FORUMS

Engine rigger

Posted: //
Feb. 23, 2018, 6:17 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 23, 2018, 7:03 p.m.

This officer briefing is awful!

I tried it on a lot of ships. Heavy dread, light dread, light corvette as well as heavy tactical cruiser and light destroyer. The energy consumption is ridicolously high. WAY too high. Please tweak it, right now it makes every ship unplayble.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Feb. 23, 2018, 7:26 p.m.

I agree with you, I find thrust amplifier more efficient than engine rigger + energy generator even on a ramming vindicta.

I believe it was nerfed some time ago though, maybe they haven't found a proper balance yet.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Feb. 23, 2018, 8:10 p.m.

Lolthere'snothingwrongwithit.

Feb. 23, 2018, 9:32 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 23, 2018, 9:33 p.m.

Engine Rigger is fine, in my opinion. It's not meant to be used on every ship, just like most other briefings. Engine Rigger is the go-to briefing when you need to be able to "sprint"; that is, move really fast for short durations.

I personally found that it answered extremely well on my emergency evac light tac (substantially increasing the distance I could cover during cloak), and it can be useful on ramcans and corvettes in the right situations. A few of my friends like it especially on their medium tac cruisers, as it can help them run from a dangerous situation that much faster.

Feb. 24, 2018, 11:27 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 24, 2018, 11:28 a.m.

I don't have this OB unlocked, but I do have a Hanuman that has it, and I quite like it on that one specific ship. Not sure how it works on others, but I generally think that there are many situations where the extra speed is worth the high energy drain, especially considering you don't have to waste an active module slot for this purpose. (e.g.: if you want to be "fast" with a dread, you need to take Warp, which forces you to drop Armor Amplifier. That module is a must-have for every dread imho, so Engine Rigger is a lot better trade-off)

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.