FORUMS

Module Boost on Ship Types

Posted: //
Feb. 23, 2018, 7:02 p.m.

How about giving module boost on different ship types.

Example would be:

Light Destroyer Plasma Ram +3sec duration Blast Ram +25% damage Purge Ram -20% cd

Medium Destroyer Light particle turrets 50% dps Storm missles +50% range Temptest missiles +20% damage

Heavy Destroyer Warp +1500 range Module Reboot -40% cd Energy Generator +3sec duration Plasma Ram +50% damage

Heavy Artillery Siege mode +50% damage Purge mode -1 shot, -50%cd

And so on. What do you think.

How to Avoid Being Pubstomped by Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/64495/

Using Palos to Counter Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/65419/

Feb. 24, 2018, 11:42 a.m.

I'd say it would hamper the diversity of ship configurations that players are running, since with this change you would have a predefined setup where you know which module works best on which ship. Thus if you wanted to use said module, you'd always pick the "right" ship for it, and those ships that are "right" for a specific module would all end up running the exact same configuration.

For example all Vindictas would be running Plasma Rams, no exceptions. I don't think we want that...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Feb. 24, 2018, 12:56 p.m.

I think this kind of thing would be an excellent replacement to the current officer briefings if/when they implement the crew system.

I don't really like ship chassis having specific module perks though. I understand the concept and it's appeal, but (like mentioned above) I think it penalizes and undermines the current potential variety of loadout options.

Feb. 24, 2018, 3:49 p.m.

There is an officer brefing call Module amp. This boosts module damage/healing by 60% I think.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 24, 2018, 5:50 p.m.

Much as I'd kinda like this to be a thing, it would make certain builds the only viable build, which negates the concept of building a ship as you like it to play to your own strengths.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-211660) said:

There is an officer brefing call Module amp. This boosts module damage/healing by 60% I think.

Firstly, Module Amper is 30%. Secondly, this wasn't the point of the thread; the point was to have ship-specific bonuses when using certain modules (e.g. naturally enhanced rams on the Vindicta).

Feb. 25, 2018, 12:09 a.m.

For sure, but what I was suggesting is module-type specific Officer Briefings that allow you to specialize a ship towards certain loadouts. I think that would capture the essence of what the OP was proposing, without punishing someone for not using a specific chassis for a certain playstyle(an unsuspecting Dola rammer, for example).

It's entirely a subjective opinion, but I think that's a FAR better use for the Officer Briefing slots than the arbitrary mess we currently have them being used for. Maybe reserve one OB slot for ship characteristic changes/tradeoffs, like Navigation Expert, but the rest would be for enhancing the modules you can put on ships. This way, instead of having multiple near-identical modules, you could have officer briefings that.. reduce the cooldown and damage of Vulture Missiles on a Dread; or increase the cooldown and damage - allowing you to further customize your playstyle.

Feb. 25, 2018, 3:03 a.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-211664) said:

Much as I'd kinda like this to be a thing, it would make certain builds the only viable build, which negates the concept of building a ship as you like it to play to your own strengths.

Firstly, Module Amper is 30%. Secondly, this wasn't the point of the thread; the point was to have ship-specific bonuses when using certain modules (e.g. naturally enhanced rams on the Vindicta).

Wow jump on me for getting something wrong. Secondly my point was we already have the ability to boost modules so this would make some modules more powerful than intended. So My post was about this.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 25, 2018, 5:51 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-211678) said:

Wow jump on me for getting something wrong. Secondly my point was we already have the ability to boost modules so this would make some modules more powerful than intended. So My post was about this.

Didn't mean to come across as attacking you, sorry if that was the impression. I will just say though, you were only commenting on the fact that an officer briefing exists that boosts module damage; there was no elaboration on that point. The justification you provided does tell me that we seem to be agreed on the same point though, albeit from different angles (as it would be likely modules get rebalanced if a change like this were implemented, making some unviable on the ships they aren't "meant" to be on).

Feb. 25, 2018, 6:27 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 25, 2018, 6:27 a.m.

Ship specific module boosts will get out of hand quickly, might as well add different versions of Module Amper (Damage, Range, Duration) to spice up some builds

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.