FORUMS

This Needs To Be Said

Posted: //
Feb. 24, 2018, 1:34 a.m.

The PS4 community is small, I get it. We all form our squads and teams, sure we explore around but we stick to our teams. TDM is PvP, the whole game is PvP based, and I get it. People are bound to get upset under certain circumstances. But there's a limit to how far a grudge and stream sniping should go. If you feel like stream sniping, by all means, have at it. Say a quick hello, drop a "stream sniper confirmed". It's fun to encounter new faces. But if you hold a grudge AND you're stream sniping, I'm sorry, but you're part of the problem.

The community is small already (I know I just said this but it's a constant reminder) so when you encounter the same people over and over again, it gets a little boring, it gets a little overwhelming to meet the bar that's been set so high, and it becomes a problem later on. There's no issue with squadding up 3 people in a party and only those three end up on the same team. If there should happen to be others in the party, the best thing to do is wait until those three are in a match, and then queue for your own.

I've been a witness to this tonight. I'm part of a team here on PS4, and right now I'm going to sleep a little ticked off. We were going up against the same 4 people over and over again and it just got annoying. Not because it's a win/loss/loss thing, no. Because it's not fun, and these players always encounter us during stream times. We were doing TDM all day twice this week, never encountered them UNTIL we started playing on stream.

At one point, we knew who was who, because we had a guy on "their" team drop from our random matchmade team immediately after seeing the scoreboard. I did get a clipping of it, and honestly that's not how the game should be played. Soon after, I got pulled into the drama, and I tried playing it off like I didn't know anything. It felt wrong to not stick up for the person I highly respect. TDM is grounds for drama, it revolves around tactics, skill, wits and cunning. It's bound to get heated. But to the point where people have to stream snipe while holding a grudge is wrong, and it only enhances the problem of how small and tight-knit the DN community on PS4 already is.

Squads are meant to be in 3s for the simple fact that having a party of 5 on the same team (and it CAN be done so you all end up on the same team) takes the experience away from the team you're about to face.

Hold your grudges, people. Don't let it take away from the experience of those around you and those wanting to get into the game.

Feb. 24, 2018, 1:38 a.m.

On a sidenote, Dreadnought shouldn't be only about winning. I'm guilty of leaving a few matches myself not because of losing, but because a team is doing 5 players solo-runs and that's frustrating. The game is team based. It's TACTICAL combat. Even a 4v5 can be won if the team works together and it's happened so many times in the past.

Feb. 24, 2018, 3:46 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 24, 2018, 3:47 a.m.

Some people like going alone over restricting themselves with a team (as long as those players are good it isn't a big issue for team members), others like playing with players they know (though I certainly prefer to have a larger community as well).

When right after matches two teams are in squads and both go for it at the same time in the menus then it's might be likely that you they up in the same match (not saying the community is large enough that it can't be the case if one team waits two minutes longer, it also depends on the time of day)

Feb. 26, 2018, 11:34 a.m.

Kokurou#1978 posted (#post-211491) said:

The PS4 community is small, I get it. We all form our squads and teams, sure we explore around but we stick to our teams. TDM is PvP, the whole game is PvP based, and I get it. People are bound to get upset under certain circumstances. But there's a limit to how far a grudge and stream sniping should go. If you feel like stream sniping, by all means, have at it. Say a quick hello, drop a "stream sniper confirmed". It's fun to encounter new faces. But if you hold a grudge AND you're stream sniping, I'm sorry, but you're part of the problem.

The community is small already (I know I just said this but it's a constant reminder) so when you encounter the same people over and over again, it gets a little boring, it gets a little overwhelming to meet the bar that's been set so high, and it becomes a problem later on. There's no issue with squadding up 3 people in a party and only those three end up on the same team. If there should happen to be others in the party, the best thing to do is wait until those three are in a match, and then queue for your own.

I've been a witness to this tonight. I'm part of a team here on PS4, and right now I'm going to sleep a little ticked off. We were going up against the same 4 people over and over again and it just got annoying. Not because it's a win/loss/loss thing, no. Because it's not fun, and these players always encounter us during stream times. We were doing TDM all day twice this week, never encountered them UNTIL we started playing on stream.

At one point, we knew who was who, because we had a guy on "their" team drop from our random matchmade team immediately after seeing the scoreboard. I did get a clipping of it, and honestly that's not how the game should be played. Soon after, I got pulled into the drama, and I tried playing it off like I didn't know anything. It felt wrong to not stick up for the person I highly respect. TDM is grounds for drama, it revolves around tactics, skill, wits and cunning. It's bound to get heated. But to the point where people have to stream snipe while holding a grudge is wrong, and it only enhances the problem of how small and tight-knit the DN community on PS4 already is.

Squads are meant to be in 3s for the simple fact that having a party of 5 on the same team (and it CAN be done so you all end up on the same team) takes the experience away from the team you're about to face.

Hold your grudges, people. Don't let it take away from the experience of those around you and those wanting to get into the game.

Quick question. What is stream sniping?

Feb. 27, 2018, 5:54 a.m.

Quick question. What is stream sniping?

Ditto. No idea.

Feb. 27, 2018, 7:37 a.m.

I had to look it up: "Stream sniping is a contentious form of, essentially, cheating in multiplayer games with big livestream audiences.Stream snipers are those who watch a Twitch stream of a game while playing it themselves to get a read on where another player is so that they can go take them down." Reminds me of looking at the other persons screen in a split-screen pvp game. Lol. Its a lot of effort to go to to win. Kinda tragic really.

Feb. 27, 2018, 8:43 a.m.

Also called "Stream Stalking".

When we did the first German Live Stream on Twitch 2 weeks ago, some players were teaming up and were trying to queue at the same time to match with DN_Timo and DN_Hardy. Can't really blame them, at some point if you're trying to play against "competitive" you try to play in a team against a team.

It being because you found some new players you can win against and farm XP, or because you're looking for challenges, that's always been how matchmaking worked, you try to get as much luck as possible on your side to match their teams.

Usually taking 5 min off is the best way to get matched against other people as their team will be in-game already.

French Community Manager

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Feb. 27, 2018, 9:35 a.m.

"Usually taking 5 min off is the best way to get matched against other people as their team will be in-game already."

Yes, this.

March 1, 2018, 12:19 a.m.

Kokurou#1978 posted (#post-211491) said:

I will second everything Kokurou just explained it's not a matchmaking issue it's a group of toxic and abusive players that are intentionally streaming sniping. I was witness to and defended the streamer in question. The toxic players were posting about it live on a community message board. The Group of players will stack 5 people on a team and if one of that group gets on the opposing team they will go afk, leave the match or intentionally try and to help there friends on the enemy team. It's a small group that are visibly hurting the community and driving away new players

Kokoru props for speaking up. Very well said.

Death is the price we pay for the games we play. Warriors till the day we die.

Closed