like current dreadnought gamplay, even if it includes healing and staying as a fleet - its still requires a lot of actions for energy and module management.

Feb. 23, 2018, 4:42 p.m.

"If you have any brains, you'll do as I say."

Oh geez watch out boys, galaxy brain here coming through. rolls eyes

For real though, it amazes me how often this gets posted. You have to use counter modules. Use purge nuke/beam/ram or drain pulse/missile to counter healers. Or even play a warpjump dread with plasma broadside and torps/missiles. There are so many counters. And lots of modules in this game encourage the team to stick together, I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Flankers can go do their own thing, but it just makes sense, and always will make sense healers or no healers, for larger slower ships to stick together.

The only reason they're a real problem ATM is because of adrenaline shot makes coordinated healers (such as those playing in groups pub stomping solo players cough cough), practically invincible. Usually not a problem in most matches as solo healers are not able to coordinate adren shot with eachother to make full use of it, so suprise burst damage or drain is usually enough.

Feb. 23, 2018, 7:12 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 23, 2018, 7:13 p.m.

Even without adrenaline shot and with purges/nukes/whatever, you can't kill 2 koshei healing each other unless you one-shot one of them with a ram.

What I mean is, one healer is alright, 3 of them with 6 repair pods among dreads using armorbooster pulses means you can't kill anything. It doesn't needs coordination but awareness. And what makes a group of coordinated people invicible in outright broken, even if 8 random players can't use it.

WHat we need is adrenaline shot to get deleted and some sort of antiheal ammo to negates incoming healing on a ship. If healing blobs don't disappear, everyone will start using antiheals, making this strategy useless, thus it would benefit a more casual/less dominant use of healers (which would make an antiheal module not mandatory).

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Feb. 23, 2018, 8:11 p.m.

Thatisblatantlynottrue. EvenwithASyoucankill2koscheiwithoutramprettydameasily

Feb. 23, 2018, 8:21 p.m.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-211452) said:

Thatisblatantlynottrue. EvenwithASyoucankill2koscheiwithoutramprettydameasily

Posts like these are a lot more helpful if you explain how.

Feb. 23, 2018, 9:24 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 23, 2018, 9:25 p.m.

There's several modules that when combo'ed together can break a dual-Koschei healball without much issue:

• Weaponbreaker modules, when used on a healer, substantially decrease the healing output from the main beam.
  • Armourbreaker modules will cause the target to take substantially more damage.
  • Blast Pulse will destroy all heal pods in the area.
  • Scramble modules make targeting extremely difficult and hides the UI, making it virtually impossible to mount an effective defence.
  • Drain modules remove energy and prevent natural regeneration for a few seconds.
  • Disruption modules prevent module usage for several seconds and interrupt all active modules (except pulses currently, which I believe is a bug).
  • Purge modules apply drain, disrupt, and stasis effects; a nasty triple combo (except tac cruiser purge, which applies drain, disrupt, and armourbreak).

Once you've got a bunch of these active on the healball, dump all the burst damage you have into them and enjoy your roasted potatoes.

Feb. 24, 2018, 5:26 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 24, 2018, 5:44 a.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-211457) said:

There's several modules that when combo'ed together can break a dual-Koschei healball without much issue:

• Weaponbreaker modules, when used on a healer, substantially decrease the healing output from the main beam.
  • Armourbreaker modules will cause the target to take substantially more damage.
  • Blast Pulse will destroy all heal pods in the area.
  • Scramble modules make targeting extremely difficult and hides the UI, making it virtually impossible to mount an effective defence.
  • Drain modules remove energy and prevent natural regeneration for a few seconds.
  • Disruption modules prevent module usage for several seconds and interrupt all active modules (except pulses currently, which I believe is a bug).
  • Purge modules apply drain, disrupt, and stasis effects; a nasty triple combo (except tac cruiser purge, which applies drain, disrupt, and armourbreak).

Once you've got a bunch of these active on the healball, dump all the burst damage you have into them and enjoy your roasted potatoes.

Those are all good points, now to get the team to coordinate...

Fact remains that today the team with the two good healers wins, the whole team just sits in a ball, never moves to attack, just sits there and kills whatever ventures close until they win - which by the way is pathetic and extremely boring to actually do, showing that these players pathetically want victory at any cost - in a random match!

Snipers can't get them because the healers are hidden behind cover, rushers can't get them because they die on the way, or get targeted by everyone as soon as warping in, there are no multinukes at lvl III, etc.

How is this healcamping fun? Are they seriously just farming points at the expense of fun?

EDIT: Just had a match with 1 single enemy healer surrounded by dreadnoughts, not moving, just shooting at whatever came close. It was impossible to kill that healer at all! They won, but my team got all 3 top-scoring players! What a scummy tactic!

Feb. 24, 2018, 6:21 a.m.

"Healer ships and their beams/pods encourage that all ships blob all the time, the whole team in one place, rarely moving."

They encourage teamwork to win the game, so in the end they are an important aspect of the game.

If you don't want to play as team , and have the freedom to do what you want play with a corvette and kill the lonely sheeps.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.